Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When does a game start to bore you?

2»

Comments

• VanpryVanpry Member Posts: 152

When character growth stops and gear farming begins.

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

When I see a full quest log and find myself doing nothing but killing mobs(basically going against how im supposed to play the game because its lame).

Shortly after my in game activity dwindles from playing everyday to logging in once every few days, then i unsub.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• NetzokoNetzoko Member Posts: 1,271

When my character isn't progressing anymore...

I get bored if I get to a point where I'm not going to get any cool new abilities or skills, or if there's no cool gear worth working for.

-------------------------

• rozenblade1rozenblade1 Member CommonPosts: 501

Hmmm...a game gets boring for me when my mood completely swtiches due to my bipolar disorder and I can no longer stand what I am doing, even if I was having a blast with it the day before...blah.

Seriously, that's when I get bored with a game...or...

When my only, or favorite, RP buddy leaves to go to another game and I have no joy in going on :(

PLAYING: NOTHING!!!
    PLAYED:FFXI, LotRO, AoC, WAR, DDO, Megaten, Wurm, Rohan, Mabinogi, RoM

WAITING FOR: Dust 514

• csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121

A game gets boring to me when I find myself soloing a lot and it takes too long do complete anything. I find myself not progressing and going no where. Then sometimes I get bored when I get a group and things just doesnt work out the way it should. Like people rolling on stuff they dont even need and say its for their toons, or how you repeatedly die in some areas where it should have been pretty simple to beat. Having to go back to retrieve your stuff on your corpse but failing to do so. Oh yea and listening to the constant chatter people talk about in vent, and you cant turn off vent because it's required in some certain guilds.

• LazerouLazerou Member Posts: 202

When everything is easy. If I can do things on auto-pilot then the game has lost my interest.

• slessmanslessman Member Posts: 181

Games typically don't bore me if I enjoy them from the get go. Otherwise, games will bore me right away. If I lose interest in a game in the first week I won't bother to play them at all.

www.ryzom.com

• CrimsonFalkonCrimsonFalkon Member UncommonPosts: 46

Games start to bore me when repatition and stale community are all there is to look forward to when loggin in. There has to be an engaging community along with good game play to keep and hold my interest in a game, for without both of those what is the point of playing an MMO?

• Huli22Huli22 Member Posts: 64

Originally posted by jleeii

Games start to bore me when repatition and stale community are all there is to look forward to when loggin in. There has to be an engaging community along with good game play to keep and hold my interest in a game, for without both of those what is the point of playing an MMO?

Well, easy, giving away money to the gaming companies!

• IhmoteppIhmotepp Member Posts: 14,495

When I get no new abilities for leveling, except plus 1.

Like you get a club. Ok. Then you can wield a long sword. Cool! Then dual wield! Alright! Then dual wield with a spell that ads a flaming third sword! Awesome. Then club plus one. Sword plus one. Dual wield plus one. Flaming sword. plus one.

Or, when you have to grind in the same zone forever towards the upper levels, and theres' no need Mobs to fight.

• AlkozathAlkozath Member Posts: 37

Originally posted by Lazerou

When everything is easy. If I can do things on auto-pilot then the game has lost my interest.

yea. this is a killer,  sadly i meet this to often.

• syndreamersyndreamer Member UncommonPosts: 43

Lack of progression usually does it in for me. If I can't progress in a game at a decent pace, I start losing attention and it becomes another game I uninstall. Progression for me includes quests. I love quests, I love reading them especially if it's lengthy and good. I also love enchanting/modding gear and weapons and I love new content. It's those things that keep me in the game and so far only a few games have done that. Runes of Magic and now Aika Online.

• VultureSkullVultureSkull Member UncommonPosts: 1,774

Lots of things may cause this this but the litmus test for me is looking at my chars on the logo n screen and not having any desire to log in and play. I then proceed to my account and cancel my sub.

However i do return after a few months, so in effect i rotate the games i play. Which works fine for me, with the odd trial of new games. I currently rotate WoW, AoC and Eve.

• UsualSuspectUsualSuspect Member UncommonPosts: 1,243

Originally posted by Lazerou

This. It's happened to me in every game since World of Warcraft, because all games are now about solo content. The problem with solo content is it has no danger and is so easy your eyes end up blurring and you poke the same few buttons constantly. Zombiefication in action!

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

All games bore me after I played them for 2 months. Seems to be a law of nature.

Only games that managed to break this rule are MMOs. Those get boring once I lose my guild.