Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What DX10 Video Card?

2»

Comments

• reigada8reigada8 Member Posts: 2

Im running 2 5770 in crossfire atm.  When my GTX stop working right due to memory problems I sent it in and BGF didnt even fixed it they just return the same card so i sent it back again.  I bought one of these to hold me over and was impressed price/proformance.  Liked it enough to buy a 2nd one too run in crossfire and gave my son the GTX 280. I bought newegg

•  1GB GDDR5

•  PCI Express 2.1 x16

• Chipset Manufacturer: ATI

• Core Clock: 875MHz

• Stream Processors: 800 Stream Processing Units

• Effective Memory Clock: 1225MHz (4.9Gbps)

• Model #: AX5770 1GBD5-PPG

• Item #: N82E16814131327

$150 with dirt2 and free shipping but I think its same price free shipping minus the game now  from newegg.  I think you might be happy with it.

• sadboysadboy Member Posts: 66

I used a  Sapphire Technology ATI Radeon 5970 

last time I tried coming back to game. Game still had very low frame rate as it still sucks full of memory holes. Although people will tell you it plays on the most basic of cards at highest res which is of course not true.  Just like WOW it is processor dependant more than graphics card yet I have a powerful processor too so make up your own mind.

• Feather5Feather5 Member Posts: 90

I wouldn't buy a 5770 until they upgrade to a 256 bus, and that might never happen, a 4870 is better than a 5770 (without the dx11 though - but a 5770 cant even max out dx 11 games anyway, so its a useless card really)

Buy a 4870 for next to nothing on ebay, then buy a dx11 card in the future when there actually needed a 5770/5850 will not max out dx 11 games in the next 2 years so wait for a price decrease on these cards or wait for the 5890 - dx10 cards are perfectly priced at the moment to just use until games have advanced.

Ex. myth of soma, legend of mir, mu online and eudemons online player.

Current game : Runescape (until pc build is complete)

• EvileEvile Member Posts: 534

My 5770 is in a core 2 quad (q8300) with 8gig ddr2 on win 7 and AoC runs very smooth with no noticed memory leaks.

I don't run dx10 in AoC because it is still rough around the edges, but the dx9 client runs mint on my setup. The only thing not set max is AA. I also am not running the uber high resolution. My LCD is native to 1280 (believe it or not by choice/preference)

and the comment about me just being in Tortage is completely uninformed. I have been in AoC on and off since launch. YES launch had enough issues with performance to cause me to leave. The DX9 client runs so much better now.

P.S. AoC is not well optimized for SLI/crossfire so for the cash 1 big card will be MUCH better then 2 cheap cards (for AoC). AoC however works very well with my Q8300 cpu. Runs on all cores without issues.

If you CAN AFFORD, then by all means OF COURSE the ATI 59** series will be better or the top of the line Nvidias. For the cash the 5770 is a great card

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

5770 are very good card yes the bus isnt wide the thing most forget is these card are made for multiple process at the same time,let me give a comparo>

in eq2 even thot you would have a hexa core processor would it be playing smoother!nope because there its the processor speed that is important

here its the reverse!the speed is average but it can have an insane amount of process simultaniously

right now most game havent been optimize to take advantage of that fact same for processor

i run with a dual core do you honeslty think i could run game with just a dual core of the game were optimized for my 5770

hell no i would need quad core!

the game right now are doing the same eq2 does but at the graphic card end

the game are very low count process at most 2 process those need very speedy graphic card

since all new card are ment for multiple process they are underutilise how much underutlilised oh right now we probably use 1/8 of its avail power!yap the rest is mostly sleeping or used in ways they werent optimised for!

its like a truck doing stop and go in city !its not ment or optimised for that same for train

they re meant for huge load steady pace going but there is only 5 pound in the box and you ask it to go 1000 mile per hour

its not designed for that its designed for 1000 time the load but slower going!

so till we get game designed for this we ll feel the way we are right now (cheated)