Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tight-Knit Community

AmaraoAmarao Member UncommonPosts: 650

Hi all! I'm looking for an mmo that has a tight-knit community (obviously).

Problem is, I feel I've grown jaded of most to all mmo's on the market today, so I'm hoping someone will show me a hidden gem.

My favorite mmo's in the past have been Shadowbane, Matrix Online, and Lineage 2. So as you can see, all the mmo's I loved have been destroyed D:

If anyone knows of a game that has a mature, tight knit community, I'd sincerely appreciate it. Thanks all~

Comments

• uohaloranuohaloran Member Posts: 811

I felt that Ryzom had a very tightly knit community when I played. So did Vanguard.

It's relatively easy to not actually find anyone in the community in Vanguard since it's such a large world with a small population, but if you can find a guild you'll surely be set in the right tracks.

• NeVeRLiFtNeVeRLiFt Member UncommonPosts: 380

EQ2 and LotRO both have great communities.

Played: MCO - EQ/EQ2 - WoW - VG - WAR - AoC - LoTRO - DDO - GW/GW2 - Eve - Rift - FE - TSW - TSO - WS - ESO - AA - BD
    Playing: Sims 3 & 4, Diablo3 and PoE
    Waiting on: Lost Ark
    Who's going to make a Cyberpunk MMO?

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

dont know about the tight knited but the mature part you ll get ton in eq2 make sure to find a guild BEFORE you play make thing go smoother then if you start with server!

i dont suggest wow !its mostly very immature!

• AmaraoAmarao Member UncommonPosts: 650

Originally posted by uohaloran

I felt that Ryzom had a very tightly knit community when I played. So did Vanguard.

It's relatively easy to not actually find anyone in the community in Vanguard since it's such a large world with a small population, but if you can find a guild you'll surely be set in the right tracks.

Haven't tried Ryzom, I'll look into it.

Btw, The Mars Volta is my favorite band, my aim sn in francesinbedlam xD

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Ryzom or Wurm.

Ryzom if you like traditional MMOs, Wurm if you're a bit hardcore. Both have great communites and awesome crafting.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• soap46soap46 Member Posts: 169

Yeah Ryzom is the way to go.  I played the trial a while back and the people were great.