Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking of returning.

IzorkIzork Member UncommonPosts: 381

Hey.

I've now been doing on / off on MMOs, but its hard with the ones out there right now !

atm I play FE. But its not appealing much too me.

I remember playing AOC, and I was having GREAT fun. But I left due to the lack of content, but thinking of returning now that there's a new expansion up ahead. Althought my account with my 3 80s (ToS,Necro and Ranger) and 12month sub, got banned and I tried calling funcom and writing emails, they wont give it back. So I gotta start from the scratch, im ok with that since i would've made a new char anyways.

To the point. You think its worth returning now? Since I don't think FE is as fun as I had with AOC back when I played it. I don't mind the themepark, if I just enjoy it, im not a 100% sandbox fanboyzor, I admit. So what you think? Should I buy the game and just go for it?

Thing with FE is, i just log off after 30min/1hour then i just go play CSS or do something else. My longest session was of 2-3 hours.. And when I have fun in MMOs i usually did like 3-48 hours sessions!

- What you think?

Personally Id go for a return, but im now sure! Ive seen all the content (if they havent added new)

:

Yahk

Kykilykk or how you spell it, cant remember!

Vistrix

BRC (Pre-nerf,pre-hard w/e did do it on all stages. When it was hard, when it was not)

So basicly I farmed all the content for a long time. So Ive seen the most. Mostly i'm just looking to do the game again and get to endgame and play with a nice guild again, on a fresh new-made character, and hope that the exapnsions is not far ahead.

-I'm playing on EU btw.

Over and out. Hope you get me, sorry for my totally fucked up english and grammar.

Comments

• IzorkIzork Member UncommonPosts: 381

Oh and iron tower. Did that aswell.

• cyandkcyandk Member UncommonPosts: 142

I just subbed yesterday and im playing on Crom. Tortage is alive and i see lots of players.

Global seems extremely busy and the 1.07 patch seems to have some great additions. On top of that the expansion has been confirmed today as being released between April and June.

So yeah, its worth it.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Originally posted by cyandk

I just subbed yesterday and im playing on Crom. Tortage is alive and i see lots of players.

Global seems extremely busy and the 1.07 patch seems to have some great additions. On top of that the expansion has been confirmed today as being released between April and June.

So yeah, its worth it.

No new content I guess?

But then I again, I will have some time to get to 80 and gather a few pieces of T1/T2 for when expansion hits :)

• MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712

Originally posted by Izork

So yeah, its worth it.

No new content I guess?

But then I again, I will have some time to get to 80 and gather a few pieces of T1/T2 for when expansion hits :)

BRC has all 3 wings now, T3 raiding was also added, Thoth-Amon hasnt been downed yet.

Xibalaku, Crows Nest, Iron Tower have been added as noticeworthy 6 man dungeons.

Tarantia Commons has been added as a level 80 zone, with lots of quests.

Theres been several other things added aswell, best thing to do is to jump on the Age of Conan website and take a look.

The expansion looks to be adding a great deal of new content also, and Craig said it was still heading for a Q2 2010 release.

Seeing as your planning to start over, Ymirs Pass has been added for level 55+ aswell, which also contains the Amphitheater, a new 6 man dungeon, theres been other additions around the world.

I think you will be pleasently surprised.

Originally posted by Velera

So yeah, its worth it.

No new content I guess?

BRC has all 3 wings now, T3 raiding was also added, Thoth-Amon hasnt been downed yet.

Xibalaku, Crows Nest, Iron Tower have been added as noticeworthy 6 man dungeons.

Tarantia Commons has been added as a level 80 zone, with lots of quests.

Theres been several other things added aswell, best thing to do is to jump on the Age of Conan website and take a look.

The expansion looks to be adding a great deal of new content also, and Craig said it was still heading for a Q2 2010 release.

Seeing as your planning to start over, Ymirs Pass has been added for level 55+ aswell, which also contains the Amphitheater, a new 6 man dungeon, theres been other additions around the world.

I think you will be pleasently surprised.

Now, its not that long since i played :) i did farm all 3 wings for a few months.

Althought i didnt know T3 was added!

I did do Crows Nest, Xib and Iron tower already, and ymirs pass ofc : )

But i think ill return. since it cost 10 bucks only.

• HalandirHalandir Member UncommonPosts: 773

my account with my 3 80s (ToS,Necro and Ranger) and 12month sub, got banned and I tried calling funcom and writing emails, they wont give it back.

Over and out. Hope you get me, sorry for my totally fucked up english and grammar.

Let's see... Your 12month sub was banned and Funcom was unwilling to unban it even if one of AoC's problems is 'not a lot of subs'?

I think I get you. Please stay in whatever game you are currently abusing.

We dont need casuals in our games!!! Errm... Well we DO need casuals to fund and populate our games - But the games should be all about "hardcore" because: We dont need casuals in our games!!!
    (repeat ad infinitum)

Originally posted by Halandir

my account with my 3 80s (ToS,Necro and Ranger) and 12month sub, got banned and I tried calling funcom and writing emails, they wont give it back.

Let's see... Your 12month sub was banned and Funcom was unwilling to unban it even if one of AoC's problems is 'not a lot of subs'?

I think I get you. Please stay in whatever game you are currently abusing.

Thing is, they require info of my card used for 12month sub, but i dont have that card, and my bank dont want to give me that info !

So i cant do anything, and its not funcoms fault.

• HalandirHalandir Member UncommonPosts: 773

Thing is, they require info of my card used for 12month sub, but i dont have that card, and my bank dont want to give me that info !

So i cant do anything, and its not funcoms fault.

Sorry that does not really make sense to me. I live in Denmark too and and banks here are NOT allowed to withhold that kind of information. They are actually obliged to document all relevant transcation details to the rightful owner/creator of an account, even if the account have been cancelled within the last 5 years.

Great story though. (Oh and I don't see how funcom could be blamed in any way.)

We dont need casuals in our games!!! Errm... Well we DO need casuals to fund and populate our games - But the games should be all about "hardcore" because: We dont need casuals in our games!!!
    (repeat ad infinitum)

I thought so too.

You're saying Im lying? just keep out my thread thanks. And why should I ly on a forum :o

Anyways, i purchased it once again, and cant download >: its down.. bah im going to sleep.

Thanks for the thumbs up ! I see 1.07 and it looks nice ! Can't wait to try it out again.

• wmbyrnewmbyrne Member Posts: 35

Well, I’m about out of my free month and I’m not sure if I will continue much past 35 level. It a beautiful DX10 game and runs well, but the economy and crafting are busted; you have to buy gold to be survivable or competitive.  I know many will dispute this, so just read and do some research about it.  New players are really screwed, after they leave the Island, and that 1-20 polished voice acting and with populated areas all but disappears. They just did some UI upgrades, so I can at least read the chat now, but really it’s been, what two years and there just getting to that interface work. Hard to find groups, I wish it was not so, but it is.

Originally posted by wmbyrne

Well, I’m about out of my free month and I’m not sure if I will continue much past 35 level. It a beautiful DX10 game and runs well, but the economy and crafting are busted; you have to buy gold to be survivable or competitive.  I know many will dispute this, so just read and do some research about it.  New players are really screwed, after they leave the Island, and that 1-20 polished voice acting and with populated areas all but disappears. They just did some UI upgrades, so I can at least read the chat now, but really it’s been, what two years and there just getting to that interface work. Hard to find groups, I wish it was not so, but it is.

Now, I did play for some time, so Ive done all the crafting etc, and I never payed a penny. I farmed it all my self.

• Skatty2007Skatty2007 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 231

Originally posted by wmbyrne

I personally have never bought gold and I have plenty of money.  Just gotta know how to make it is all.  Its a skill like anything else.  

Of course some people want the quick and easy way out, or just complain that craftingeconomy is 'broken' when in fact they just don't know how to make money.

I'm not creative enough to have a signature

• wmbyrnewmbyrne Member Posts: 35

This is why I never post, did I say or advocate buying gold, NO.  I also promoted doing you OWN dang research into the problem... 

• Skatty2007Skatty2007 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 231

Nor did I say you advocate buying gold.  I was simply giving an alternate viewpoint that doesn't agree with your statement of "but the economy and crafting are busted; you have to buy gold to be survivable or competitive"

My 1.5 years of "research" of subbing to AoC and having more gold than I know what to do with during said time of "research" would support my particular viewpoint.

If someone can't handle someone else giving an alternate viewpoint that doesn't agree, maybe said someone shouldn't post here anymore.

I'd be happy to tell you some bullet points of how I go about earning my coinage in AoC if you so desire.

I'm not creative enough to have a signature

• ThornrageThornrage Member UncommonPosts: 659

I currently have 95g and I have never bought gold. No I have used the Trade House to my advantage. I gather materials and I craft armor, weapons, gems and alchemy depending on the character I am on. I usually donate some gold to my guild or to someone who needs the coin for a mount because I continually make gold but have nothing to spend it on sometimes.

The economy works great as long as you know what to do with it.

Just like in WoW, when I used to play the Auction House, I made so much gold on my first toon that someone claimed I bought the gold. 

Now if I could only do that at the NY Stock Exchange :P

"I don't give a sh*t what other people say. I play what I like and I'll pay to do it too!" - SerialMMOist