Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for some Hack 'n Slash mmorpg

dennisvdzdennisvdz Member Posts: 67

As the subject said.

Sample: Dragon Nest. Still waiting for it.

Though I want a game with is released already, with the same combat style (gameplay).

List of thingy's;

- Full 3D GFX

- I really- really hate to see blood/odd dead people. Though GFX may be realastic.

- English languaged

- On some way playable in the Netherlands - Europe.

- Yet released or open beta playable

Is there someone who knows something for me?

Thanks,

~ Eggmaker

Comments

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

Don't know what dragon nest is but it sounds like you want Darkfall.

• DerekHarumiDerekHarumi Member UncommonPosts: 37

Originally posted by NetSage

Don't know what dragon nest is but it sounds like you want Darkfall.

Ehh... I was going to say Vindictus, but it has tons of blood and gore, so I don't think you would like it. 

• AtrusVAtrusV Member UncommonPosts: 305

Maybe you'd like Dungeon Runners. It has:

- Full 3D graphics

- Dunno

- English language

- I think you can play it in NL

- available

Other features:

- The lore is not serious, it's quite sarcastic about other games (see it yourself, i don't know how to describe the sense of humor)

- Random generated instances

- F2P

- Lots and lots of loot (if you pay 5€ per month you can exchange King's coins that you find for new items for your character [really good ones])

- It has 3 basic classes: Warrior, Scout and Mage, but depending on what skills you are using the game gives you a title or another (eg. if you are a warrior and you use skills related to paladins, your title can change, for example "Holy wrath of Gosh" or something ridiculous)

At least try it for free, there are many items for your character at any level, and they have a lot of statistics

PS The bad thing is that it's very lineal

• TSWBETAROGSTSWBETAROGS Member Posts: 196

Originally posted by dennisvdz

As the subject said.

Sample: Dragon Nest. Still waiting for it.

Though I want a game with is released already, with the same combat style (gameplay).

List of thingy's;

- Full 3D GFX

- I really- really hate to see blood/odd dead people. Though GFX may be realastic.

- English languaged

- On some way playable in the Netherlands - Europe.

- Yet released or open beta playable

Is there someone who knows something for me?

Thanks,

~ Eggmaker

Try Age of Conan now:

-Perfect DX10 Grafics in HD.

- Not to mutch blood and no zombies and stuff

-English

-European servers

-Has been here almost 2years with 80-100k player atm. They have a large expantion comming in e few months sow start a charracter and get him to 80 fast.

• seigardseigard Member UncommonPosts: 286

age of conan .. no blood.. then whats the thing that comes out after you chop someones head off

if you mean turning gore off.. then whats CONAN without blood?

• dennisvdzdennisvdz Member Posts: 67

I think Dungeon Runners is a very nice choice for me!

There is just one problem: I can't find the official website :P. I'm just redirected to 'http://eu.ncsoft.com/en-gb/' and see nowhere the game..

EDIT DR isn't what I'm looking for. Click combat.. Bleh, I need skill in the game..

• zeowyrmzeowyrm Member Posts: 746

There is just one problem: I can't find the official website :P. I'm just redirected to 'http://eu.ncsoft.com/en-gb/' and see nowhere the game..

EDIT DR isn't what I'm looking for. Click combat.. Bleh, I need skill in the game..

Dungeon Runners has been shut down anyways.

• GrubbsGradyGrubbsGrady Member UncommonPosts: 371

Heya Dennis, you could try out Age of Conan if you want to turn off the blood. I just started playing with a friend and the combat is very hack and slash-ish. Also as you level up you gain combos and things for fighting, which is a fun change from most games!

If you want to give it a shot, just tell me and I'll toss you a buddy key!

• AtrusVAtrusV Member UncommonPosts: 305

Originally posted by zeowyrm

Dungeon Runners has been shut down anyways.

I'm shocked, i don't know why NC closed the game. It was fun.

• saturn1234saturn1234 Member UncommonPosts: 111

lol wtf, i love how he said no blood/dead bodies and people suggest Age of Conan and Darkfall, 2 of the most violent bloody games out there.

For hack and slash i would say Dungeons and Dragons Online definitely.  Really fun dungeons and you roll a Barbarian or a Fighter and hack and slash your way through.  There are skills and stuff too.

• accelaxaccelax Member Posts: 6

After looking up Dragon nest i realized i wanted a similar game as well.

Can't help you though. Did a google search on "hack and slash mmo" that turned up somewhat informational, but i can't get over the eastern style and their "f2p but with a cash shop with imba gear so you don't need to actually play the game".

What i wanted to say is that even though trying out aoc wouldn't hurt (you might like it), it's not a hack and slash (action rpg) type of game (this should be made clear).

It has it's combo system which is different from let's say WoW, but it's still very much similar in it's gameplay (not really fast paced, mouse/tab targeting etc).

I was thinking on maybe going back though, played to end game when it was released but dropped out because raids where buggy and the whole guild left. I never played a close range toon so it might give you a somewhat more feeling of a hack 'n slash (I played ranger and necro).

EDIT:

Yeah, funny that people recommend the most bloody game on the market, even though it says specifically that it wasn't wanted/requested.

I haven't played ddo that much, but i wouldn't consider it hack and slash either. A quick look at the swedish description on wikipedia tells us that:

BloodRayne

Devil May Cry

Diablo

Dungeon Siege

God of War

Kingdom Hearts

Lineage: Bloodpledge

Rune

Is considered hack 'n slash. If i understand op correctly (and looking at dragon nest) it's this type of gameplay he's looking for. Correct me if i'm wrong.

EDIT2:

I thought i'd add a link for some gameplay on dragon nest and see if anyone can lend some of their knowledge on a similar game (as i'm as interested as OP about this). The camera angle makes me wanna slit my throat, and hopefully this is adjustable when the game's released.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zQeOcZSkRE

The thing I like about AoC, is that I don't have to target anyone. This probably changes in a raid environment, but when im questing and playing with my friend, all I do is make sure the enemy I want to hit is in front of me and use my attacks, this is also cool since many of my attacks will also hit nearby enemies. So targetting does not exist for me at all, which makes fighting feel much more involved. I don't feel taken out of the action because I need to click on a man every 10 seconds to switch to him :)

To clarify some things: The gameplay I'm looking for is pretty simple: Action based, for example pressing the 'Z' key to swing your sword to really aim it. Those click > Wait > Get exp games are boring. 

Note that I'm NOT looking for shooters.

Originally posted by saturn1234

lol wtf, i love how he said no blood/dead bodies and people suggest Age of Conan and Darkfall, 2 of the most violent bloody games out there.

For hack and slash i would say Dungeons and Dragons Online definitely.  Really fun dungeons and you roll a Barbarian or a Fighter and hack and slash your way through.  There are skills and stuff too.

And you're telling me some bloody/voilent game as well..

Once I'm on the website I see the intro with the warning for voilence and blood, rofl :P.

• neonwireneonwire Member Posts: 1,787

I looked at the title of this thread and before clicking on it I thought "I guarantee the first reply to this thread will be yet another predictable suggestion to play Darkfall because thats the reply that everyone gives every single time" and yep there it was as regular as clockwork. Maybe mmorpg.com should set up an auto-reply feature that reads the keywords "looking hack slash pvp mmo" in the title of a post and auto-posts a "Try darkfall or EVE" reply.

I look forward to the day when games developers have finally put a decent selection of good pvp focused mmos on the market so we might finally stop seeing people post Eve and Darkall as suggestions to anyone that wants an action or pvp based mmo. I realise that mmos havent been around for very long (relatively speaking) but shouldnt there be a better selection of higher quality games around by now for people who want full freedom in full-scale pvp mmos?

Yes, but you didn't read as well. No blood stuff, EvE.. Nope, I don't like it, just the type of the game.. Not my style =(.

• scuubeedooscuubeedoo Member Posts: 458

Games i have tried:

Infinity Online - older game, 3D, typical hack-n-slash, plays with either gamepad or keyboard, no blood/gore, not sure though if it still runs.

Splash Fighters - cartoonish, not really 3D. ()

Rumble Fighter - similar with the one above.

Games i haven't tried but *might* be hack-n-slash:

Blade & Soul:

Continent of the Ninth (C9):

Battle of Destiny: (2D beat em up)

Warlord Online:

Atrix Online:

Vanilla Gate:

Duel Gate:

R-Man Revolution:

Funky Fighters:

Zzang Online:

Elan Online:

Trinity Online:

GhostX:

Lost Saga:

That's it. Hope you have time to check em out and live in Asia, cause most of them should be Asia-only.

"Traditionally, massively multiplier online games have been about three basic gameplay pillars – combat, exploration and character progression. In Alganon, in addition to these we've added the fourth pillar to the equation: Copy & Paste."

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181

Originally posted by saturn1234

And you're telling me some bloody/voilent game as well..

Once I'm on the website I see the intro with the warning for voilence and blood, rofl :P.

DDO has violence, yes, you kill things, I understand you want a make beleive world where things die without any pain, but it's very hard to do without violence. What Saturn was telling you is that DDO is very bland and imaginary violence where in Age of Conan heads seperate from bodies.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

Dragonica Online

Originally posted by scuubeedoo

Games i have tried:

Infinity Online - older game, 3D, typical hack-n-slash, plays with either gamepad or keyboard, no blood/gore, not sure though if it still runs.

Splash Fighters - cartoonish, not really 3D. ()

Rumble Fighter - similar with the one above.

Games i haven't tried but *might* be hack-n-slash:

Blade & Soul:

Continent of the Ninth (C9):

Battle of Destiny: (2D beat em up)

Warlord Online:

Atrix Online:

Vanilla Gate:

Duel Gate:

R-Man Revolution:

Funky Fighters:

Zzang Online:

Elan Online:

Trinity Online:

GhostX:

Lost Saga:

That's it. Hope you have time to check em out and live in Asia, cause most of them should be Asia-only.

Lovely list. A lot of them fit to me, especially 'Warlord Online' looks like 'my' game. Though when I google for the website, it just displays some odd 2D game. (http://wl.91.com/index/)

Note that I do live in Europe.. About Infinity Online, wanted that game before but it was discontinued =(. Rumble Fighter was fun for a short time, so Splash Fighers will do the same. Most other games told me some odd-languaged website, so not for Europe. (As you may noticed from my worse English language (grammar), I'm not from England or N-A.)

I hope there's something avaible for me!

Thanks for all support =D.

Hmz, missed GhostX out. I'm enjoying that game for now until Dragon Nest will be out! As well playable here in Europe!

Thank you very much, finally found something.

• WavinstriderWavinstrider Member Posts: 24

Two Words: Guild Wars

I'm not really sure about that game. People tell me all something else about it. And I'm pretty low on cash so I need a very good choise :P.

GhostX has got a lot of connection problems (Whole GameKiss?).. Ahrgh..

• Mud_MonsterMud_Monster Member UncommonPosts: 229

You'd probably like The Chronicles of Spellborn, but I dunno if its going to be around much longer.  It is supposed to be being redeveloped as F2P game, but the F2P attempt in Asia was a bust so that might not be a good sign for the game's future.  They do still have servers up though and the game is fun and of the style you are looking for.

I've seen that game before as well. When I see gameplay video's everything is so.. slow. :(