Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xsyon Earth 2012: Prelude: Release Date Pushed Back, Early Access Begins

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Xsyon developer Jordi Grau Davis has updated the existing development update thread with news that Xsyon will not be making its April 15th date, instead it will be pushed back a month to May 15th while Jordi flies out to Russia to work closer with the development team on a number of key issues. Plans for early access are uninterrupted however, as pre-order customers are beginning to enter the game.

The "Year Zero" full player wipe will occur on May 15th, which will also kick off the beginning of the free two months that pre-order customers will enjoy.

Early access players have already begun putting out videos for those not fortunate to be allowed into the game in the first round. Check them out here.

Are you playing Xsyon? If so, what do you think? Let us know in the comments below!

[Thanks rlmccoy1987 for  the tip!]

Comments

• LorkLork Member Posts: 338

What a scam. This is a pay to play beta, with the only incentive being two-months of free game time after the wipe on May 15th.

• DreathorDreathor Member Posts: 537

Originally posted by Lork
    What a scam. This is a pay to play beta, with the only incentive being two-months of free game time after the wipe on May 15th.

Two free months sounds like good value for money to me.

"If all you can say is... "It's awful, it's not innovative, it's ugly, it's blah.." Then you're an unimaginative and unpolished excuse for human life" -eburn

• CodeFuzerCodeFuzer Member UncommonPosts: 105

you don't pay to play beta you pre order the game and get 2 months free for 40$ (way cheeper than most games)

there is no beta and even if there is it why should you even be in it ? those who preorder can if they want get early access (don't need to play, can just sit and wait for final wipe and then still have 1 week early access which is the bonus you get from preordering ) but since there is no open beta all you kids keep crying because you want to play for free ... it was said that the time for crying kids will come after release (free trial)

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

The beta/prerelease was never promised. They always said they WANTED to get people in early on an first come first save basis. This game is not a scam either, server seem somewhat instable right now, but from what I have seen to the game it is pretty solid.

I will like this game and it will be an good sandbox game as long as they manage to have a good server structure with can handle the amount of users. 

• randomtrandomt Member UncommonPosts: 1,220

Hmm? Sure can you get (if you get in) access to what for all intents and purposes can be considered the beta, then you get 2 months free, a 30$ value more or less, meaning the game cost you 10$ to pre-order

Doesn't seem very scammy to me, now that we've seen videos proving it's not total vapourware heh

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

Damn this game looks good, seems 2010 will be bringing back real MMORPGs instead of the stale theme park crap fests we've been force fed for the last 4 years!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• HarabeckHarabeck Member Posts: 616

I wouldn't say the game looks good yet. At least we know it's real though. I'm still only cautiously optimistic, they've really put a lot on their plate and from the looks of things, the only stuff they have working is cutting down trees and changing ground textures from grass to cobblstone.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Through all those videos the most exciting ones I saw was when they cut a tree down, and made some road. I especially liked the video where that guy got in a fight with some random NPC or whatever, and lost all hist stuff while the NPC did nothing.

Can't say I'm impressed with anything other then the feature list at this point.  I would consider buying it for the 2 free months if I don't get a chance to try it for free beforehand.  Then again, I don't know when the new fallen earth content is going to drop, so if it happens around the same time I might wait.

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

Don't play the beta then, wait until release or post-release to purchase the game, if they kept things shady it would be a scam - this is not the case, especially as there's no NDA and no "buy lifetime subscriptions now for exclusive stuff - only available until release)".

You know, there are people that would love to be in a small game in which their feedback actually matters and they feel a lot closer to the developers in that thing some would dare define as... community, and the opportunity is there.

• lethyslethys Member UncommonPosts: 585

What a dumb thing to say.  That makes no sense.  2 months free play is a lot of free play, and they're delaying it by one month as opposed to the perpetual delays of MO or even the one year delay by SWTOR or the two month delay of APB.  Every game gets delayed.

• randomtrandomt Member UncommonPosts: 1,220

Originally posted by maskedweasel
    I especially liked the video where that guy got in a fight with some random NPC or whatever, and lost all hist stuff while the NPC did nothing.

Heh I believe the one who lost all his stuff did so to some bug or other (from what he said in the voip during the video), and the guy attacking him was also not an npc (I think someone said there was no npcs at this time)

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Originally posted by randomt

Originally posted by maskedweasel

I especially liked the video where that guy got in a fight with some random NPC or whatever, and lost all hist stuff while the NPC did nothing.

Heh I believe the one who lost all his stuff did so to some bug or other (from what he said in the voip during the video), and the guy attacking him was also not an npc (I think someone said there was no npcs at this time)

I hope thats the case because if so, the AI was jacked.  I'm becoming more and more interested in this game, and I really want to like it as I am a FE fan and this looks similar with some really great twists to the way you can create things, but I just haven't seen nearly enough for me to be impressed.

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

This game is being made by even smaller team than MO and with smaller budget. It's yet another case of "Promise a lot and hope you sell enough preorders to actually finish a little of the promises"

and this game is being made in Russia, has anything good ever came from Russia?

• BedouinBedouin Member UncommonPosts: 26

Originally posted by kishe

Yes,

Mila Kunis for one. 

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Goddamn it, the guy above beat me to the best part.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

Originally posted by Bedouin

Yes,

Mila Kunis for one. 

Mila Kunis is from Ukraine

Vodka, well..cant argue with that!

• OaksteadOakstead Member Posts: 455

This game is being made by even smaller team than MO and with smaller budget. It's yet another case of "Promise a lot and hope you sell enough preorders to actually finish a little of the promises"

The lead dev lives in California. 

You can also bet the Russian programmers are higly qualtified.  They are located in Novosibirsk which is home to Novosibirsk State University, one of the best in Russia  (http://www.cwu.edu/~borisk/cv/nov2.htm). More detail here: http://www.nsc.ru/sbras/akadem/objects/index1.html

The city has a software industry hungry to grow: http://www.rususa.com/news/news.asp-nid-7642-catid-2

Originally posted by Oakstead

The lead dev lives in California. 

You can also bet the Russian programmers are higly qualtified.  They are located in Novosibirsk which is home to Novosibirsk State University, one of the best in Russia  (http://www.cwu.edu/~borisk/cv/nov2.htm). More detail here: http://www.nsc.ru/sbras/akadem/objects/index1.html

The city has a software industry hungry to grow: http://www.rususa.com/news/news.asp-nid-7642-catid-2

They have too few people and too few resources to make a mmorpg. It's going to be yet another "Sandbox" where they make a empty shell of a game and put their trust on the fact they can sell enough "potential" to finish the game with players funding them.

I have no respect to Indy developers who try to sell off a B-class mmo with triple-A pricing, it's nothing but a cash grab.

a tale in the desert, Wurm Online, Starquest online all charge less than Triple-A and they started small and built on to that. Those projects get my respect, these new generations of "Sandboxes" are nothing but hype-driven cash grabs

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

I dunno about this game the sound effects really put me off, the concept is neat but we will have to wait and see I guess.

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

I have no respect to Indy developers who try to sell off a B-class mmo with triple-A pricing, it's nothing but a cash grab.

a tale in the desert, Wurm Online, Starquest online all charge less than Triple-A and they started small and built on to that. Those projects get my respect, these new generations of "Sandboxes" are nothing but hype-driven cash grabs

The game also offer two month of subscription meaning that you save 20-30 euro's depending on the monthly rate. So the initial price ain't that bad. They also do not limit this pre-release or beta with an NDA meaning that there will be more then enough information for people to be informed prior to the release date. 

Do wonder though, how do you known the budget of Xsyon? Pretty sure they never released it! Then again you claimed the game was from russia.....so you not really that informed. 

Originally posted by Coman

The game also offer two month of subscription meaning that you save 20-30 euro's depending on the monthly rate. So the initial price ain't that bad. They also do not limit this pre-release or beta with an NDA meaning that there will be more then enough information for people to be informed prior to the release date. 

Do wonder though, how do you known the budget of Xsyon? Pretty sure they never released it! Then again you claimed the game was from russia.....so you not really that informed. 

Budget is easy to count:

Do they have an central office?

How many developers they have?

How long has the development been going on before supposed release?

If they dont have central office, have less than 30 full time developers and have been developing the game less than 5 years. Their budget is too small to make triple-A MMO.

This company consists of Rich californian guy, bundle of Russian rookie game-programmers and is getting released bit over a year after being announced = fail.

If you're looking for a MMO with same exact feature set, but doesnt rip you off 15-20$ a month and is a genuine, honest yet webb established indy-mmo try Wurm Online.