Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Personal Review: 3/10

EliteGamerXEliteGamerX Member Posts: 4

IMO, don't flame me.

Not comparing it with any other games. Straight to the points.

1. Character class is gender and race fixed, you can only change the face and hair + color.

2. The game's interface isn't user friendly.

3. Seriously bad graphics even at maxed settings.

4. Action style game play, but skilling and normal attacking is retarded in 2 ways, you must face the enemy to perform normal attack or character will stop hitting. Skills cooldown and mp cost is way too high for low hp/mp regen rate and long down time. The only way to speed things up is to pay $.

5. The map's interface made me feel throwing up, its the most ugliest i've ever seen.

6. Obviously a "P2W" aka "Pay to Win" game, yet cash shop items are over priced, 500points = $5, pretty much stuff cost more than 3000.

My total play time, 30mins, threw up and uninstall.

I hope you people wouldn't anticipate much from this game cause i did, and for that i'm posting this.

I'd suggest don't try this game if you're moving to a new game, this is not that kind of game to stay long.

Comments

• Musket-SquidMusket-Squid Member UncommonPosts: 386

Didn't care for the game either , but the part where you have to face them to hit or you stop swinging is just dumb. I don't know how many people can hit a punching bag if you aren't  faceing it so you are wrong on thinking that part is a flaw lol. I guess you want to be able to swing at stuff behind you as you run away?

How many delicate flowers have you met in Counterstrike?

I got a case of beer and a chainsaw waiting for me at home after work.

• EliteGamerXEliteGamerX Member Posts: 4

its more like a semi-action style of game play, i believe they made it that way to have a bit more sense of realism? well, you need to try it then you'll know how retarded it is. You need to manually turn your character and face the enemy and hit any hotkeys or double clicking it to start attacking again.

• Musket-SquidMusket-Squid Member UncommonPosts: 386

So you want the game to play for you then? And I have tried it.

How many delicate flowers have you met in Counterstrike?

I got a case of beer and a chainsaw waiting for me at home after work.

• jalokojaloko Member Posts: 41

Im sorry but you cant play the game for 30 mins then give a review. The mmorpg game Reviewers play the game for about 3 days or more before giving a review.  no matter how crappy the game is so i cant trust  YO because its not enough info. you havent said why the GFX are bad or why the map was bad. Not enough info dude. nice try though imma try it out and see for myself. but in the future try to play longer and at least get past 20 or so before you say its "Bad"

No flame to clear this up im not yelling...some people think im yelling for some reason or being sarcastic lol. I mean how can people tell that over text eah? XD

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

op !i agree wityh jaloko!but ill give big HUGE AMOUNT OF POINT FOR ONE SUBJECT!

GRAPHIC!ITHE GRAPHIC LOOKS WORKED ON !BUT MEN EITHER THE DUDE WAS DALTONIAN OR HE DIDNT LEARN HIS COLOR

and the fact either bloom or such techno cant be deactivated braught this game to unplayable status for me

i agre (probably for diff reason)made me want to trow up after 30 minute and gave me a huge headacke

so with these circumstance i dont have the choice to say like op!this game is unfit for duty!

but i agree with jaloko ,if the game was playable ,you WOULD NEED to reach half way point in the game to judge it properlly otherwise most will ignore your rev iew or personal feeling about xyz game!

• marcustmarcust Member UncommonPosts: 495

I'm not a big fan of themepark, autotarget MMO's but I'm actually liking this one so far.

Reminds me of the early days of Lineage2.

Crafting seems interesting and the material harvesting seems fast enough.

So far (highest toon at level 11 and 3 other toons at level 6) I'd give it 7/10. 

If the open pvp and random dungeons are any good this could be an 8 or 9.

Playing: Darkfall New Dawn (and planning to play Fallout 76)
    Favourite games have included: UO, Lineage2, Darkfall, Lotro, Baldur's Gate, SSX, FF7 and yes the original Wizardry on an Apple IIe

• arnaki3000arnaki3000 Member UncommonPosts: 66

Originally posted by EliteGamerX

IMO, don't flame me.

Not comparing it with any other games. Straight to the points.

1. Character class is gender and race fixed, you can only change the face and hair + color.

2. The game's interface isn't user friendly.

3. Seriously bad graphics even at maxed settings.

4. Action style game play, but skilling and normal attacking is retarded in 2 ways, you must face the enemy to perform normal attack or character will stop hitting. Skills cooldown and mp cost is way too high for low hp/mp regen rate and long down time. The only way to speed things up is to pay $.

5. The map's interface made me feel throwing up, its the most ugliest i've ever seen.

6. Obviously a "P2W" aka "Pay to Win" game, yet cash shop items are over priced, 500points = $5, pretty much stuff cost more than 3000.

My total play time, 30mins, threw up and uninstall.

I hope you people wouldn't anticipate much from this game cause i did, and for that i'm posting this.

I'd suggest don't try this game if you're moving to a new game, this is not that kind of game to stay long.

/agree plus:

7. Click to move

8. Client crashed 2 times while messing with the options and overall poor client performance

9.feels like cheap aion clone

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

I started playing it because I thought it would be like lineage 2. Oh boy was I wrong. This game controls and feels like a peice of shit. Point and click if used should work properly, not bug out and make movement all choppy. The combat felt cheap and didn't work right half the time. Poor game.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

k today i was rested i gave another go since i saw my toon with very lush graphic but for some reason or lack of patience couldnt foind what was wrong this week-end!it has been found

FILTER!for the average joe this function needs to be off !you ll see your graphic quality go up a lot (it did for me)

still dont know if its a good game but now that i able to view it nice i ll be able to check it seriously

had some lag today for some reason!

the light is still low(yes even maxed)but i can correct that on my monitor if it becomes an issue!

so if you had the same issue as me !just unclic the filter function and you should see way better look!

have fun taking this game for test!(at least till mid level)

• unholyfreakunholyfreak Member Posts: 26

Originally posted by jaloko

Im sorry but you cant play the game for 30 mins then give a review. The mmorpg game Reviewers play the game for about 3 days or more before giving a review.  no matter how crappy the game is so i cant trust  YO because its not enough info. you havent said why the GFX are bad or why the map was bad. Not enough info dude. nice try though imma try it out and see for myself. but in the future try to play longer and at least get past 20 or so before you say its "Bad"

No flame to clear this up im not yelling...some people think im yelling for some reason or being sarcastic lol. I mean how can people tell that over text eah? XD

MMOs don't work that way, if you can't even stand playing for more than an hour the game is obviously bad. Saying something like that is like telling one of your friends to sit through a 2 hour movie because there is a scene with tits.

• bobus1stbobus1st Member Posts: 5

Ok.  I rarely give a review of a game mostly because others have given reviews that state what would have said.  I never review a game unless I have played it to a decent lvl and devoted a good amount of game play to it.  Give it a chance, deal with the failures - maybe it just me mentality. 

Here goes:

interface is a huge problem:

You have both click to move and wasd however, you are limited as to where you can run.  meaning that you run into invisible walls quite frequently.  And in some cases can get around them in you try hard enough.  To solve this problem the makers have created a  /esc command to be used in the conversation window so that if you get "stuck" in the game and can't get out.. This will teleport you to the nearest town in one minute.   This is a huge bug fix--because they were too lazy to create the map correctly.   Major disappointment.

Continuing interface problems: if you move your view away from the mob you are attacking you will stop attacking.  This happens whether or not you use the mouse move view or you wasd.  however if you wasd it reacts quicker and you stop attacking immediately.  If you are looking for a place to run because you are being overwhelm by mobs... well too bad... now you aren't attacking and you dying while looking.  Another major error in game creation.

Character class failures:

Besides the obvious race gender fixed roles...  Only female humans are allowed to be paladins... WHAT?!!!  When I think of a Paladin I see a man dressed in white armour - you know Lancelot !!  I've played enough MMORPG to know that Orcs or grunt races like I like to call em.. make the best tankers.   A good paladin / holy warrior / knight is a tank!  The blader in this game is slow... high damage... but slow.... medium armour... SLOW...  dies too quickly.   Once you get it to a Spearman it a good PVPer but not a good solo / party character.   The Holy Knight is a good tank but his damg is soooo low that you take too much damage before you kill solo.

The makers were smart enough to create monsters who know that your vunerability is in the rear and when multiple mobs attack you get the second mob at your rear doing the most damage.  Smart... But they failed in making a stealth mode for the assassin to do the same and do large amount of damage on the first attack.   So why make an sin class that has no stealth?  The rogue class is fast and overpowerful...  short of the spearman in PVP he's the next... as long as you don't get grouped in mobs and a archer takes you out.   Remember that once you look away from your mob you stop attacking... so you go looking for the archer who is behind you and the mob in front of you kills you!!   Cause you turned you back to it!

The skills are limited and can only advance upon lvl completion.  And the max for any lvl is 5.  So my basic magic assist attack doesn't reach lvl 5 until I'm lvl 20+ and it does such little damage mobs at the that lvl it worthless.  But it's the only skill I got that does anything at all because the good ones that I can get don't lvl 5 until 30 something.   Lvl 5?  What is that about?  Too lazy to calculate the skill above lvl 5 for any skill?    More laziness from the makers.

Crafting:

Well, you have to fish and mine to get the materials to make some great stuff.  However the stuff you want to make is limited to the towns you are in.  But this rule doesn't always apply.   Take for instance you want to make a potion...  the higher lvl potions at the NPC are at the higher lvl towns.   But if you want to make armour or weapons you can make anything up to lvl 5 in any town.  ???  If you want lvl 6+ you either have to complete quests or hope that a monsters drops what you want.  Which the drop rate decreases as the mobs get more difficult (which is understandable) but the drop rate doesn't decrease on the lower mobs regardless of what lvl you are....  so you want to get a pieces of leather.... don't go after the mobs that drop near your lvl... why waste the time... go after the lvl 4 mobs which you can kill with one hit and the droprate is a higher... Poor programing again.  Drop rate should decrease lower lvls as you advance and upper lvls +5 lvl above you should drop good equipment more often... meaning if your going to suffer and possibly die... you whould be rewarded accordingly.

Certain items are impossible to get without fishing and mining for HOURS!!!   and then you run out of storage space.  I need Fletta Shards... Mining rate: 1 per hour  Fishing rate: 1 per hour.   How many do I need 50.  Yes.. 50...  so I need to let this game run on it's own for fifty hours before I can create a Fletta weapon.   WHY WOULD I WANT A GAME TO RUN AND NOT DO ANYTHING FOR 50 HOURS?   Oh it gets better!  the bags are limit quantity!  NOT weigh but slots.  So if I fish and I have only 12 slots available the game will HALT and not allow me to pick anything else up until I have click the message saying "You have no more room in your inventory"  "OK?"   No it not OK!  Just refuse to pick it up and go on...  Which by the way it also interrupts you when attacking... if you pick something up and have no inventory space the mobs keep attacking you until you click the stupid OK button.   Then you can attack... God help you if there is lag.  (one small note:  You can get mobs to drop Fletta shards but the drop rate is 1 per 24 hours of game play.)

Dungeons:

A complete waste of time!  You can never solo them unless you are 15 lvls or more above the place.   But that's understandable... it's reward for doing it?  Nothing.  Oh you get 300 xp and 2400 coins for the first D quest.  but you get that for doing the normal quest and you don't have to nearly die to do em solo.   If you skip em until you can do em solo then the option to do the quest is passed cause your too high a lvl.  So quests vanish when you reach too high a lvl to do em... according to the makers.    ALL quests should be available ALL the time.  If I want to do a repeating quest until my eyes drop out... I should be able to do it.  Sorry cross over subject.

Quests:

They say for lvls 12-99 but once you get to lvl 14 you don't get to do them they vanish.  See above comment.

Lvl cap!  70.  So you can reach lvl 35 in about 24 hours of game play... and then 50 hours of stagnant game play per armour and weapons.   (Armor, pants, legs, arms, weapon - 200 hours total of doing nothing but watching the game do its thing)

Well there's other things but I think I've said enough...  Summary for those who don't want to read all this:

Poor interface - invisible walls -  loose attacking on turning

Poor character development - limited skills lvls - crappy skills

Quality materials requires 50+ hours of stagnant game play

Slot based inventory - not weigh based.

Dungeons - Poor rewards for too much effort

Limited questing based on lvl.

Wasting time mining for materials and not playing the game.

Basically -  Poor game!  Poor development.

Always a pleasure... If you know me you know what this means.

• scuubeedooscuubeedoo Member Posts: 458

You anticipated a F2P game? Very wrong. These games pop like mushrooms, every day or two.

"Traditionally, massively multiplier online games have been about three basic gameplay pillars – combat, exploration and character progression. In Alganon, in addition to these we've added the fourth pillar to the equation: Copy & Paste."

• ladyfoxxyladyfoxxy Member Posts: 16

I like this game and think it has potential. I have found a good community which makes any mmorpg fun. The game does have quite a few bugs but it is in open beta still. I am level 34 and still enjoying it. I have tried many games out there and this one is not as bad as they say. It is not the best game but certainly not the worse of the many free to play games.