Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Try make me return to Age of Conan please

chriselchrisel Member UncommonPosts: 990

I am fed up with my current MMO atm, now I really need to move on. So what to play? My thoughts have been a bit around Age of Conan lately. After all I was 'there' at the launch, but as we all know, the game was epic fail.

Now after seeing FunCom's upcoming release The Secret World, and as an old Anarchy Online fan, I am considering giving Age of Conan a second chance.

What I do wonder about before I return, is as follow:

1. Bunnyjumping, still the 'best' way of pvp'ing? This was so game breaking that it is definately not worth returning if its STILL the same combat system that rewards that stupid & rubbish bunnyjumping!

2. I like pvp. Do I stand any chance at all on pvp servers? I heard that players are so frustrated with 'end level' life that the only 'satisfaction' they get, is when they group gank lowbies. Should I be concerned? I see no point in being gank fodder for weeks & months just because I like pvp. Can this be avoided on a pvp server, and how?

3. Rate some powerful solo classes! Yes, I like pvp, despise pve. I solo my way to end level. Any class suggestion?

4. Insert some sort of things I should know. So I dont come back here and trash the game. I better not play it then instead, right?

In advance; thanks.

Make us care MORE about our faction & world pvp!

Comments

• finaticdfinaticd Member Posts: 843

I don't know, but circle straffing and bunny jumps still work. Assassin is the best and here is list of 1 shotting classes. http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=215160 Yeah you need PvE gear to PvP but T2 isn't hard to raid so you can PuG it, there isn't much of a gap as T3 is probably bugged.

AoC didn't do much with PvP but you can read about it and see if AoC is for you from a veteran PvPer. http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?s=9b29ba0c2836bdf11acc1a43ae0f20e7&t=213650

They just added shrines but the core PvP stuff is still valid. I love PvPin MMOs but I'm pretty shocked AoC went the PvE route when at release they had more PvP players and not so much anymore. But have fun if you decide to play or just wait for another game, gl to you.

Funcom has reviewed all of its assets relevant for
    impairment testing. This process has led to
    recognition of an impairment loss of around
    3,1 MUSD for Age of Conan due to a decrease in
    numbers of subscribers for the game. Funcom Q4 10 report.
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showpost.php?p=2926123&postcount=7 500 mains/alts on Tyranny in past 30 days - instead of merge servers let's open a new PvP server, again! http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=106427

• VultureSkullVultureSkull Member UncommonPosts: 1,774

Simples...............try the trial and see everything for yourself 1st hand,

Instead of 2nd hand/3rd hand or even 4th hand info you may get here.

If you like then stay otherwise don't.

• chriselchrisel Member UncommonPosts: 990

Originally posted by finaticd

I don't know, but circle straffing and bunny jumps still work. Assassin is the best and here is list of 1 shotting classes. http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=215160 Yeah you need PvE gear to PvP but T2 isn't hard to raid so you can PuG it, there isn't much of a gap as T3 is probably bugged.

AoC didn't do much with PvP but you can read about it and see if AoC is for you from a veteran PvPer. http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?s=9b29ba0c2836bdf11acc1a43ae0f20e7&t=213650

They just added shrines but the core PvP stuff is still valid. I love PvPin MMOs but I'm pretty shocked AoC went the PvE route when at release they had more PvP players and not so much anymore. But have fun if you decide to play or just wait for another game, gl to you.

Thanks for the links. Those gave me vital information that made me see it is not worth returning to. I understand that the spine of Conan is still there.

Cheers!

Make us care MORE about our faction & world pvp!

• RdlabanRdlaban Member UncommonPosts: 396

So basicly forum whining puts you off games.... And you thrust fanaticd... 

This is so wrong in so many ways...

• RaganaRagana Member Posts: 458

Exactly. Join a guild (I lead a re-roll guild strictly for newbies and returning vets) so it is never too late to start playing. Give the trial a shot, everyones experience will be different.  

Veni, Vidi, Vici

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

read the official forums, that should be a good indicator to the state of the game

I miss DAoC

• BukkerzBukkerz Member UncommonPosts: 177

I've just resubbed.....have been playing Wow for years, touched upon most other MMO's...Conan I do think has matured with time and is a far more complete animal now than it maybe be was a while ago.....I think it's great and I often think I'm way too fussy.........way better than bloomin Allods and moves better than Lotro. Can't really comment on Eve as it's never reaaly appealed to me and War is unfortunately far from finished and by the sound of it never will be...I did like many aspects of this game Pvp is excellent, but the Inevitable City was just dire to be honest.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

best graphics of any game out right now.

Game has come a LONG way since launch. if you played way back at the beginning you will be very pleasently surprised. no bunny hopping hasn't been arround for a long time. this game is still not perfect by any means. sieges are still quite laggy and you really do need a high end comp to run it at full potential. caster mele imbalance is still sort of there but nothing like it used to be. End game content is not as much as some other games but it's there, and the expansion will bring lots more.  there are daily quests, daily mini's quests, weekly raids, new pvp levells/gear.

With the new Shrines of Bory GROUP world pvp is back in style. i say "group" in large letters because in this game you need to be in a group to really enjoy pvp at it's best. Minis can be horrible if you dont have a premades, and dont even attempt the shrines unless you have a raid going. Solo pvp (aka world ganking)  is nothing like it was mostly because of the new pvp xp gain which is based on your opponent's level now, murder system, roaming guards and there just aren't that many lowbes questing. With the latest patch they have really pushed organized group pvp as the focus.

A good solo class right now is the Assassin. quite the fotm class since the revamp but very OP right now. one other strong solo class would have to be the BS when well geared. the ToS are still very strong as well as the Conq and the Necro.

• wmbyrnewmbyrne Member Posts: 35

Yes, it looks good, but bad Tech support, my game won't lauch, and there been no repley to my emails,,,or on there fourm.  Just sick of it.....

• shylock1079shylock1079 Member Posts: 158

Let me preface by saying I recently got off a 3 month prepaid account.  That is how much faith I had in funnestcom.  But I didn't renew.  AoC is like the hot chick you date for about two months and realize you have absolutely nothing to talk about because she really hasn't had to develop social skills.  I forgot where I was going with this.  Ah yes, AoC is hotter than most games and has actually gone through quite a bit of changes.  It is worth the time the trial takes to download.  

But honestly it still feels hollow.  Doesn't mean I don't like to see it every now and then...you know watch it play on my system and such. Because the idea behind it is amazing..but something is missing.  As with EVERY mmo, there is a moment you get to your mid twenties (or thirties or forties depending on the game) where there is a giant chasm that I just don't have the patience to trudge through.  trudging isn't fun for me.  

And you know what...what makes this all worse?  I loathe autoattack, but AoC kinda makes me miss it...something I lament often.  This is because every single game has the previously mentioned low point where you just have to put your head down and push forward.  But see, in other games I can get through it by listening to audiobooks or watching Netflix while I play and work my way up.  I just can't seem to multitask with AoC's combo's.  

Yes I know...awful.