Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Still get Hackshield boots? How is the PvP?

Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902

I beta tested this game a little bit, I had issues with it booting me constantly telling me it detected illegal third party applications, macros or some nonsense.  It actually effected a ton of people and after a few weeks of nothing being done, I just quit playing the game. 

so, curious if anyone knows if this has been addressed?

also how is the pvp?  I never really got that far in the game to be honest.

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."

Comments

• Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902

well, I got my answer about hackshield.  Its fixed and not booting ppl out anymore.. kick ass

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."
  • drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

Been playing for about a month and havn't had any problems with hackshield, although ijji reactor is a different story. It can sometimes take multiple restarts for reactor to actually react and start the game lol.

Can't say much about the PvP since I don't do it, and try to move through conflict/skirmish zones as quick as possible. There are a few random pkers(outside of pvp zones) here and there but with 10hrs of murder status for each kill it is pretty rare.

thanks man

ya i really like the pk penalty.  although, im seeing a crusade on their forums to lighten it a bit.  personally i havnt engaged in any so Im not sure how consentual it is.  ie, if I initiate pvp on someone and they fight back.. and  I win.. am I still penalized?

• DovenDoven Member Posts: 138
    Originally posted by Rayx0r

thanks man
    ya i really like the pk penalty.  although, im seeing a crusade on their forums to lighten it a bit.  personally i havnt engaged in any so Im not sure how consentual it is.  ie, if I initiate pvp on someone and they fight back.. and  I win.. am I still penalized?

without writing a full guide on the subject (which there is none), I will help you out a bit.

When your normal your name is white..

When a person tries to PK you outside of conflict zone (orange or red colored area marked on map), also known as a "white zone",  and he is normal.. being his name is white, .. his name will turn purple/violet.  You can attack this person normaly and if he dies you will NOT recieve a murder state.  NOTE!  attack normaly as in not using ctrl+left mouse clik.  Just use a skill or simply left clik the target.  CTRL+left click means that you force attack a player not defend against and should you ctrl+left clik and kill your PK aggressor you will get flagged orange.  Normal attack or skill you will not flag and will remain white.

If the person trying to Pk you has an ORANGE colored name and you attack him back and KILL him, you will become Orange as well and rack up your first murder state of 10 hours.  Making you Orange named for 10 hours and not able to use any NPC, teleport, bank.. ect.

If the person trying to PK you has a RED name, And you have a normal name white state, You can defend yourself with no worries and should you kill him you will remain white.

If the person trying to PK you is RED and you are ORANGE and you try to defend yourself, you will rack up your second 10 hour murder state addding onto your orange state penalty. 

So here is an example:

You are white, you decide to be a douche and kill a white player.  You ctrl+left click another white player.. your name turns purple.  Other player decides to run and you kill that player.. Your name turns Orange and you get 10 hours.  So you say, "what the hell" and decide to kill another white player.. thats another 10 hours.   But wait!.. you see an orange player.. and decide to go challenge him.  Two oranges battle it out.. YOU win.. Now your name turns red.  Now you have 30 hours of penalty.  You decide, wtf I'm this far might as well be an ass.  You decide to punk another white player.  BUT, this time he fights back and kicks your ass.  He stays white, you still have 30 hours.    Red's vs Red's.. no penalty.

Keep in mind during all of this.. there is a chance to drop items from your inventory, even items equipped.  Unles your in an orange conflict zone.

there is a reason for this system.  PK is not tolerated in NON conflict zones.. which are clearly marked on the map.  this is not a PK game.  If the player wants pvp, they can make a battlezone for it.  If you are wrongfully killed you can seek revenge by using the revenge system.. which I will not get into.  Eventually there will be open world pvp with tower sieges but this has not been implimented as of yet.

bottome line.. you want to do the crime.. you gotta pay the time.. :)  so yes.. you can defend yourself, just only do so when the player name is purple/violet  or red.  All other times.. simply run away or if a conflict zone is close, run to the conflict zone.

d

ps.. forgive my spelling errors.. I am simply to tired atm.

"He who reigns within himself and rules his passions, desires, and fears is more than a king."

"Where there is much desire to learn, there of necessity will be much argruing, much writting, many opinions; for opinions in good men is but knowledge in the making."

John Milton 1608-1674

Originally posted by Doven

Originally posted by Rayx0r

thanks man

without writing a full guide on the subject (which there is none), I will help you out a bit.

When your normal your name is white..

When a person tries to PK you outside of conflict zone (orange or red colored area marked on map), also known as a "white zone",  and he is normal.. being his name is white, .. his name will turn purple/violet.  You can attack this person normaly and if he dies you will NOT recieve a murder state.  NOTE!  attack normaly as in not using ctrl+left mouse clik.  Just use a skill or simply left clik the target.  CTRL+left click means that you force attack a player not defend against and should you ctrl+left clik and kill your PK aggressor you will get flagged orange.  Normal attack or skill you will not flag and will remain white.

If the person trying to Pk you has an ORANGE colored name and you attack him back and KILL him, you will become Orange as well and rack up your first murder state of 10 hours.  Making you Orange named for 10 hours and not able to use any NPC, teleport, bank.. ect.

If the person trying to PK you has a RED name, And you have a normal name white state, You can defend yourself with no worries and should you kill him you will remain white.

If the person trying to PK you is RED and you are ORANGE and you try to defend yourself, you will rack up your second 10 hour murder state addding onto your orange state penalty. 

So here is an example:

You are white, you decide to be a douche and kill a white player.  You ctrl+left click another white player.. your name turns purple.  Other player decides to run and you kill that player.. Your name turns Orange and you get 10 hours.  So you say, "what the hell" and decide to kill another white player.. thats another 10 hours.   But wait!.. you see an orange player.. and decide to go challenge him.  Two oranges battle it out.. YOU win.. Now your name turns red.  Now you have 30 hours of penalty.  You decide, wtf I'm this far might as well be an ass.  You decide to punk another white player.  BUT, this time he fights back and kicks your ass.  He stays white, you still have 30 hours.    Red's vs Red's.. no penalty.

Keep in mind during all of this.. there is a chance to drop items from your inventory, even items equipped.  Unles your in an orange conflict zone.

there is a reason for this system.  PK is not tolerated in NON conflict zones.. which are clearly marked on the map.  this is not a PK game.  If the player wants pvp, they can make a battlezone for it.  If you are wrongfully killed you can seek revenge by using the revenge system.. which I will not get into.  Eventually there will be open world pvp with tower sieges but this has not been implimented as of yet.

bottome line.. you want to do the crime.. you gotta pay the time.. :)  so yes.. you can defend yourself, just only do so when the player name is purple/violet  or red.  All other times.. simply run away or if a conflict zone is close, run to the conflict zone.

d

ps.. forgive my spelling errors.. I am simply to tired atm.

thanks a lot.  It actually sounds extremely close to how Lineage 2 was when it first came out. 

I like that :)

• ergzergz Member Posts: 3

People still gank lower leves quite a bit though penalties don't really matter to them, especially around 25-35 at the path of the alchemist waypoint. Make sure your in and out of that area I've been pk'ed countless times there.

• yoyo385yoyo385 Member UncommonPosts: 4

10 h penalty??

Which version are you playing?

I'm on global (Webzen) version and penalty is 20h for first kill, second kill is 20h red(cant enter mission's, shops, private shop doesn't work, basically you can just sit in town and wait for cursed tower trials cause that is only thing you can do) and 20h orange after that, third kill is another 20 hours red and so on (personal best is 80 hours red+20 hours orange).