Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

captains database

dikkydikky Member CommonPosts: 261

if one was to go into the captains database and look at 1000 or maybe 2000+ random characters, and see their last activity that should give a reasonable picture of how the game is doing.

There is no doubt that there are parked alts of currently subscribed players who haven't had anything logged in a while, but if say over 90% of the characters had no activity in over 15 days, it would easily validate the xfire and steam #s while destroying any margins of error claims

i might write a script to do this but I would need a way to make it ignore obvious gold sellers names

Comments

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Originally posted by commando991

I kick my self in the ass now for buying the game.

it was a waste of money :(....

Its not like the warnings wernt there!

This very site did a 3 part article on it, and the past 5 AAA Title MMO's to release have all sufferd the very same problem,   Extreme pressure is applied to release the game early to generate revenue.  This very act has crippled all MMO releases.

I sincerly hope that consumers learn to see past the hype and just wait!..

Maybe then MMO creators will come to realize that customers arnt stupid and are disillusioned with hype.

• sibs4455sibs4455 Member UncommonPosts: 369

My fed+klingon admiral/brigadeer are showing on the database but i canceled my sub a long time ago.

• bstiffbstiff Member Posts: 359

Originally posted by sibs4455

My fed+klingon admiral/brigadeer are showing on the database but i canceled my sub a long time ago.

Do you still have trial time left? Claims on the main forums are that only account that are active are showing up there. I kind of doubt that since I saw several that haven't had any activity since mid feb.

• MeTedMeTed Member Posts: 129

Originally posted by bstiff

Do you still have trial time left? Claims on the main forums are that only account that are active are showing up there. I kind of doubt that since I saw several that haven't had any activity since mid feb.

My sub has been cancelled for 2 days now and still showing in the captain's database. Could be it just hasn't updated but will check back later.

• Darth_OsorDarth_Osor Member Posts: 1,089

Originally posted by bstiff

I cancelled at the end of Feb, I have zero playtime available, and all three of my toons are in the DB.  One of them shows up three times and one shows up twice lol.  Just more delusional CDF members grasping at straws there.