Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did Allods population drop ?

LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Clear and simple:

1. Start of open beta:  So many people playing you could not even target a single mob

2. Cash shop prices announced + fod perfumes

3. Today: Game is a ghost town. You can basically go trough entire zone and not see anyone. Guild of 70 players have 3 active ones....

What happened ?

Comments

• zeuseasonzeuseason Member UncommonPosts: 69

Basic mechanics.  I could not grasp how fubar mechanics could be till this.

• mrnutz1065mrnutz1065 Member Posts: 228
    Originally posted by Lobotomist
    How did they manage to kill it before it was even released ?

Kinda answered your own question. :D

• RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136

Allods was the perfect game at the perfect time for me. I was getting a little bored with DDO so I went fishing for a F2P as a part time game and Allods showed me why I should keep paying for DDO.  

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

I already desinstalled the game. I hate the faq that you cant auto attack like in wow. I understand that hitting keys = more skills, specially when pvping, but for the pve part, im sick of spamming melee strike and bow shot over 9000 times per mobs. Dont get me wrong, i dont hate to constantly hit hot keys since i like Age of conan. Specially when pvping.

My other let down, we cant make Brown dark skinned human race. Im not racist, but when i play a game and i can create a character, if i cant make him look like i do, i cant survive much longer. I tried other race instead, but they are wost. The orc is the most ugliest orc model i saw in my life. The tall race on the bad side, they seemed to be cool, but once you move with them, you see that they really sux. On the good side race, i hate elfs and HO NOes, an other cute type race.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• StrixMaximaStrixMaxima Member UncommonPosts: 865

The cash shop policy is questionable. But it is FAR from a ghost town. It is easy to get into groups for raid at levels 1-30 (the levels I play in). Population is very healthy.

Don't resort to hyperboles to sustain your argument.

• ArboriSArboriS Member Posts: 7

Like StrixMaxima said, the population doesn't seem to be a problem at all (atleast not where I play). The ISA server from the European game client has quite a few players actually.  

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

like mrnutz said you pretty much answered your own question.

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• EdliEdli Member Posts: 941

Originally posted by Lobotomis

So much potential and such a good game.

Where was the potential? F2p? I couldn't stand the retarded animations and graphics. Of course the gameplay matters most but I really can't play such a retarded looking game in this age.

Originally posted by Edli

Where was the potential? F2p? I couldn't stand the retarded animations and graphics. Of course the gameplay matters most but I really can't play such a retarded looking game in this age.

I liked the art style of the game and the graphics looked fine, looked better than allot of p2p out there.

So you actually admit GFX and animations do matter the most to you, not gameplay per se. Not there's anything wrong with that, but it just looks kind of silly when you refute your own statement in the same sentence.  

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

Originally posted by Lobotomist

Clear and simple:

1. Start of open beta:  So many people playing you could not even target a single mob

3. Today: Game is a ghost town. You can basically go trough entire zone and not see anyone. Guild of 70 players have 3 active ones....

1) dont be ignorant, so many people playing at start because everyone had to start over at level 1 from CB so of course its going to seem extremly packed.

2) Cash shop well not a lot i can say about that, the game needs a way to make money to stay up and it just so happens that fod is the main way. There not a charity they have bills to pay.  You should have mentioned the rune system which is the real problem of the CS.

3)  Just because you never could get past the first instance (which your in an instance alone) doesnt mean the game is a ghost town. There are a lot of people playing. I have no clue what game your playing but allods has a decent population. There will be problems later tho if they dont iron out problems, and fast.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

Originally posted by SgtFrog

I liked the art style of the game and the graphics looked fine, looked better than allot of p2p out there.

Maybe you compare it to wow or some other game made 7 years ago? I played too many great looking games in my comp to go back to those shitty graphics. Don't get me started on the animation of the characters. Wtf is that?

Plus they tried to make it too much childish for my taste.

Originally posted by ArboriS

So you actually admit GFX and animations do matter the most to you, not gameplay per se. Not there's anything wrong with that, but it just looks kind of silly when you refute your own statement in the same sentence.  

Doom II, FFVI ect. were great games for me at the time. Can I play those now? Never. There are a lot of old games with great gameplay but peoples can't play today. For me what matters most is the gameplay but if I see retarded crap in my screen then I'm sorry.

• einexileeinexile Member UncommonPosts: 197

The game is probably empty because it is terrible.

Endless kill quests, hackneyed visual style, lousy sound effects, and a newbie zone consisting of a mostly featureless city with no real alternative. When I found out the game had some convoluted system that actually punished you for veering off the theme park tracks, I saw the writing on the wall and got the hell out. God forbid you take a break from chasing map icons in order to do something wild like hunt monsters. Allods might be the only RPG I've played that actually discourages adventuring.

I can't help but think that putting up with this for more than a few hours makes me a little bit of a moron. YMMV.

einexile the meek
    Vacuos, Winterlong, Vaciante, Eicosapenta
    Atlantean, Tyranny, Malton

Originally posted by SgtFrog

Maybe you compare it to wow or some other game made 7 years ago? I played too many great looking games in my comp to go back to those shitty graphics. Don't get me started on the animation of the characters. Wtf is that?

Plus they tried to make it too much childish for my taste.

I have pretty much played every P2P game  that has come out in the last 5 years and to me Allods looks fine to me...obviously not as good as games like Age of Conan, Aion est. ... but that is just my opinion I guess.

• Cscsup77Cscsup77 Member Posts: 18

I tried my hardest to play Allods but the game is just not working. I have a rather high end dual core pc with a killer graphics card and RAM to spare. The game has locked up my pc everytime I play it. I have not even made it out the first building you start in (most people in the forums say they don't make it 5 minutes in due to this). I can't even tell you how the community is because I haven't made it that far! I've sumitted bugs and details and so have others in the offical forums. I'm told its a hardware issue and the graphics card is locking up my pc due to outdated drivers. Well i'm sorry to say that I have the latest drivers from Nvidia and all my windows updates are complete and up to date. I was also told it might be a corrupt install so I redownloaded it and did fresh install. No luck there either...

Don't EVEN get me started on the Cash Shop items and the new patch nerfs they are putting in.

How is a WOW ripoff that was made awhile ago in Russia and ported to the US failing so bad?!?!? I was told this game cost upwards of 12 million to make and its the biggest that Russia has put out.

Doom II, FFVI ect. were great games for me at the time. Can I play those now? Never. There are a lot of old games with great gameplay but peoples can't play today. For me what matters most is the gameplay but if I see retarded crap in my screen then I'm sorry.

So again you refute yourself and admit you find gfx quite important. I still dig my old school games, and have no problem playing them. But to say Allods looks bad and outdated, especially when compared to the other f2p, thats a bit silly. 

So again you refute yourself and admit you find gfx quite important. I still dig my old school games, and have no problem playing them. But to say Allods looks bad and outdated, especially when compared to the other f2p, thats a bit silly. 

I did not say that graphics matter nothing to me and gameplay matter everything. What I did say is that gameplay matters most. Of course for a game graphics are important. So how did I refute myself?

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

Originally posted by Realbigdeal

I already desinstalled the game. I hate the faq that you cant auto attack like in wow. I understand that hitting keys = more skills, specially when pvping, but for the pve part, im sick of spamming melee strike and bow shot over 9000 times per mobs. Dont get me wrong, i dont hate to constantly hit hot keys since i like Age of conan. Specially when pvping.

My other let down, we cant make Brown dark skinned human race. Im not racist, but when i play a game and i can create a character, if i cant make him look like i do, i cant survive much longer. I tried other race instead, but they are wost. The orc is the most ugliest orc model i saw in my life. The tall race on the bad side, they seemed to be cool, but once you move with them, you see that they really sux. On the good side race, i hate elfs and HO NOes, an other cute type race.

lol not to be racist but you are complaining about not being able to make a dark skinned human in some of the most atrocious grammer ive ever had the displeasure of reading in english.  you have successfully lowered my perception of the human race another notch sir.

Of course the gameplay matters most but I really can't play such a retarded looking game in this age.

Of course the gameplay matters most but I really can't play such a retarded looking game in this age.

And I'm still repeating my self.  Most not Everything.  I didn't say gameplay matters everything. I said most. Which mean graphics and animations are still a factor to be considered even if I value most the gameplay.You still don't get it?

Wow graphics for instant are not that great, but i like the character races model and animation. So Model, animation, this is what matter for me. In allods, races model and animation sux. They got the ugliest orc too. Why are they white? I dont ask for a green one, but white orc are more lame.

And there is absoluteli no reason to remove the Auto attack feature from wow. Its so lame to spam key 1 just to do a melee normal strike or a bow normal shot. There is no strategy on that, all you do is spam. You also waste an hotkey space only for the sake of manually do normal attacks.

You spam if you want to spam. You don't need to do it. Normal attacks are useless very quickly (aka level 5 or 6). As a warrior, due to procs (bleeding) and status (stun, KD, silence), it is always interesting to study the situation and use different attacks, since many do extra damage when applied on a bleeding/stunned/KDed enemy.

Sure, you can still use the basic attack and bang your keyboard doing it, but there is much more depth to it.

About the graphics, I enjoy them. They are not amazing, but the art direction is quite nice (being European makes a huge difference here), and the effects/animations are ok. Gibberlings are actually one of the most amusing character models I've played in a while, specially as a Warrior (one uses the weapon, another the shield, and the last one the bow). It is a shame people cannot overcome their insecurities about playing something "cute".

Finally, what is the problem with a white Orc, prithee? Or is it as stupid as, say, a Dark Elf?

Originally posted by StrixMaxima

You spam if you want to spam. You don't need to do it. Normal attacks are useless very quickly (aka level 5 or 6). As a warrior, due to procs (bleeding) and status (stun, KD, silence), it is always interesting to study the situation and use different attacks, since many do extra damage when applied on a bleeding/stunned/KDed enemy.

Sure, you can still use the basic attack and bang your keyboard doing it, but there is much more depth to it.

About the graphics, I enjoy them. They are not amazing, but the art direction is quite nice (being European makes a huge difference here), and the effects/animations are ok. Gibberlings are actually one of the most amusing character models I've played in a while, specially as a Warrior (one uses the weapon, another the shield, and the last one the bow). It is a shame people cannot overcome their insecurities about playing something "cute".

Finally, what is the problem with a white Orc, prithee? Or is it as stupid as, say, a Dark Elf?

Now, i played the game long enough so im now used to the animation. I play with an orc and after all, allods orc model are better then the orc of wow. What  hate about the 2 human race, they got no dark skin like an afro american.

Anyway, im a warrior class. So i need to spam normal attack in order to gain Rage.

Wrong. You do not gain CA with the normal attack. You get it via some attacks, like Powerful Blow or Malicious Strike. Then you use CA to activate the special strikes, such as Ram or Gut Punch. Normal Attack is simply a low dmage attack. No Warrior should ever use it beyond level 3.

There are many skills that increase CA, by the way. If you choose to keep spamming one, it is not the game's fault.