Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did Allods population drop ?

Comments

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

Originally posted by StrixMaxima

Wrong. You do not gain CA with the normal attack. You get it via some attacks, like Powerful Blow or Malicious Strike. Then you use CA to activate the special strikes, such as Ram or Gut Punch. Normal Attack is simply a low dmage attack. No Warrior should ever use it beyond level 3.

There are many skills that increase CA, by the way. If you choose to keep spamming one, it is not the game's fault.

There are skills that pretend to do the job of a normal attack. Those skills got the same time cooldown as your weapon speed and require no rage. So let me consider these skills as normal attack. With that being said, its annoying to spam the number 1 key over nine thousand time. There should be a way to sign 1 of our skill as auto attack once we right click our enemies.

Once you start at lvl 1 as a warrior. You got normal attack and an other skill that do the same job as the normal attack. Dont worry about me, i use the skill instead and i removed the normal attack from my hot key's. Still, i feel like i have to hit a normal attack key over 9000 times per mobs. Its just annoying.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• StrixMaximaStrixMaxima Member UncommonPosts: 865

Originally posted by Realbigdeal

There are skills that pretend to do the job of a normal attack. Those skills got the same time cooldown as your weapon speed and require no rage. So let me consider these skills as normal attack. With that being said, its annoying to spam the number 1 key over nine thousand time. There should be a way to sign 1 of our skill as auto attack once we right click our enemies.

Once you start at lvl 1 as a warrior. You got normal attack and an other skill that do the same job as the normal attack. Dont worry about me, i use the skill instead and i removed the normal attack from my hot key's. Still, i feel like i have to hit a normal attack key over 9000 times per mobs. Its just annoying.

Fair enough, you don't have to like it, But the first skill you get is not as simple as a normal attack, since it deals 150% extra damage to KDed enemies, and can apply a bleeding effect (which leads to othe combat options/combos).

Quite frankly, PC games are button mashing, specially those more oriented to action/PVP. In this aspect, I think the approach of having full control of which blows you would like to apply is a good one. But, YMMV.

• slntnsntyslntnsnty Member UncommonPosts: 67

My major contention with the game is the endless wall of quests advancement style... Boring.

The game mechanics, character models, world and pvp concepts all seemed very interesting to me, but I am not about to grind 1500 quests again. 

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

its a nice game but good luck doing massive pvp in it if you have a low $comp

aika is a nice compromise ,if you come upclose the graphic are precise and sharp move away and they become as precise as silkroad when it lunched in 800x 600 (grin)but this move make the game fluid and doesnt hurt the look at all!

i think this way of doing with some tweaking is probably the futur.

allod is very good looking ,i think its the best or very close to in term of polished cartoon style mo!

but as we see on xfire look isnt enough ,some game looking a bit less polished do better

title like rune of magic!

so in the end what will decide the fate of the f2p gamer going to one game instead of another

probably only one 3 things

1:massive pvp/pve

2:no-ipblock

3:global game

these are mandatory these days! if  a game want to make it big!if not they ll stay small and gamer will rarelly play till the game officially lunch

SAAAD!!BUT!TRUUUEEEE!

• mmozeemmozee Member Posts: 6

Clear and simple:

0. They announce NO WIPE anymore at the launch of open beta.

1. Start of open beta: So many people playing you could not even target a single mob

2. Day one. Pre open beta Guild have hacked the game so that they can reach end level super duper fast. People complain about it but get ignored.

3. Week one. The hackes all have end level and are hacking pvp status, stat status, damage multipliers the works. People don't stand a change. People complain about it but get ignored.

4. Hackers are farming gold, speedhacking quests, the first dupes are found. People complain about it but get ignored.

5. Week two. The hackers are getting bored and start selling gold. Gold spam is everywhere. Almost impossible to talk. People rage quit. Gpotato reacts with developing a spam filter over the next weeks, one that did officially work against spam for 1 day.

6. First month. Cash shop prices announced + fod perfumes. People complain about it and rage quit. Gpotato reacts by lowering the prices a few weeks later. Not refunding anything or whatever. Yeah or Whatever.

7. A russian guild leaks usable exploits to end game hackers in the old NA/EU versions. This exploit allow the end game hackers to megasuperfarm the best gear ingame (at this time). People don't stand a change. People rage quit. After weeks gpotato reacts by making one exploit, resetting instance, a two day bannable offence. Who is laughing?

8. The game community base is now a group of end level exploiters hackers who exploit / hack all day in instances. The endgame lands are empty. The mndgame lands are empty. The starts zones have some people around. Many of them hacker alts afk to farm instances.

9. Second month-Today: Dupe programs are being sold. They patch the exploits when someone 'good' reports the way it is done. Some dupes only last for a few days, some did for a few weeks.

10. Idividual hackers / exploiters seem to be special to gpotato Gms. After many reports against them they keep doing their thing. People complain about it but get ignored.

11. Game is a ghost town. You can basically go trough entire zone and not see anyone. Guild of 70 players have 3 active ones....the rest is afk exploiting.

12. THEY ANNOUNCE THAT ALL OF THE ABOVE IS FIXED IN THE NEW PATCH. THEY WILL LAUNCH IT SOON. BUT THEY WON"'T WIPE THE SERVER OF THIS (*&*&^*^(%(&*%^BULLCRAP. People don't stand a change. People complain about it but get ignored.

Conclusion: Cheaters and exploiters game. Gms are full of crap. They only take your money. (paid my fair deal in ignorance) They don't wipe exploiters they don't wipe the hacked BETA GAME, they punish you for exposing them. Stay far away from it. In fact as far as possible.

So much potential and such a good game. How did they manage to kill it before it was even released ?

ya that one issue thats need a change!check most game they try to go with solution like xtrap or gameguard

when in fact they should be encrypting their file very easy to do now a days!

and would be ton safer without the slowdown gameguard and all bring to the table!

its coming already lot of site are encryption protected not supper duper site nono regular site that didnt want assle so they use

a small software avail for firefox and men it does wonder!

its the futur they could change it when ever they feel treatned nobody would mind at least less then xtrap like solution!

I hope so drbaltazar, I really do. There is no fun for real players anymore, after their day time job, in the swamp pit they call online games these days.

Every low life company can release crap these days, god it shows.

Big companies hire low life companies to devlop their games cheap abroad, god it shows.

Lowlife cheaters-exploiters are hired by companies to have cheap moderators/gms, god it shows!

And the lowlife cheaters/exploiters who sit at home all day keeping their hand up while farming/selling gold ('pro gamers'); they should become extinct as fast as possible. See right above!

Change!! NOW!!! (Idiot fakers image)

Originally posted by mmozee

I hope so drbaltazar, I really do.

There is no fun for real players anymore, after their day time job, in the swamp pit they call online games these days.

Every low life company can release crap these days, god it shows.

Big companies hire low life companies to devlop their games cheap abroad, god it shows.

Change!! NOW!!!

i dont mind simple !often simple is close to what works best!check aika!very simple but men great idea

if it didnt announced they were going to ipblock in the futur .pvp channel would still be full!

Yes, so true, it is less complicated than their make beliefs.  Simple works! But they have to be willing! They aren't! Corrupt and intermingling interests, what a bunch of (*(&)&%('s these days. Change!!!!!!

• KareshKaresh Member UncommonPosts: 242

Dang, some people really aren't too smart. This game isn't going to fail, it's running fine and there are plenty of people playing. In my time lvling to max lvl I've had maybe 2 experiences with hackers. Not that big of a deal. There's also nothing wrong with the gm's. The gm's aren't doing "nothing", they're doing their job. Since this game wasn't a gpotato game, they don't control it all. I couldn't give all the details of what they do, but they pretty much gather a ton of player feedback and give it to the actual makers of the game. It seems to me that people are raging over small problems, and quiting on a game that there's nothing wrong with. But hey, I'd rather you people quite, I don't like hearing people complain over the smallest problems while in game. As if just complaining constantly would fix things.

• huntardhuntard Member Posts: 133

Originally posted by Lobotomist

Clear and simple:

1. Start of open beta:  So many people playing you could not even target a single mob

2. Cash shop prices announced + fod perfumes

3. Today: Game is a ghost town. You can basically go trough entire zone and not see anyone. Guild of 70 players have 3 active ones....

So much potential and such a good game.

How did they manage to kill it before it was even released ?

Simple answer, Level based grind fest! Gets old real quick.

• novasmagicnovasmagic Member Posts: 26

Dude are you playing in the twilight zone?  Seriously?  I have been playing allods for several days on both US servers and they are packed at any given time. 

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136

Originally posted by novasmagic

Dude are you playing in the twilight zone?  Seriously?  I have been playing allods for several days on both US servers and they are packed at any given time. 

Sadly lots of people does not mean good game.

• arnaki3000arnaki3000 Member UncommonPosts: 66

I see a lot of people in-game and there are times i have to wait for respawns... I'm playing on EU server ZAK

• semajinsemajin Member UncommonPosts: 47

Been playing for a few days now, at around level 15. I have yet to see a hacker, or run through a zone without several other people questing/killing there. I have to ask myself, just how full of crap are you people? This game is no worse than any other theme park mmo that has been released in the past 10 years, and literally feature for feature can be found in just about every other theme park mmo that is played today. Nothing special, nothing terrible. But if you have nothing better to do with your time than create and troll threads bashing an average game... well, sorry your life turned out that way.

Doc

• HathiHathi Member Posts: 236

Battle of Immortals clsoed beta launched and a lot of peeps are playing that

Finally - Best site for Chuck Norris
    http://www.chucknorrisfacts.com/

Well, the part about chuck norris jokes is true, but yeah, plenty of groups to be found and tons of people running around.

Originally posted by Rokurgepta

Originally posted by novasmagic

Sadly lots of people does not mean good game.

And a good game is a matter of personal preference.

• TyrrhonTyrrhon Member Posts: 412

The game had the same number of servers in CBT as it has in OBT, the starter zones are the same population, the high level zones are calm. Large part of playerbase are russian free players trying to escape russian version that became pay to win with subscription.

It is a stable game. So both camps are right. It just reched its peak. With two servers.

• ArtaiosArtaios Member UncommonPosts: 550

playing Allods is like playing an Alpha version of WoW...

• AlysenMinaseAlysenMinase Member Posts: 361

I know when I starter today, on the good side (forgot what it was called), I had a hard time claiming the Adders and Deer for the first quests after the tutorial.

Playing - EVE, Wurm

Retired - Final Fantasy XI, Anarchy Online, Mabinogi

Waiting - ArcheAge, Salem

• Song7Song7 Member Posts: 19

I've no idea what the op is talking about.  I had groups on and off all day today and was in competition for quest mobs consistently.

Most likely people rerolled finding out the endgame with the first character wasn't what they wanted.  Happens to me on nearly every rpg I've ever played not to mention the mmorpg's.

• LianaLiana Member Posts: 15

I have no idea about the English servers, but on the Russian side still A LOT of people playing, zones are sometimes feel too much crowded (the lvl 1 - 30 ones). During the morning and noon not many people around, since most of them are at work/school. Starting since 5pm servers are pretty much full till late in the night. So, no, can't say the population has dropped, if more it has grown, that is on the Russian servers. Hope this helped clear out some things. :)

• HydrobluntHydroblunt Member Posts: 282

Originally posted by Liana

I have no idea about the English servers, but on the Russian side still A LOT of people playing, zones are sometimes feel too much crowded (the lvl 1 - 30 ones). During the morning and noon not many people around, since most of them are at work/school. Starting since 5pm servers are pretty much full till late in the night. So, no, can't say the population has dropped, if more it has grown, that is on the Russian servers. Hope this helped clear out some things. :)

Is that due to the last patch becuase after version 7 patch, the russian servers almost emptied out and the russian players were on the US & EU servers.

I have noticed less russian players on my server so maybe the RU ones are finally doing OK again.

Playing: EvE, Warhammer free unlimited trial, Allods Online
    Played: Anarchy Online, WoW, Warhammer, AoC, Ryzom. Aion
    Strongly Recommend: Ryzom, EvE, Allods Online

• LianaLiana Member Posts: 15

Originally posted by Hydroblunt

Originally posted by Liana

Is that due to the last patch becuase after version 7 patch, the russian servers almost emptied out and the russian players were on the US & EU servers.

I have noticed less russian players on my server so maybe the RU ones are finally doing OK again.

Well, probably. I took a break from the game in the past few months and from what I've heard a lot players left. I think it's due to the latest patches (namely; Fear of Death removal, prices lowered - and the fact that you can get maybe 85% of the content in the game for free and the rest is more luxury items, like more bag space, cool outfits etc...) that people actually were starting coming back. For me, the game is much more enjoyable now that it were a few months ago. Paladins ftw. ^_^