Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Japanese FFXIV site updated- new info on races

HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

The Japanese site has been updated with some info, new music has been added which imo sounds a lot better than the last one (Final Fantasy theme), and the different clans between races have been revealed. You can follow the "new" text if you can't read JP.

http://finalfantasyxiv.com

Miqo'te: Keepers of the moon, Seekers of the sun

Hyur: Midlanders, Highlanders

Elezen: Forester, Shader

Lalafell: Plainsfolk, Dunesfolk

Roegadyn: Seewolf, Lohengarde

SUBLIGAR IS BACK

Quick translation-in-progress of Famitsu information:

HYURAN

People of the Middle Lands

Midlander

Among the populous Hyuran, the majority is comprised of this great clan. They reside in various regions, and are enriched with a diverse livelihood. From a young age, Midlanders become accustomed to books. Because of this, they seem to have a deep, intellectual society.

People of the High Lands

Highlander

The highlanders dominate the remote, northern highlands. They are the strong, muscular, tribe of the Hyuran. After their city-state of Ala Mihgo fell to the Garlean Empire, with the exception of Male Mercenaries, it has become rare to see them in other cities.

MI'QOTE

People of the Sun

Sun Seekers

One tribe of the Mi'qote call themselves "The people of the Sun". The followers of the Sun God Azema are numerous, and they are very active in the daytime. They have cold, piercing,, colorful, cat-like eyes.

People of the Moon

Moon Keepers

The other tribe of the Mi'qote call themselves "The Wards of the Moon". They are the many followers of the Moon God Menefina, and many follow a nocturnal lifestyle. Many of the Moon Keepers apply vivid war paint onto their face.

LALAFELL

People of the Plains

Plainsfolk

The Plainsfolk gather and built villages from the materials of the plains, and have come to be called "The people of the Plains". Their earthly green, flaxen hair resembles vegetation. With their large ears, they can hear even the faintest footsteps?of a mole.

People of the Desert

Dunesfolk

Large, domesticated livestock are made to carry the homes that the dunesfolk migrate and live in. They live with the movement of the soil, and are called the "People of the Dunes" among the Lalafell.?One of their unique features is that their eyes are enveloped by a protective clear film, which makes their eyes resemble a Crystal Ball. On their forehead, a jewel which represents their star of fate is affixed.

ELEZEN

Woodland People

Forester

For hundreds of years, this Elezen tribe have inhabited the deep green forests. They are proud of their hawk-like eyesight, and excel in archery. Nowadays, those who have adapted to city life or those who live a nomadic life in the plains often return to the woodlands.

Shadow People

Shader

For hundreds of years, the Shaders have inhabited dark caves. Developing bat-like ears, they can sense the enemy's movement by the rustling of clothes. Because of this, many Shaders excel in hand-to-hand combat. Turning to thievery in order to sustain their cave-dwelling life, they are despised by the forester as turncoats.

ROEGADYN

People of the Northern Seas

Seawolf

Known as "Seawolves", this Roegadyn tribe is feared as marauding pirates from the northern seas. Nowadays, the number of Seawolves who fare the high seas are becoming numerous.

People of the Crimson Flame

Lohengarde

Residing in the vicinity of volcanic craters, the Lohengarde are a tribe of Roegadyn who are faithful in the "Gates of Hell". They are called the "Gatekeepers of the Flame" . Not only are their bodies hard and tempered, their "fire-walking" asceticism allows them to nurture the qualities of magickal ingenuity.

Credits go to Lumokai of Allakhazam for translating this.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".

Comments

• SoulSurferSoulSurfer Member UncommonPosts: 1,024

I'm happy, I get my old face back, you guys better not copy me!  XD

sub races ftw~!

and woot subligar is teh bak! =D

• Second2LastSecond2Last Member Posts: 40

Exciting news, it's frustrating that we have to translate any new information relevant to XIV though. Where's the NA love.

• RajenRajen Member Posts: 689

Does this mean the Elezen will be based out of Gridania?

The new music sounds nice, I personally like it a lot better than the battle theme they had up. Hoping for more info on Gridania soon. D:

• mcaveymcavey Member Posts: 13

here's a link that shows visuals on the difference b/w races.(in English)

http://www.eorzeapedia.com/2010/03/30/japanese-official-site-update-new-clan-information/

• lynxielynxie Member Posts: 103

I like this!

I now already know I get even a harder time to make a choise.

And I wanted to concentrate on 1 character in FFXIV...

In FFXI  I had 4 characters, I liked them all for their own reason, but I couldn't decide which one to focus my play on...

In the end they all were 30+ in at least 1 job, and 1 had all subjobs unlocked, but all my friends were 60+ with their 1 character....  

I need more information and pictures. I really need to chose 1, but SE won't make it easy for me...

• SmatthewsSmatthews Member Posts: 67

I love how each race has 2 groups that look they will have different features.  I wonder if each will have different stats?  The lore behind all of them looks very cool, I can't be more exited for this game.

• AlbytapsAlbytaps Member Posts: 208

Originally posted by Smatthews

I love how each race has 2 groups that look they will have different features.  I wonder if each will have different stats?  The lore behind all of them looks very cool, I can't be more exited for this game.

It does sound like different stats!  Interesting!