Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need for Speed MMORPG (World)

lars1134lars1134 Member Posts: 106

With the new beta coming in just a couple of minutes i would love to hear every racer fan on this boards on their opinion about the 'what they claim as an mmorpg' new need for speed world.

Open world, fully online, custom cars etc.... sounds cool right?

Beta starting soon so gotta spam the login.exe for a while to hopefully get in. A game forum would well placed dont you think?

http://www.world.needforspeed.com

Comments

• lars1134lars1134 Member Posts: 106

wrong link. Right link is stated below:

http://www.needforspeed.com/web/world/

• Tob7Tob7 Member Posts: 24

Can't wait to see the final result of this game..

I hope it's the new generation of Racing MMO.

• EdliEdli Member Posts: 941

Great. Now peoples are calling even nfs a mmorpg. The word rpg just reached a whole new lv of misused term.

• PreponerancePreponerance Member Posts: 295

Originally posted by lars1134

wrong link. Right link is stated below:

http://www.needforspeed.com/web/world/

Why didn't you just edit your first post ><

• lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Member Posts: 80

Originally posted by Edli

Great. Now peoples are calling even nfs a mmorpg. The word rpg just reached a whole new lv of misused term.

My thoughts exactly. I read the info on their site, nothing in the features list- NOTHING-  indicates that it is an mmorpg.  They need a whole new term. Persistent stats game . For all these game companies who seem to be very much in the dark as to what an mmorpg is.

im lazy and pushed the wrong buttom :P

ill make my statement about the mmorpg part in this game later once i tried it. Dont have a sirious opinion about it now ;)

Originally posted by lawnmowerman

My thoughts exactly. I read the info on their site, nothing in the features list- NOTHING-  indicates that it is an mmorpg.  They need a whole new term. Persistent stats game . For all these game companies who seem to be very much in the dark as to what an mmorpg is.

Exclusive to PC, Need for Speed World is the first massively-multiplayer racing game in the Need for Speed series. Race with your friends online or compete against them and thousands of other racers in the enormous NFS universe, built specifically for World.

Look at the forums and review your post :)

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411

Why not just MMO_____

MMORacer, MMOFPS, MMOPoker...etc.

Exclusive to PC, Need for Speed World is the first massively-multiplayer racing game in the Need for Speed series. Race with your friends online or compete against them and thousands of other racers in the enormous NFS universe, built specifically for World.

Look at the forums and review your post :)

project torque boasted almost the exact same nonsense. So , they are in fact not the first non mmorpg racing game to claim to be an mmorpg.  persistent stats and game lobbies do not an rpg make.

Someone earlier this morning told me LoL was an mmorpg. Come on guys. Really? REALLY?

why not slap you in the face and call it stroke..... 

MMORPG -Massively multiplayer online role-playing game <-- this really doesnt mean it needs an wanna be elf option to play....

Role-playing can also be a street racer :) and obviously it is a game :)

Explaned enouph?

Originally posted by Horusra

Why not just MMO_____

MMORacer, MMOFPS, MMOPoker...etc.

because somehow every game who has any sort of persistent stat keeping has now decided that they are mmorpgs. I agree, mmog would be a suitable term for this one perhaps. Leave out the rp. I mean the abbreviation mmorpg means what it means. I am sick of crappy lobby games deciding to just DECIDE that it means something else.

MMORPG -Massively multiplayer online role-playing game <-- this really doesnt mean it needs an wanna be elf option to play....

Explaned enouph?

Play the game intead of reciting drivel from their forums, then we'll talk.

• EdliEdli Member Posts: 941

Explaned enouph?

A racing game is a racing game. In this case it's a mmo racing game. Only because a game have levels and points to attribute doesn't make it a rpg. It's not your fault because many other games have misused it by calling themself as such only because they had levels and elfs. It's true that rpg games were the first type of games to use the leveling up system but (repeating myself) levels don't make a game a rpg. Modern warfare uses this system too but it's a fps.

I would never imagined someone calling rpg a racing game

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

As an MCO vet, I'm interested to see what they do.  But I recall hearing that there will be "power ups" on the roads.  I hope that's not true.

I'm not sure how they'll plan to make this fly financially.  MCO failed pretty quickly, and Test Drive Unlimited didn't break any records.  Both were pretty good games.

• xxpigxxxxpigxx Member UncommonPosts: 412

Explaned enouph?

A racing game is a racing game. In this case it's a mmo racing game. Only because a game have levels and points to attribute doesn't make it a rpg. It's not your fault because many other games have misused it by calling themself as such only because they had levels and elfs. It's true that rpg games were the first type of games to use the leveling up system but (repeating myself) levels don't make a game a rpg. Modern warfare uses this system too but it's a fps.

I would never imagined someone calling rpg a racing game

What differentiates this game from other MMORPG's?