Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF a new MMO. any suggestions?

nakumanakuma Member UncommonPosts: 1,310

well given I think I am finally burnt out with WOW until catacalysm comes out, I am looking for something to satisfy my sweettooth for MMO's.

I have played several MMO's wow has got pretty repetitive and boring and now its just a grind for bigger and better gear for the next raid (ICC10/25) after that there is nothing much to do until cat comes out.

So far I have played eq2,and lotro both I left due to low population n the server i was with. SWG (well we can pretty much figure out where i stand with that.)

lineage 2 (overrun economy, and low pop),aion mediocre, Startrek online(cant even call this a true MMO as far as I am concerned) EVE Tech 2 in a few parts, but its horrendously slow pace and boring at times.

I tried darkfall trial, but didnt catch my fancy as the UI is absolutely horrendous but wasnt as bad as I thought it would be..

also tried AOC but cant stand that game anymore.

I was thinking possibly Fallen earth, but during the beta, i only got to lvl 16 or so and the constant craftng was annoying as well as performance issues. has this changed?

any similar MMO's that you can suggest?? I dont know what is coming out, or maybe I should just wait for Earthrise or FFXIV to come out perhaps?? Id like some possible suggestions with links so I can perhaps look them up or if your playing them give me anidea on population statistics, changes, history of improvements if any etc. thanx.

3.4ghz Phenom II X4 965, 8GB PC12800 DDR3 GSKILL, EVGA 560GTX 2GB OC, 640GB HD SATA II, BFG 1000WATT PSU. MSI NF980-G65 TRI-SLI MOBO.

Comments

• SunrockSunrock Member Posts: 22

Maybe have a look at Pirates of the Burning Sea, if you're looking for somthing different to WoW. Only Played it during its first 5 months after releace so have no clue how the population is now.

But if you wan't some "WoW clone" I have no clue really you list all those worth mention.

Personally I'm wating  for SWTOR though I don't have any high hopes for it. IMO I think it will as mush of a sell out of the Starwars Franshise as introducing Jar-Jar Binks in Ep1.

Mortals Online is a long shot. On paper the game is quite good. You can say it's a mix of Oblivion and Ultima Online. But in reality the game is horible because of it's engion. However Star Vault have anounced they are going to upgrade the gfx and network engion. So maybe....

• patrikd23patrikd23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,155

Originally posted by nakuma

well given I think I am finally burnt out with WOW until catacalysm comes out, I am looking for something to satisfy my sweettooth for MMO's.

I have played several MMO's wow has got pretty repetitive and boring and now its just a grind for bigger and better gear for the next raid (ICC10/25) after that there is nothing much to do until cat comes out.

So far I have played eq2,and lotro both I left due to low population n the server i was with. SWG (well we can pretty much figure out where i stand with that.)

lineage 2 (overrun economy, and low pop),aion mediocre, Startrek online(cant even call this a true MMO as far as I am concerned) EVE Tech 2 in a few parts, but its horrendously slow pace and boring at times.

I tried darkfall trial, but didnt catch my fancy as the UI is absolutely horrendous but wasnt as bad as I thought it would be..

also tried AOC but cant stand that game anymore.

I was thinking possibly Fallen earth, but during the beta, i only got to lvl 16 or so and the constant craftng was annoying as well as performance issues. has this changed?

any similar MMO's that you can suggest?? I dont know what is coming out, or maybe I should just wait for Earthrise or FFXIV to come out perhaps?? Id like some possible suggestions with links so I can perhaps look them up or if your playing them give me anidea on population statistics, changes, history of improvements if any etc. thanx.

It looks more like you need a break. Maybe take a break from gaming and do some reading, watching intressting movies or perhaps some exercise. I have same "problem" since I played almost all mmos out there and even alot not out yet, everything seems boring and I get a feeling I am starting to get burned out.

I got high hopes on some future mmos but the wait is anoying. 

• DarkArlinDarkArlin Member Posts: 17

I tend to agree with patrik.  Taking a break might do you best.  I've tried all of those MMOs and more and I'm just burnt out.  Right now I've got my eye on SWTOR and Guild Wars 2.  Until then, I'm just relaxing and doing other stuff.  Giving myself a chance to forget how bored I became with everything in all those games and hoping the future is brighter for MMOs, though I am pessimistic...

• Take a break.  Play some none rpg games like Oblivion or The Witcher.  MMo gaming is something that comes in waves for everyone and I find myself in the same situation as you after reaching lvl 80 in eq2.

• nakumanakuma Member UncommonPosts: 1,310

yeah id have to agree with ya, I'm thinking I am going to take a break til Earth rise, SWTOR, and FFXIV comes out. until then i am enjoying bad company 2 on PC. and yes I do excerise lol. but either way I think ill lay back for now chill and unplug.

3.4ghz Phenom II X4 965, 8GB PC12800 DDR3 GSKILL, EVGA 560GTX 2GB OC, 640GB HD SATA II, BFG 1000WATT PSU. MSI NF980-G65 TRI-SLI MOBO.

• phatpeteyphatpetey Member Posts: 323

Hi,

I've read what you are looking for and I think you should give Vanguard a try. The community is quite small but I heard that the community is pretty friendly and gentil. The game offers a nice combination between sandbox and themepark MMO's.

Another game I would recommend is Allods, the game is quite new but it seems that it is beeing picked up by a lot of people pretty fast. I didn't have a lot of time to play the game myself but I must say that the gameplay is filled with grinding. The annoying type of grinding=> Get a quest -> Kill X monsters Y / Gather X skins from monster Y -> Return to the questgiver and get your reward. But since you have played WoW for quite a long time this should entertain you for a while.

The game is F2P so that's a plus. Here I posted the links to start you up, enjoy!

http://www.allods.com/

http://allods.gpotato.com/

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Might be time to take a while off, it is perfect for that since  a lot of good MMOs actually comes out next year (GW2, WoDO, FFXIV, TOR and maybe a few others).

Otherwise you could try something different. Guildwars is a nice change of pace if you havn't tried it, or DDO. Neither of them have monthly charges but DDO have a C-shop. Both games are different from the regular EQ based games and pretty good, they give you good value for the money.

• gnomechefgnomechef Member Posts: 49

Please try Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, you will not be dissapointed once you get in game to try this out. It is not like anything else. http://vanguard.station.sony.com/

the last time iw as playinbv vanguard i got to around 27 or so as a warrior, and the server was damn near dead, it was a pain getting a group together for important stuff. gameplay has improved greatly, but the lack of community in general for people in my level range is severely lacking unforunately. i kind of wish the seradon server picked up more. Im gonna try FFXI i got it from Bestbuy ultimate collection for $20 and i have a friend who is on the game who will help me level up a bit. so ill see where that goes.but otherwise Im taking a break til the next MMO's slated to come out are released. thanx for the info though.

holy crap ffxi takes a year and a day to update lol. sitting at around 4-6 hours. this crap is insane. let alone getting everything registered via playonline is like pulling teeth. i hope FFXIV is much smoother than this.