Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PvP rumors

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Somewhere i heared stories that Lotro has true PvP now where players can fught other players ...

So is this true?

And if its true, in what form?

Anything better then duells could make me happy...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• seeyouspacec0wboyseeyouspacec0wboy Member UncommonPosts: 714

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Somewhere i heared stories that Lotro has true PvP now where players can fught other players ...

So is this true?

Lol if they implemented a true pvp system and it was real they wouldnt just be rumors, it would be all over the place, including on their main site.

You dont just completely revamp the game and add a new system and keep it behind closed doors. 

Originally posted by Scagweed22
    is it the graphics? the repetativenesses? i mean what is the point? you could be so much more productive in real life
    Real life brings repetition and pointlessness too. The only thing real life offers is Great graphics. Its kinda expensive too and way to dependent on the cash shop. Totally pay to win as well. No thank you. Ill stick to my games.

• DamarusofktDamarusofkt Member UncommonPosts: 74

So is this true?

Since its release Lotro has always had a type of PvP (don't know where you heard only dueling?).  It is called PvMP.  Bassically, there is a zone with keeps and bases and various things that players can go in and battle over.  You can either choose to play as your normal character you leveled up from level 1, or you can make a PvP character that is already max level.  The pvp character will be a monster (warg, spider, orc).  You can get upgrades for your monster and so on, buy new skills as you play it, blah blah.  These options create the teams that fight against each other, and give it the name Player vs. Monster Player.

While I myself enjoy the game, If you are looking into the game purely for the fact of pvp, you might want to proceede cautiously.  While there is a good sized community that does PvMP, and I find myself there every night, I do enjoy other facets of the game, and thats why I play.

Leader of Knights Templar
    GW2 IGN: Damarus
    knights-templar.com

• Darth_OsorDarth_Osor Member Posts: 1,089

Once the game progresses to Rohan/Gondor/Mordor, I would like to see real playable forces of Mordor, with leveling, quests, etc for them with one or more open world PvP servers.  I'm not really a big PvPer, but the idea of rampaging through the Shire as a Wraith or Orc killing Hobbits sounds like a blast. 

• MMO_DoubterMMO_Doubter Member Posts: 5,056

Originally posted by Damarusofkt

Since its release Lotro has always had a type of PvP (don't know where you heard only dueling?).  It is called PvMP.  Bassically, there is a zone with keeps and bases and various things that players can go in and battle over.  You can either choose to play as your normal character you leveled up from level 1, or you can make a PvP character that is already max level.  The pvp character will be a monster (warg, spider, orc).  You can get upgrades for your monster and so on, buy new skills as you play it, blah blah.  These options create the teams that fight against each other, and give it the name Player vs. Monster Player.

Sounds interesting. How does one 'unlock' the PvMP gameplay?

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

• vtravivtravi Member UncommonPosts: 398

You just have to level a character to level 10, to be able to make a monster to play in the PvMP. That will take maybe 2 hours if you are new to the game to get to level 10

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835

Sounds interesting. How does one 'unlock' the PvMP gameplay?

Once you hit level (10? I beleve) the option comes up on your toon log in screen 'creature monster play toon' also you would have got one of those in game info pop up's.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Member UncommonPosts: 342

Originally posted by Ozreth

So is this true?

Lol if they implemented a true pvp system and it was real they wouldnt just be rumors, it would be all over the place, including on their main site.

You dont just completely revamp the game and add a new system and keep it behind closed doors. 

*cough*   NGE  *cough*

• gtnbtftegtnbtfte Member Posts: 44

There are players in lotro who play pvp on monster characters (orcs wargs spiders) almost exclusively. They have their own guilds and are pretty organized in causing havok on the pvp map. I personally only pvp with my free peoples  character (the pve ones) and ony when the guild goes there but if pvp is your thing there is a whole different community doing just that.

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791

Open PvP would ruin the game (as it has for most games that had open PvP).  I would expect a new PvMP area down the road though (possibly in Rohan). 

• Vagrant_ZeroVagrant_Zero Member Posts: 1,190

Originally posted by JerYnkFan

Originally posted by Ozreth

So is this true?

*cough*   NGE  *cough*

And how did that work out? :p