Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any Pick Up Groups?

MudHekketMudHekket Member UncommonPosts: 87

Guild Wars is the greats MMORPG I have ever found, but I stopped hanging out on Guild Wars because it became too hard to find pick up groups (I got hooked too late).  However, I see there have been some content updates, which might perhaps bring some players back.  Is there anywhere I can go in any of the campaigns (I have them all) where I have a fair chance of finding PvE pickup groups?

Comments

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

you are probably out of luck on that

however, there are a few places where people hang out to try to get runs at, you might be able to get a pug at those outposts

• MudHekketMudHekket Member UncommonPosts: 87

Any particular places worth trying?

Does the War in Kryta make a difference?  Is there a good place to hook up with groups for that>

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

it actually depends on what you wanna do
    if you wanna do the storyline missions, than having an active, PVEcentric, newbie-friendly guild to belong to will make doing missions more fun
    also you can find many people hanging out in mission outposts lfging depending on time of day
    there will be tons of people lfging when a particular mission is the zaishen mission (dailies) of the day

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• MudHekketMudHekket Member UncommonPosts: 87

Thanks.  I have now posted to the Guild Forum looking for a guild.

Can you tell me anywhere in particular I should go if I'm hoping to find humans to play with?  I own all expansions.  How do I find the "zaishen mission of the day"?

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

Great temple of Balthazar will have the zaishen dailies.

Temple of the Ages and Doomlore Shrine usually have a lot of people for runs. And of course the main cities and outposts (Lion's Arch, Kamadan, Kaineng Center, and the EotN outpost).