Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Website very slow loading now

outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

I used to come here allot, but for some reason, when I try and post in the forums, it takes a long time to load.  Even clicking on a topic, takes forever now. 

I use Mozilla Firefox and it works extremely fast everywhere else.   Has something changed?

Anyone else notice this?

Comments

• rlmccoy1987rlmccoy1987 Member Posts: 1,722

Yes its slow, its their server.  I reported this problem months ago, but everyone kept trying to tell me it was my internet connection.  Sometimes it takes so long to load a page or make a post, firefox times out.  (while I ccan browse other websites at the same time)

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

Well, I just clocked it.  Took me over 15 seconds to respond.  This issue is keeping me from doing anything one here.  See you all in a few months.  I will check back when they fix this.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

I've been having similar issues. This site's responsiveness took a major nosedive when I upgraded Firefox to 3.5. It got worse with 3.6 too. When changing pages on this website Firefox would at times take up between 75 - 99% of cpu for several seconds. Right clicking to bring up the contextual menu would cause Firefox to respond very slowly to a mouse click. Using the mouse wheel to scroll the page would also take seconds to respond. Firefox's error console goes wild with multiple warning messages about issues with code in .../theme/radiance/...

I just made a change that seems to have improved this site's responsiveness for me. I was using the grey theme for this site. When I changed to the black theme this site became a fair bit faster when changing pages. It still slows down but not as often as it did with the grey theme.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

Originally posted by rlmccoy1987

Yes its slow, its their server.  I reported this problem months ago, but everyone kept trying to tell me it was my internet connection.  Sometimes it takes so long to load a page or make a post, firefox times out.  (while I ccan browse other websites at the same time)

it depends!there is something a publicity or something and when that happen it take forever just close everything and restart

its at their end ,since its a random issue it might take them years to find the culprit but its not you we all have same issue

it might go well for 3 hour suddenly something is working at trying to detect something when that happen close everything and restart browser!(might even have to change browser at time)

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

Originally posted by grunty

I've been having similar issues. This site's responsiveness took a major nosedive when I upgraded Firefox to 3.5. It got worse with 3.6 too. When changing pages on this website Firefox would at times take up between 75 - 99% of cpu for several seconds. Right clicking to bring up the contextual menu would cause Firefox to respond very slowly to a mouse click. Using the mouse wheel to scroll the page would also take seconds to respond. Firefox's error console goes wild with multiple warning messages about issues with code in .../theme/radiance/...

I just made a change that seems to have improved this site's responsiveness for me. I was using the grey theme for this site. When I changed to the black theme this site became a fair bit faster when changing pages. It still slows down but not as often as it did with the grey theme.

You are absolutely right.  It is Firefox.  I installed google chrome and performance improved 100% for some reason.  I wonder what is causing this?  Gonna try the black and see if it works better.