Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TOR Moderator bias....

2»

Comments

• HarabeckHarabeck Member Posts: 616

Originally posted by Faelsun

Originally posted by Drachasor

I've posted quite a lot on the TOR forums and have noticed no unusual moderation for what it is worth.

If you agree with their talking points I'm sure you don't get modded much at all.

Not like poor Stoicraven here.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=130776&page=4

Who in one thread page has had the rules of conduct totally ignored in order to call her everything from lazy, selfish, drama quenn and willfully idiotic, for making a simple retort/opinion. Now if she tries to retort in any way shes going to get modded, possilby banned for 24 hours.

But if your posting as oh, Vaporlock then sure, you have nothing to worry about.

You can ignore the terms of conduct.

http://www.swtor.com/legalnotices/rulesofconduct

But if Donna Prior and disagrees with you, you get banned.

Shrug I don't care if you agree with me, I'm right.

What are you talking about?  I checked out that thread and didn't see anything against the CoC by ANYONE.  Stoicraven wasn't getting called names as far as IK could tell either.

LOL you mean like willful idiot or drama queen, yeh, a few people like Lokeii whatever hes called insult you then Edit their posts, but gemstones like this still remain. That behavior will get you banned on these forums.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stoicraven

So is this comment above simply your way of stating that raiders should be able to control the market on gear? There's no need to even allow raiders to do a dungeon or whatever they want to call it more then once either. There's no reason anything you pick up on a raid shouldn't be BOP. There's plenty of reason for crafters to be able to make raid like gear and two of those reasons are to suit the PvP'ers and RP'ers. Sorry but the raid/loot farm play style isn't the only option available.

Yes, raiders don't allow anyone else to do the same things they did to get their gear in the first place-- complete content as many times as was needed to get what they wanted. Stop being such a drama queen/ willfully idiotic. You act like once someone goes through the steps to get geared up no one else can ever do those same steps afterwords.

If you'll notice in the soulbinding thread, the same people (raiders/pvp'ers) that want people to EARN their gear rather than buy it want the high level stuff to be bind on pick-up-- meaning that even if no one wants it in the group you can't sell or give it to anyone that wasn't there. So no, raiders don't want to "control the market".

Sound like the raiders don't want a market at all. Item binding systems kill in-game economies.

• Vagrant_ZeroVagrant_Zero Member Posts: 1,190

Originally posted by Harabeck

I've posted quite a lot on the TOR forums and have noticed no unusual moderation for what it is worth.
    If you agree with their talking points I'm sure you don't get modded much at all.

Who in one thread page has had the rules of conduct totally ignored in order to call her everything from lazy, selfish, drama quenn and willfully idiotic, for making a simple retort/opinion. Now if she tries to retort in any way shes going to get modded, possilby banned for 24 hours.
    But if your posting as oh, Vaporlock then sure, you have nothing to worry about.

What are you talking about?  I checked out that thread and didn't see anything against the CoC by ANYONE.  Stoicraven wasn't getting called names as far as IK could tell either.

LOL you mean like willful idiot or drama queen, yeh, a few people like Lokeii whatever hes called insult you then Edit their posts, but gemstones like this still remain. That behavior will get you banned on these forums.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stoicraven

So is this comment above simply your way of stating that raiders should be able to control the market on gear? There's no need to even allow raiders to do a dungeon or whatever they want to call it more then once either. There's no reason anything you pick up on a raid shouldn't be BOP. There's plenty of reason for crafters to be able to make raid like gear and two of those reasons are to suit the PvP'ers and RP'ers. Sorry but the raid/loot farm play style isn't the only option available.

Yes, raiders don't allow anyone else to do the same things they did to get their gear in the first place-- complete content as many times as was needed to get what they wanted. Stop being such a drama queen/ willfully idiotic. You act like once someone goes through the steps to get geared up no one else can ever do those same steps afterwords.

If you'll notice in the soulbinding thread, the same people (raiders/pvp'ers) that want people to EARN their gear rather than buy it want the high level stuff to be bind on pick-up-- meaning that even if no one wants it in the group you can't sell or give it to anyone that wasn't there. So no, raiders don't want to "control the market".

Sound like the raiders don't want a market at all. Item binding systems kill in-game economies.

Lolwat and no and god no.

Without item-binding/decay any economy would be subject to rampant inflation. WAR's economy experiences this on a much smaller scale.

• FaelsunFaelsun Member UncommonPosts: 501

Originally posted by Vagrant_Zero

Without item-binding/decay any economy would be subject to rampant inflation. WAR's economy experiences this on a much smaller scale.

That explains why EVEs economy is so much better than WOWs?

Bad logic, bad example and off topic.

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

I was following that thread from the start, and no one got insulted.

Things can get a little bit heated up when people disagree, at which point they get modded, both sides do.

No such things happened in that thread, you're simply pulling something out of your arse, again.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

In EVE ships get destroyed and then they are gone permanently.

Imagine all gear being able to get traded continuously without decay, rampant inflation here we come, even with item decay it would still be ridiculous.

EVE's economy is more complex because there's a lot more steps and people to go through, inflation is still a big factor, and the economy is not balanced.

No virtual economy with an unlimited influx of money can ever be like real life or balanced.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

Don't use a game you've never played to try and help you make a failing point.

In EVE there is massive item decay...it's called getting your ass blown up by other players.

In EVE there is massive item decay...it's called getting your ass blown up by other players.

Mmm sorry I have played EVE I think you misunderstand what Item decay is. Now if the ships on eve sitting in the Dock started to rust and became scrap metal after a few months, thats item decay. Getting blown up well, its just getting your ass kicked. Your mistake.

Originally posted by Fdzzaigl

I was following that thread from the start, and no one got insulted.

Things can get a little bit heated up when people disagree, at which point they get modded, both sides do.

No such things happened in that thread, you're simply pulling something out of your arse, again.

Not really you can clearly see even from the example I showed infractions being made. Now if you post there and feel the need to defend your viewpoint thats another topic, like item decay its not really part of the discussion right now. But if you want to ignore the obvious to take a jab at me then by all means be my guest.

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863

Mmm sorry I have played EVE I think you misunderstand what Item decay is. Now if the ships on eve sitting in the Dock started to rust and became scrap metal after a few months, thats item decay. Getting blown up well, its just getting your ass kicked. Your mistake.

Umm he didn't mean item decay in the literal sense... he was jokingly referring to 'massive item decay' as the loss of items from ship destruction. Also comparing EVE to traditional themepark economics is ridiculous for the above reason, in EVE you have permanent item loss, in SWTOR you won't, meaning you would have a market flooded with used items, this would be fail economics.

Your name really suits you :)

O_o o_O

Not really you can clearly see even from the example I showed infractions being made. Now if you post there and feel the need to defend your viewpoint thats another topic, like item decay its not really part of the discussion right now. But if you want to ignore the obvious to take a jab at me then by all means be my guest.

You can't know whether infractions were given out because you can't see someone else's infractions, but reading the character page for this Stoicraven and a guy named Rhydian, I will assume you're either one of them and feel like you've been hurt in some way, how cute.

Let me sum up your argument so far:

TOR moderators are biased OMG: look here a guild page of a totally unrelated raiding guild: look at the member names, look Skyewaulker is a mod. Look they're making TOR a raiding game!!

Uhmm, I don't see any mods on there, Skyewaulker is just a regular poster (who I've personally clashed with a lot of times without further complications).

But look! Some of the moderators worked for another gaming company before!!

Yeah, that happens a lot with moderators. Sean Dahlberg was CM for shadowbane for example, doesn't mean the game goes the shadowbane route

But look! Some of those same moderators are in a raiding guild!!

So what?

But look! There's this thread here where people disagree with this guy and he got modded, look at the bias!

*Looks into thread* ... *Doesn't see anything special* ... Nothing special happened in this thread.

But OMG! This guy (which is probably you) got modded and he received infractions, the mods are obviously biased because they didn't like my behaviour wee wee, lets go troll mmorpg.com and complain about it.

Yeah right, seeing your ridiculous posts here, I'm glad they got scrapped from the official forums; suck it up Failsun.

Originally posted by Bigdavo

Umm he didn't mean item decay in the literal sense... he was jokingly referring to 'massive item decay' as the loss of items from ship destruction. Also comparing EVE to traditional themepark economics is ridiculous for the above reason, in EVE you have permanent item loss, in SWTOR you won't, meaning you would have a market flooded with used items, this would be fail economics.

Your name really suits you :)

I know what he meant, still dont think EVE is traditional item decay.

But I dont really care about that crap themepark whatever its all off topic anyway.

Originally posted by Fdzzaigl

But look! There's this thread here where people disagree with this guy and he got modded, look at the bias!

*Looks into thread* ... *Doesn't see anything special* ... Nothing special happened in this thread.

But OMG! This guy (which is probably you) got modded and he received infractions, the mods are obviously biased because they didn't like my behaviour wee wee, lets go troll mmorpg.com and complain about it.

Yeah right, seeing your ridiculous posts here, I'm glad they got scrapped from the official forums; suck it up Failsun.

LOL what the hell else is mmorpg.com good for?

My posts arent ridiculous their faaaaaantastic.

I'm not the one with an apparent need to defend myself.

What I showed were not disagreements but blatant harassment and looking the other way on the moderators part. My guess is with your obviously venemous attitude you probably take a similar approach on other forums. If I pointed out some flaw in your personality my apologies.

Fantastical.

Fantasmogriphic.

My point.

------------------------------------->

Your head.

Edit: Did you really just call EVE a "crap themepark?"

This goes back to my original point of you not talking about shit you don't know about.

My point.

Your head.

This goes back to my original point of you not talking about shit you don't know about.

No  I said you dont' know what Item decay is.

One of us is full of it but it's not me.

In EVE ships blow up, but there is no item decay in the strictest sense of the word.

But your gettng off topic and ranting again Jr.

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

My point.

Your head.

No stupid ass I said you're too much of a moron to know what Item decay is.

One of us is full of crap but it's not me.

In EVE ships blow up, but there is no item decay in the strictest sense of the word.

But your gettng off topic and ranting again Jr.

Ask yourself why you want item decay. Ask yourself what item decay does for a game and its economy.

Now ask yourself what happens when ships get blown up in EVE. Ask yourself what that does to the game and its economy.

Finally, stop insulting people, because it's making you look like a bigger Failsun than normal.

• ChirugaiChirugai Member UncommonPosts: 304

Please stay on topic and refrain from personal attacks.

Fortune favours the bold.