Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mortal for a week

mklinicmklinic Member RarePosts: 1,981

Thought this might be of interest to some so I'm posting here. I recently decided to try this game out based on what I've read here and previous interest in the game. As a result, I figured I would try to (at least loosely) document things as I go. 

Here is what I've got so far:

As a disclaimer, I don't really specialize in long posts so hopefully it is readable without rambling and provides some useful information. Also, the posts are not intended to fall specifically on the "hater" or "fanboy" side of things. That said, it is my opinion that, if I am going to write about something, it is more useful to err on the side of being a bit critical. If I am completely missing something in my posts then feel free to let me know. I know about this game without knowing many of the details of the game (other then basic features and such) so it is quite reasonable that I could just be overlooking obvious things.

I'll update the above list as I add more entries (assuming there is any interest of course).

-mklinic

"Do something right, no one remembers.
Do something wrong, no one forgets"
-from No One Remembers by In Strict Confidence

Comments

• dax01dax01 Member Posts: 5

In early march, as I was expected the game to be release by the end of that month I bought it. Not knowing per say where the game were in therm of devlopments and I was expecting more or less very polish, a almost ready game. Oh boy, I was so mistaken. What draw me to MO was the "old UO vet open pvp world" kinda feeling and the character 'leveling' thing.

Neithless to say, I hit the wall after installing and patching the game in beta in mid-march. HORRIBLE landscape with good graphics. Empty country side with horrible animation for wild life when you find one. Completely empty ressources including ingame information about almost every aspect of the game. Like in character creation in some window concerning class description or races it's :" Description to come shortly " . Lol, and they were expecting to release it by Q1 ..It's feel more like 2011 with a core engine of 2005.

I paid 30something bucks for this, yet to have my refund but I might not ask for it since I will try it, a second and finale chance AFTER release.

But let me tell you that MO is imo already DOOM! That said, if they fix bugs, boost texture specially for the ground effect, add wildlife etc the principle of this game is huge!

• mklinicmklinic Member RarePosts: 1,981

Originally posted by dax01

Like in character creation in some window concerning class description or races it's :" Description to come shortly " . 

That was something I noticed during character creation (noted in the second blog post) and a bit surprising. I'll be honest, I had expected a bit more "completeness" (for lack of a better word), but on the other hand, it would be pretty easy to fill that in if they were so inclined so I don't consider it a huge deal. It certainly isn't a confidence builder though. Personally, I would just like to have a better understanding, via information provided during the character creation process, as to why I am picking one race over another.

-mklinic

"Do something right, no one remembers.
    Do something wrong, no one forgets"
    -from No One Remembers by In Strict Confidence