Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fear of Death removal confirmed! (1.1.0.3 Ru)

NadsFallNadsFall Member Posts: 22

While only in the Russian version so far, in the upcoming 1.1.0.3 patch it's leaving the game for good!

If your Russian is up to speed, feel free to read the official patch notes, or an English blog entry here.

Whether this is good news or not still remains to be seen though, as instead the devs are introducing a new Item curse mechanic. Bosses may now drop cursed gear. Additionally, upon death your (blue and above) items now have a chance to inherit a curse, lowering their stats.

To counteract this effect two new items are being added to the cash shop: A blessing (potion?) that will protect your gear from curses on death and another item to dispel curses from items.

Other interesting patch tid-bits:

-New 40+ zone

-Cap increase to 42

-new 42 slot bag in item shop

-Consumables will now have expiry dates! And only the ones with the same dates are stackable

-The cash shop elixiers persist through death

-Mount speed increase by 10%

-A new inspect player ability. Its efficiency scales with ranks, which increase with player level

- A new cash shop item allowing the acquisition of 2nd and 3rd professions

and a bunch more additions, bug fixes and balancing

Comments

• lololo

Next patches they will make it so you login..and your char only moves if you buy a moving potion...only run if you buy a running potion..and so on..f2p mmos at its best...

• MMO_DoubterMMO_Doubter Member Posts: 5,056

Originally posted by NadsFall

While only in the Russian version so far, in the upcoming 1.1.0.3 patch it's leaving the game for good!

If your Russian is up to speed, feel free to read the official patch notes, or an English blog entry here.

Whether this is good news or not still remains to be seen though, as instead the devs are introducing a new Item curse mechanic. Bosses may now drop cursed gear. Additionally, upon death your (blue and above) items now have a chance to inherit a curse, lowering their stats.

To counteract this effect two new items are being added to the cash shop: A blessing (potion?) that will protect your gear from curses on death and another item to dispel curses from items.

Other interesting patch tid-bits:

-New 40+ zone

-Cap increase to 42

-new 42 slot bag in item shop

-Consumables will now have expiry dates! And only the ones with the same dates are stackable

-The cash shop elixiers persist through death

-Mount speed increase by 10%

-A new inspect player ability. Its efficiency scales with ranks, which increase with player level

- A new cash shop item allowing the acquisition of 2nd and 3rd professions

and a bunch more additions, bug fixes and balancing

Every item in a cash shop should be subtitled: "Screw you, suckers."

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

• SweetZoidSweetZoid Member Posts: 437

Can i uncurse the gear or will it stay cursed for eternity?

• JpizzleJpizzle Member Posts: 371

So, they're essentially just changing the mechanic? Same stupid stat killer penalty that forces you to buy pots in the item shop. Same stupid stat killer penalty that will be more expensive, the more frequent you play.

Sounds like same shit, diff day to me.

Until they drop these ridiculous penalties, that force purchases in the cash shop, they're never going to see the influx of players they gameplay itself warranted.

• abyss404abyss404 Member UncommonPosts: 68

Just get a damn job and pay to play one of the myriad of beautifully crafted P2P games. When are people going to learn that F2P games are a fraction of the experience you can get from a good P2P game.

• NadsFallNadsFall Member Posts: 22

Originally posted by SweetZoid

Can i uncurse the gear or will it stay cursed for eternity?

Yes there will be an item to reverse the effect, but from what I've gathered it's cash shop only

• JpizzleJpizzle Member Posts: 371

Originally posted by abyss404
    Just get a damn job and pay to play one of the myriad of beautifully crafted P2P games. When are people going to learn that F2P games are a fraction of the experience you can get from a good P2P game.

This game is developed better then Cryptic's last two shit piles. It's gameplay, visuals and depth are on par or better then a lot of recent P2P releases (Global Agenda, STO, ChampO, WAR). Problem is (just like Cryptic) they're to money hungry. It could have been a resounding success. A slow, but steady, population increase to rival top P2P games.

But, greed took over, and that's when your statement takes merit. I'm not going to give them $30-$50 a month, for essentialy the same things I can do in tons of other games for $15. They can't get it through their thick ass skulls that people aren't going to willingly be raped like this.

• CursedseiCursedsei Member Posts: 1,012

Wow, to think that I was this close ">  <" to playing again when I saw that.

Instead, they've implemented what could easily be an even worse system than FoD. Sure the FoD system sucked, but it was avoidable in-game (despite the fact that avoiding it in-game would get your ass kicked out of whatever raid/dungeon you were in). Now, there's a chance where you'll get f***ed over randomly upon death thanks to the RNG system thats behind it, it could be only one piece of your gear, or it could be every piece at once, who knows.

You know, here's a thought, why not change FoD to where it makes sense? Instead of punishing you for having a healer with a revive spell, punish the player if they decide to revive earlier through paying for it. You know, like WoW? If they wanted to copy several aspects from that game, they should of grabbed that as well.

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

This game is better than any of the p2p titles released in the past 3 years. The only problem with it, is the greedy ass CS.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• gw1228gw1228 Member UncommonPosts: 127

Vanguard Saga of Heroes =Fail

Warhammer Online=Fail

Age of Conan=Fail

Allods Online=????????   

Isn't it obvious.....headed down a dangerous road there Gpotato.....dangerous indeed....

get ready to watch your 20 million become vaporware in the future...20 freaking million dollars

and just like other developers they are derailing their MMO all by themselves...don't some of these guys atleast have Master Degreese in something...Business?  Economics?  Computer Science?  Anything???  hmm guess not....

EPIC FAILURE

• CursedseiCursedsei Member Posts: 1,012

Originally posted by gw1228

and just like other developers they are derailing their MMO all by themselves...don't some of these guys atleast have Master Degreese in something...Business?  Economics?  Computer Science?  Anything???  hmm guess not....

EPIC FAILURE

Of course, but where is the question.

Doing some research, I found that all of them had earned their Masters at the Smedly and Kotick Institute of Nickle-Diming, located in sunny Nowhere, Nevada.

There's a site, but you have to pay $1 to get the unique randomly generated tinyurl.com link, then another $4 to buy the visitor's code needed for the site.

• StrixMaximaStrixMaxima Member UncommonPosts: 865

Heh, people are funny. FoD was a screwed up mechanic, people complained, it got swapped by a MUCH less penalyzing mechanic, and the 'boo-hoo-hoo' continues. If you don't think that a chance mechanic is better than a stacking mechanic, please move along.

The game has to profit. You don't need to spend ton of cash to play the game decently. The game is good. Much better than some platinum P2P crap that were released lately.

However, if you are on welfare, don't play games. Use your money to buy stuff, heating and transportation, please.

• describabledescribable Member UncommonPosts: 407

Originally posted by StrixMaxima

Heh, people are funny. FoD was a screwed up mechanic, people complained, it got swapped by a MUCH less penalyzing mechanic, and the 'boo-hoo-hoo' continues. If you don't think that a chance mechanic is better than a stacking mechanic, please move along.

The game has to profit. You don't need to spend ton of cash to play the game decently. The game is good. Much better than some platinum P2P crap that were released lately.

However, if you are on welfare, don't play games. Use your money to buy stuff, heating and transportation, please.

you realise that logic completely fails right? if you're spending more than $15 a month on a game where you can get a pretty much better deal with a P2P game... something isn't quite right....

wouldn't say allods was good, it's an "alternative" sure, it's a F2P game (stretching the "free" a bit much) although not if you want to "play" the game as intended.

the defenders of this game, amuse me though....keep going, it's like you have blinker lights on "you can only see the good of a game" instead of the glaring failures..

-munches popcorn- please... continue

"nothing actually matters, we're just slightly evolved monkeys clinging to a dying piece of rock hurtling through space waiting for our eventual death." - Frankie Boyle, Mock The Week

• StrixMaximaStrixMaxima Member UncommonPosts: 865

Originally posted by describable

you realise that logic completely fails right? if you're spending more than $15 a month on a game where you can get a pretty much better deal with a P2P game... something isn't quite right....

wouldn't say allods was good, it's an "alternative" sure, it's a F2P game (stretching the "free" a bit much) although not if you want to "play" the game as intended.

the defenders of this game, amuse me though....keep going, it's like you have blinker lights on "you can only see the good of a game" instead of the glaring failures..

-munches popcorn- please... continue

Prithee, explain me where is the "fail logic", if you may. And where I advocate spending loads of money. And where I say that the game should be played like X or Y.

The game shop was ridiculous. But it is becoming much more sensible after each patch. Take the popcorn bucket from your head and actually try to play the game. Then you tell me if you need to spend a truckload of cash.

And, newsflash for you, since you seem to be the master of understatements: every game in the market has flaws. Allods have them, like all the others. But it has also a nice depth and decent enjoyment for your time, specially considering this is still Beta.

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

Originally posted by toddze

This game is better than any of the p2p titles released in the past 3 years. The only problem with it, is the greedy ass CS.

But games come as a package. If the game is only playable when you pay tons of money, and if the one who pays most has the best chances (as in all "pay2win" aka "free2play" games) then the game is obviously crap. Unless you think that paying tons of money to win is a good thing. And if the game is crap it is obviously NOT better than recently released P2P titles.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• KarmakaziKarmakazi Member Posts: 165

I was actually considering revisting this game but to ruin your gear for dying if you don't buy their cruddy item mall stuff? Pfft, what a joke. If that's not a low blow, I don't know what is. You're basically forcing your player to pay up for fear their gear they've farmed days or even weeks for will become crap each time they die. I could see this kinda stuff in a more hardcore mmo but not one like this.

• DreathorDreathor Member Posts: 537

It may well be a 'better' mechanic, but it's still forcing us to obtain said potions, whether through the cash shop or auction house.

If they're going to be "overpriced" or "expensive" like most items were previously, then there's probably not going to be enough being sold on the auction house to supply players who aren't spending $$. If they were "cheap" then it'd be no problem IMO, plenty to go around.

I hope I'll be proven wrong and there will be enough people buying them to sell to other players, but I doubt it to be honest.

Looks like I won't be logging in again after all.

"If all you can say is... "It's awful, it's not innovative, it's ugly, it's blah.." Then you're an unimaginative and unpolished excuse for human life" -eburn

• xion12121xion12121 Member UncommonPosts: 199

The game is good nobody is denying that but for me its irritating to see people say its okay to pay more than a regular free 2 play becuause the game is good. This is horrible your just encouraging developers to allow themselves to keep raising the price and where does it end?  I want mmo players that are willing to put their foot down and keep prices adequate. Like now say the bag in the store for allods costs $20 right?

If people like you spoon feed it and go well its only 20 bucks then the developer is sucking away money from you. Then their like this " oh this sucker is actually willing to pay this much for this item what a dumb person:" lets raise the bag to 40 dollars next time hes gonna pay up anyways. Do you see where im going with this? If people allow this it will get out of hand like cryptic studios who are charging 15 dollars a month for subscription and have a c store in place . You are bascially allowing developers to walk all over you.

I would give you a guest pass to SWOTR, but then I wouldn't be able to find a way to live with myself afterwards....

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

Not gonna happen I don't have a job (retired) so I tend to play quite heavily during a month. This game therefore represents really really poor value for money. Can I afford it sure will I payit, no way. I can easily subscribe to 2 or 3 'AAA' sub based games for the same price as consumables. If I wanted runed up gear I could play every p2p on the planet for a year or more for the same price. Don't get me wrong I think its a pretty good game but it does not justify the price tag. Also the fact they are clearly trying to gouge people irritates the caca out of me. Charge 15 bucks a month and have done with it.

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

Ironically It's probably a fine game for wage slaves that can only afford time to play a couple of hours a day. The way it is structured it is essentially pay/hour so poor value for people that do not need to work for a living. Your assumption that the reason people won't pay is because they can't afford it is laughable anyway. 

• TyrrhonTyrrhon Member Posts: 412

This game publishers are bunch of morons that are dead set to impose death tax on people, despite reaping grim rewards of such attempt. They fail and they do it again, from slightly different angle. They would get fired selling groceries but they can sell multimilion games.

They are completely missing the mark. People do not want to be punished for death.

Also, F2P players do not pay on regular basis.

Cursed items are worse than FoD due to how gear works. Also, they are basically selling gear now. And they killed the trading of cash shop items. This game is no longer "free" by any stretch of imagination, yet it hardly gives anything fun or worthwhile for your money.

• arnaki3000arnaki3000 Member UncommonPosts: 66

I believe this game is very good for casual players like me. I play 10 to 14 hours/week max and so far i have spend zero on it. My account will never expire and i dont have to spend 15/month for a subscription i might not use.

• golightgolight Member Posts: 104

Originally posted by Gorilla

Ironically It's probably a fine game for wage slaves that can only afford time to play a couple of hours a day. The way it is structured it is essentially pay/hour so poor value for people that do not need to work for a living. Your assumption that the reason people won't pay is because they can't afford it is laughable anyway. 

Not so sure, I'm a wage earner and at first I was happy to pay for things in this game, but I noticed just how much money they are trying to make you spend. Sure you don't have too pay, but you won't have much chance at the little endgame content if you don't. The new Russian patch will make it even harder not to spend real cash. Anyone who's run heroic dungeons knows what i mean.

The real issues is that normally you would get something back for the money you spend, but Allods haven't got any real PVP or much endgame content yet.. so the justification just isn't there.

I've not logged in for some time now, since I started buidling my ship. You never know, maybe in 3 months time the game will have something fun in it for lvl40s.

Unfortunately, the one thing I would be willing to spend to particpate in, isn't there. The PVP is missing totally at max lvl and the new Russian patch isn't addressing that problem.

Play: -
    Played: FFXIV, WAR, Allods, Aion, AoC, DDO, EQ2, GW, Lotro, Tabula Rasa, Vanguard, WoW