Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infinity VS Eve-Online: The differences

124»

Comments

• ShohadakuShohadaku Member Posts: 581
    Originally posted by Balsacharias

I played EVE-Online for about six months, and what a big waste of time that was. Anyway, the thing that I find lacking in almost every SpaceMMO, is that you only have a ship to use. Why can't we get off our ships once and a while and do an Away mission, some planet/ground based exploration, even combat. It seems a waste of time for you to create your Toon, only to have it sit in the ship all the time. Demand that your toon can leave the ship and get some exercise once and a while. It will give you more options, and make the game better.
    Infinity developers, if you are reading this, then please take this into consideration. Thank you.

Well...SWG offers this, and it still is fun on the populated servers. Unfortunatly SOE has always continued to shoot themselves in the foot. Still there is no other MMO that offers the space and ground game with so many options. If only the Devs would wake up and stop adding WoW elements.

• ProletarianProletarian Member Posts: 77
    Originally posted by Shohadaku

I played EVE-Online for about six months, and what a big waste of time that was. Anyway, the thing that I find lacking in almost every SpaceMMO, is that you only have a ship to use. Why can't we get off our ships once and a while and do an Away mission, some planet/ground based exploration, even combat. It seems a waste of time for you to create your Toon, only to have it sit in the ship all the time. Demand that your toon can leave the ship and get some exercise once and a while. It will give you more options, and make the game better.
    Infinity developers, if you are reading this, then please take this into consideration. Thank you.

Well...SWG offers this, and it still is fun on the populated servers. Unfortunatly SOE has always continued to shoot themselves in the foot. Still there is no other MMO that offers the space and ground game with so many options. If only the Devs would wake up and stop adding WoW elements.

Don't get me started on SWG's space gameplay. Its a joke.

• BoboidBoboid Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by Shohadaku

With any luck Star Wars: The Old Republic will have all this and more. A long way off as of yet, but definitely something to keep an eye on.

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

What about graphics? Are they already outdated or should I expect some very impressive graphics of a quality relative to Aion, AoC, LOTRO, and DX10 single-player RPGs/FPS/etc? Wait, does it even have DX10?

This is my only doubt, I do like the given concepts and they do make me curious in playing it.

• SuraknarSuraknar Member UncommonPosts: 852

I just got whim of this one.

Looks really interesting to say the least.

Of course it is a Sandbox and I am curious to see how they will implements Characters, without Skills and levels etc, are they aiming for Player Skill and knowledge, that would really be nice if properly implemented, not unlike Second life where characters do not have skills or levels either but their players can use own creativity and apply these characters to a multitude of Adventures.

Will be watching this one.

- Duke Suraknar -
    Order of the Silver Star, OSS

ESKA, Playing MMORPG's since Ultima Online 1997 - Order of the Silver Serpent, Atlantic Shard
  • huntardhuntard Member Posts: 133
    Originally posted by b0rderline99

i like everything about this game, except, that you dont have an avatar
    what is the fun of having billions of living and breathing planets if you cant get out of your ship and go explor them..

I have to agree here, although planetary interaction sounds great on paper, without being able to set foot and explore, it can be abit pointless. There is a reason why Eve hasnt pushed forward with their planetary flight (even though they showed a working model a few years ago!) they need to have purpose and have meaning in order to be fun. On the other hand im almost sure once Incarna ever comes out CCP will most likely add the ability to set foot on planets at some point.

• DevilXaphanDevilXaphan Member UncommonPosts: 1,144
    Originally posted by huntard

Originally posted by b0rderline99

i like everything about this game, except, that you dont have an avatar
    what is the fun of having billions of living and breathing planets if you cant get out of your ship and go explor them..

I have to agree here, although planetary interaction sounds great on paper, without being able to set foot and explore, it can be abit pointless. There is a reason why Eve hasnt pushed forward with their planetary flight (even though they showed a working model a few years ago!) they need to have purpose and have meaning in order to be fun. On the other hand im almost sure once Incarna ever comes out CCP will most likely add the ability to set foot on planets at some point.

Yes it's called dust 514, but it's only for the console so far. Planet building will be something similar to Alpha Centuri or Sim City.

• SuraknarSuraknar Member UncommonPosts: 852

Avatars could come down the line , I would think it would be a big investment prior to that to actually devellop avatars and all the systems to support their playability.

- Duke Suraknar -
    Order of the Silver Star, OSS

ESKA, Playing MMORPG's since Ultima Online 1997 - Order of the Silver Serpent, Atlantic Shard
  • YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Originally posted by r0guy

From the Lead developper,
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

12. Dynamic storyline. What i mean with "dynamic" is this: in most MMOs, you have a storyline ( sometimes very complex like in Eve ) written by the developers, and missions / quests related to it. However, none of those quests affect or make the storyline progress. Infinity's storyline will be, by many aspects, closer to the one of a single-player game, with some specific player actions "triggering" a progress of the storyline.

So I play an MMORPG to play a single player storyline?

Awesome, then why play it as an MMORPG then?

Fail!

• NyastNyast Member Posts: 84
    Originally posted by Yamota

Originally posted by r0guy

From the Lead developper,
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

12. Dynamic storyline. What i mean with "dynamic" is this: in most MMOs, you have a storyline ( sometimes very complex like in Eve ) written by the developers, and missions / quests related to it. However, none of those quests affect or make the storyline progress. Infinity's storyline will be, by many aspects, closer to the one of a single-player game, with some specific player actions "triggering" a progress of the storyline.

So I play an MMORPG to play a single player storyline?

Awesome, then why play it as an MMORPG then?

Fail!

The storyline is only an aspect of the game; nobody forces you to follow it if you're not interested in it. Or is your point that a MMO without a story is better ?

In addition, the storyline is multiplayer. That's the difference with a single player game. Players can compete or collaborate to achieve the goals.

Let me give you an example: imagine that there are tensions between two planets A and B. Depending on what players do in-game, for example pirating NPC ships trading between A and B, they could trigger a war between those two planets, in which players could in turn participate. This means that the game world evolves depending on player's actions. 

• ClaudeFRClaudeFR Member Posts: 376

Hi,

does this game support sandbox-style and social interacting?

1. Housing (or kind of)
    2. Avatars ? Or just a ship ?
    3. Crafting ?

Sorry, if these informations have been post already, didn't find any tho.

Claude

• rymanryman Member Posts: 227

Why go for so many promises especially in a 'Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game'? Why don't you just create this game as a single player and develop it right without the need to balance for thousands of players? Why give yourself such a burden.. when you obviously don't have any experience with completing a space simulation of this magnitude? By the sounds of it, it seems you are trying to go the depth of X3 without any idea how to create it without the online aspects.

Ever thought why EVE Online was a board game before it was MMORPG?

Don't try to innovate when its going to be very difficult to do so in the first place. Take steps...

Just my opinion.. sorry, but you are most likely vaporware.

• TheDorTheDor Member UncommonPosts: 84

Originally posted by ryman

Why go for so many promises especially in a 'Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game'? Why don't you just create this game as a single player and develop it right without the need to balance for thousands of players? Why give yourself such a burden.. when you obviously don't have any experience with completing a space simulation of this magnitude? By the sounds of it, it seems you are trying to go the depth of X3 without any idea how to create it without the online aspects.

Ever thought why EVE Online was a board game before it was MMORPG?

Don't try to innovate when its going to be very difficult to do so in the first place. Take steps...

Just my opinion.. sorry, but you are most likely vaporware.

Nominated for most ill-conceived post on this forum.

First, Flavian has plenty of experience, looking at his recent work, you would know this.

Second, EVE Online board game was released 8 years after the MMORPG came out.

Third, your face is vaporware.