Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NCsoft has no clue what they are doing

ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

So I haven't logged into Guild Wars in about 3 weeks and I haven't played AIon in over a month. Well today it seems I have received an email from NCsoft accusing me of payment fraud ? I been a loyal player and supporter of NCsoft and ArenaNet for 4.5 years. How can I do payment fraud when my Aion account has been cancelled for a month and Guild Wars has no monthly fee ? NCsoft you have no clue as to what you are doing and if I do not get my NCsoft account back  in good working order like it was before I will never buy a NCsoft made or published  game evert and I will make sure that every gaming site I am a part of hears about your stupidity.

Comments

• KokomoblKokomobl Member UncommonPosts: 153

I am having the exact same problem with guildwars.

Being accusses of payment fraud even though they have took the money out for the thing this all revolves around.

I've been e-mailing them for almost two weeks now, they do take there half-ass time to reply to me.

I dont see myself ever getting this account unbanned even though I have Bankstatements that show NCSoft Europe has taken the money out.

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156

Make sure first that it's not a scam e-mail.

REALITY CHECK

• KokomoblKokomobl Member UncommonPosts: 153

I know it's not a scam as when I log into guildwars

"This account has been banned - Payment Fraud"

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Same not a  scam, I can't log into Guild Wars because it says permanently bannded - payment fraud. LoL what a joke and I am currently on the phone in a queue waiting for a rep.

• biogermbiogerm Member UncommonPosts: 168

Originally posted by SaintViktor

So I haven't logged into Guild Wars in about 3 weeks and I haven't played AIon in over a month. Well today it seems I have received an email from NCsoft accusing me of payment fraud ? I been a loyal player and supporter of NCsoft and ArenaNet for 4.5 years. How can I do payment fraud when my Aion account has been cancelled for a month and Guild Wars has no monthly fee ? NCsoft you have no clue as to what you are doing and if I do not get my NCsoft account back  in good working order like it was before I will never buy a NCsoft made or published  game evert and I will make sure that every gaming site I am a part of hears about your stupidity.

a. http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/getting-spooky-email-from-ncsofti-t10422006.html

http://uk.support.ncsoft.com/cgi-bin/nceurope_eng.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=7501&p_created=1255106620&p_sid=wpy-LjZj&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9Mzg5LDM4OSZwX3Byb2RzPTAmcF9jYXRzPTAmcF9wdj0mcF9jdj0mcF9wYWdlPTMmcF9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD1hY2NvdW50IGZyYXVk&p_li=&p_topview=1

make sure its real from ncsoft.

b. your account might get hacked on gw or aion since you havent played then for a while if i understad right, so it might be some one used your account to sell/buy gold or something in those lines.

or they just might be mistaken...

nvm... ^ ^

I 3930k -- Rampage IV Extreme -- G.skill RipjawsZ 32 GB -- Corsair Force Series 3 120gb -- G.skill Phoenix Pro 60gb -- WD 1 TB Black -- Corsair H 100 -- Thermaltake Level 10 Gt Snow Edition -- Corsair AX1200 -- Asus 560 Ti Sli -- Microsoft Sidewinder X4 -- Logitech G5 -- DELL UltraSharp 2007FP -- Samsung Syncmaster Sa700 -- Logitech Z2300 -- Logitech G35 -- Logitech G600 White -- coming soon : Dell U2711.

• bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679

Didn't NCSoft's account database get compromised? I'd assume if you haven't logged in recently perhaps your account was one of those that got hacked and used for illegal purposes.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Obviously you have contacted NCSoft and I wonder what their response was?

Nvm just saw you made the topic even before you actually contacted those responsible. Wonder why people complain first then to try and solve the issue first, must be today's generation image, sorry for those of this generation that do the right things but I had to say this.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

i think its a scam or an error i get the same thing from ncsoft europe for some weird reason

might an account i tried to login one time if american didnt work !beats me since they arent very specific

one thing is sure my account is secure !the question?is it secure from ncsoft it self?

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

It was a phishing email asking me to verify my account.. So I just got off the phone with them and they fixed the problem but they still have not a clue. My original  Guild Wars account has been solid for over 4.5 years and ever since I signed up for Aion to give it a try I all of a sudden get issues. I'll no longer support Aion and any other game NCsoft has except Guild Wars. Which is fine by me.

• biogermbiogerm Member UncommonPosts: 168

Originally posted by SaintViktor

It was a phishing email asking me to verify my account.. So I just got off the phone with them and they fixed the problem but they still have not a clue. My original  Guild Wars account has been solid for over 4.5 years and ever since I signed up for Aion to give it a try I all of a sudden get issues. I'll no longer support Aion and any other game NCsoft has except Guild Wars. Which is fine by me.

yeah i feel the same way, after they took TR down nad aion being as it is. i wish a.net wasnt a part of nc what so ever but still, gw is the only nc game il play.

I 3930k -- Rampage IV Extreme -- G.skill RipjawsZ 32 GB -- Corsair Force Series 3 120gb -- G.skill Phoenix Pro 60gb -- WD 1 TB Black -- Corsair H 100 -- Thermaltake Level 10 Gt Snow Edition -- Corsair AX1200 -- Asus 560 Ti Sli -- Microsoft Sidewinder X4 -- Logitech G5 -- DELL UltraSharp 2007FP -- Samsung Syncmaster Sa700 -- Logitech Z2300 -- Logitech G35 -- Logitech G600 White -- coming soon : Dell U2711.