Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The game is great, but NO AUTO ATTACK!?

RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

Yesterday was the 1st time i tried Allods online. You have to manually do normal attacks. This is a huge let down to me. Playing mmorpg equal relaxing to me. I have to press the number 1 hotkey over nine thousand time everytime the cooldown ends. Cooldown, depend on weapon speed, between 1 sec to 4 sec. This type of SpamFest is a Huge let down to me. There is no point for that.

Games that require Manuel normal attack with a logic reason that i know are:

Age of Conan, Darkfall online, Mortal online.(Currently those i know and those i played.)

In Allods, it dont make sense to get forced to hit the number 1 key to do normal attack everytime. 1st of all, you cant even attack the wind in allods(You know what i mean) You cant even dodge normal attack by simpling strafing or jumping over the sword model. So There is absulutele no point in Manually pressing the number 1 hot key every times.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

Comments

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

As you get higher levels theres a lot more to hit than "1".

Anyways this is another one of the "damned if you do, damned if you dont" topics. Some like auto attack and some dont, You will never please both crowds on this. If you like the game play it, if you dont, hit the road.   

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• RoBoMaNRoBoMaN Member Posts: 6

Remember the game is still beta ;)

• aliiasaliias Member Posts: 1

The slow combat mechanic almost made me quit the game, bare with it  for a few levels ( quite many actually) and it will get a lot more interesting than just hitting one button. Im now level 20 and enjoy how the combat system keeps evolving.

• DarkwolfeDarkwolfe Member Posts: 3

Fallen Earth also has no auto attack. And in that game it's actually worse because left-click is an attack with your left hand and right-click is the right hand. And that's it really, back and forth with 2 fingers (mostly). click-click-click-click-click-(1 key)-click-ohkillmenowplease-click...

There are spells and such but it's mostly just wearing out your two fingers. I went through 2 mice playing that game. lol.

They may fix it in this game, they may not. The problem with getting too used to 1 style of game is exactly what you find here. It's difficult to make the crossover. However as a human being you are quite adaptable, if only you put forth the effort :)

Now.. on to my search to find a spell list for this game.....

• Garvon3Garvon3 Member CommonPosts: 2,898

People complaining about real time combat? REALLY? <sigh> MMO players these days. 

Originally posted by Garvon3

People complaining about real time combat? REALLY? MMO players these days. 

Haha. Definitely agree. It's been that way since Everquest 1 started dumbing down the game. I think part of it is learned behavior.. perhaps :)

I actually like both types. So long as it's more intuitive or in-depth than Fallen Earth is.

• ShowTheWorldShowTheWorld Member Posts: 5

There is actually a really good reason why there is no auto-attack in this game. Any attack including your basic weapon attack costs energy (from the point of view of a melee char anyway).  If it was constantly autoattacking, using your energy everytime, you would never be able to get certain attacks that require alot of energy off, and would result in alot of, "it autoattacked and now i don't have the energy to use my sweet new ability that requires 80 energy". Not to mention that most classes will hardly ever use that basic weapon attack, by level 10 you should have enough talents that when you use one, another is coming up from cooldown. Hope this helped :D

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

Originally posted by Darkwolfe

Fallen Earth also has no auto attack. And in that game it's actually worse because left-click is an attack with your left hand and right-click is the right hand. And that's it really, back and forth with 2 fingers (mostly). click-click-click-click-click-(1 key)-click-ohkillmenowplease-click...

There are spells and such but it's mostly just wearing out your two fingers. I went through 2 mice playing that game. lol.

They may fix it in this game, they may not. The problem with getting too used to 1 style of game is exactly what you find here. It's difficult to make the crossover. However as a human being you are quite adaptable, if only you put forth the effort :)

Now.. on to my search to find a spell list for this game.....

lol you make it sound like you have to keep clicking to attack.  The attacks work the same as 99.9% of FPS games.  You can just hold down the left and right mouse buttons at the same time while dual wielding and the attacks keep coming.  Or say you are using a rifle just hold down the left button to keep firing away.  Anyway, you don't have to just keep clicking like it's diablo or something.

Steam: Neph

Originally posted by Nephaerius

lol you make it sound like you have to keep clicking to attack.  The attacks work the same as 99.9% of FPS games.  You can just hold down the left and right mouse buttons at the same time while dual wielding and the attacks keep coming.  Or say you are using a rifle just hold down the left button to keep firing away.  Anyway, you don't have to just keep clicking like it's diablo or something.

lol.. I did just keep clicking. Hold the mouse button down huh... Yeah, apparently I was ignorant of that fact.  image

I wonder how I missed that helpful bit of information before.................................

Haha, oh well. A good dose of humility goes a long way :)

• describabledescribable Member UncommonPosts: 407

Originally posted by Darkwolfe

Originally posted by Garvon3

People complaining about real time combat? REALLY? MMO players these days. 

Haha. Definitely agree. It's been that way since Everquest 1 started dumbing down the game. I think part of it is learned behavior.. perhaps :)

I actually like both types. So long as it's more intuitive or in-depth than Fallen Earth is.

don't touch STO then, ship combat one key.. "fire at will" ... spam that and hit impulse inbetween combat.... a monkey could do those missions, and a retarded monkey at that.... sure he may die a couple of times but that means nothing in the game at all...

"nothing actually matters, we're just slightly evolved monkeys clinging to a dying piece of rock hurtling through space waiting for our eventual death." - Frankie Boyle, Mock The Week