Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need help in Mount & Blade Warband !

joeri123joeri123 Member UncommonPosts: 247

Hey guys

Yesterday I started playing this. I love the gameplay but got some questions.

So my army was 30 men or something but I didn't have enough money to pay them anymore so I went to rob some villages.

But then I coudn't acces the shop at 'Praven' anymore cause I'm 'Wanted' so I coudn't sell my stolen stuff.

Where do I sell my stuff if I'm Wanted ? I coudn't find any other shop with the other factions either.

And another thing. While I was travelling to find a shop those wandering faction armies captured me cause I stole from their farmers.... Now I lost my army, my money, my items... WTF ?

I'd like some tips please !

Greets.

Comments

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835

Welcome to the cut throat world of M&B :-)

First off - If you're ever captured, they'll drag you all over the map and finally you'll escape.  If you had any companions prior they'll still be with you, but yea your troops will have scattered and left you.  As far as you personally, sometimes you get off light and sometimes you get hammered as you did. 

Making money at lower levels - prey on the looters and bandit bands.  That's what they're there for.  You'll always pick up some items to sell and the population will love that you're cleaning out the trash.

Never touch villages (or caravans) until much farther down the road.  Preying on villages only really becomes a safe venture when you've taken service with one of the factions and even then only attack the one's your side is at war with.

You didn't say what level you were but I'm going to guess the 30 troops that you had were Merc's from the taverns.  If so not only does it cost to buy them, but their upkeep costs are higher too.  At low levels I'd go for just a couple Merc's and the rest village lads that I can level up.  If you can find any try to fight the looters and bandits that have prisoners with them.  After you win the fight you'll be able to recruit them into your force and save some upfront money of hiring them.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• joeri123joeri123 Member UncommonPosts: 247

Originally posted by Nebless

Welcome to the cut throat world of M&B :-)

First off - If you're ever captured, they'll drag you all over the map and finally you'll escape.  If you had any companions prior they'll still be with you, but yea your troops will have scattered and left you.  As far as you personally, sometimes you get off light and sometimes you get hammered as you did. 

Making money at lower levels - prey on the looters and bandit bands.  That's what they're there for.  You'll always pick up some items to sell and the population will love that you're cleaning out the trash.

Never touch villages (or caravans) until much farther down the road.  Preying on villages only really becomes a safe venture when you've taken service with one of the factions and even then only attack the one's your side is at war with.

You didn't say what level you were but I'm going to guess the 30 troops that you had were Merc's from the taverns.  If so not only does it cost to buy them, but their upkeep costs are higher too.  At low levels I'd go for just a couple Merc's and the rest village lads that I can level up.  If you can find any try to fight the looters and bandits that have prisoners with them.  After you win the fight you'll be able to recruit them into your force and save some upfront money of hiring them.

Thanks for the reply ! I'm only low lvl still. around 4-5 I think. I recruited my men from the villages.

So now I should go find looters and bandits etc ? Any tips for what I should do after I get some good men and some money ? Like join anything or do specific things ?

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835

For finding other parties on the map you need to put points into 'Spotting' and 'Tracking', that will increase the range you can see other groups and increase the amount of info you get from the arrows you run across on the map.  As for finding them you need to just wander and keep an eye out for them.  Once you find them, click on them and you'll go into follow mode.  If your faster than they are you'll catch 'em, if slower, break off and go back into searching around.

Once you get atleast 50 men, then you can start asking the lords of the faction you want to go with if they have any tasks you can do.  50 is the min to get a merc contract with them.  They may also have some fetch and carry missions, or train up troops for them.  Fact is you can do missions for the village elders and guild leaders in cities too.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

Dunno if in warband it's still the same I got the first one atm only.

When I say again when you get and see with your own eyes that you can handle a lot of people with your character alone (get a horse asap!) the "bandits" near the sea drop decent gear for the lower levels that will make you very strong.

To explain maybe it's different in warband these "bandits" were soldiers that left the army to hunt people but until you get to know how to fight and some decent people help too you can start getting lots of money.

My fav method on spending points:

Strength/agility first a little intelligence to get more points in skills and rarely in the last one (forgot it xD)

I try to max the melee damage boost because I love 1 hitting enemies and with a 2 handed weapon on a horse is easy and possible.

To get more money:

Do tournaments! and bet on yourself when your still unkown you can recieve near 5k gold if you win.

To know were there are tournaments go in towns that look like castles but don't have castle in name then arena and tell him were there are tournaments obviously don't go in enemy towns for tournaments unless you want to die.

Use an axe no sword! I know it's harder to aim with them but destroying shields faster is always a plus to me and I hate thrust on one handed weapons.

Have some patience! I prefer to wait till a king asks me to join someone not I go myself I think it speeds up some of the process on being more helpful with them since they will know your a good ally to have.

Save some money (2k or so) and get a "hero" with you in team! These special units while sometimes can be a pain in the @ss when they start to complain are still stronger then a normal unit because you spend their points when tey levels plus you give them equipments!

Don't waste lots of gold to make your character very strong! Leaving your troops soso but you have stronger gear while yes if very skillfull you can almost beat like 50 alone (depending on difficulty too) always extra party members that can deal some damage help too.

Try to balance melee and range, try getting some units on horses so that they can help in the rush attacks till the units on foot arrive BUT don't exagerate on the melee units or you will have a pain on fighting an enemy since you can't pass through alies/enemies.

The same goes for rangers since arrows/crossbows/whatever are limited on ammuntions, shields makes it almost impossible to hit with range I personally don't use much ranged.

A personal opinion is atm I can have 45 units in team and I try to have like 5-10 on horses with lance, these have the weapon I hate most in using since thrust only is not my ideal weapon hehe but they can break through enemy lines and make it easier for hitting them if they have shields.

Then 10-20 units on horses that use melee weapons such as sword/axe and shield, 2 handed weapons because they deal good damage and if they round enemies they can render enemies useless and die.

10-20 units that walk, while yes they will take a lot to reach the fight walking units stay grouped almost all the time so easier for them to beat enemies.

And the rest of the space usually 5-10 are ranged units that usually walk because some of the melee units have also ranged weapons too.

That's all I can think on atm good luck :P