Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tell Me All the Bad Stuff

13»

Comments

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

as someone who almost exclusively pvp's, this is indeed enough to discourage me from buying the game. shame, because it is quite beautiful, but it just doesnt have the meat to back it up.

/sigh. back to WoW and sc2 beta. blizzard does it again. hopefully DoWII gets balanced soon and  Global Agenda gets more content.

• DarbiiRueDarbiiRue Member UncommonPosts: 832

Originally posted by sonoggi

as someone who almost exclusively pvp's, this is indeed enough to discourage me from buying the game. shame, because it is quite beautiful, but it just doesnt have the meat to back it up.

/sigh. back to WoW and sc2 beta. blizzard does it again. hopefully DoWII gets balanced soon and  Global Agenda gets more content.

Sorry to bum you out. I mean, its only a few dollars to buy the game and then $15 for a 60 day card, but... I just felt like it's impossible to beat one of these people. On the newbie island, Tortage, it's a perfect example as to how many may actually be using it. In White Sands & Underhalls you have no chance once these ganker guilds find you. Firstly, they run in packs, secondly, people ungodly low will be after you and you can't seem to do much to them.

Call it skill if you want, but I think they're using programs. I played a Bear Shaman exclusively in that game. I understand how to fight with one and the mechanics of them. I've killed people three to five levels higher then me, WITH SKILL. These people don't have skill, they just have programs doing all their combos for them and blocking them from me doing anything to them. It's blah.

• IKShadowIKShadow Member UncommonPosts: 783

Originally posted by DrunkWolf

oh man the 3rd party apps go way past that to,  there was a program that spread threw this game like wild fire on the pvp servers.  it let you basicly solo anything in the game, you could gear out all of your characters in a week or so of raiding by yourself.  it let you see people who are invis, this program did alot of things. was funny because most people who i thought were legit players and just good at pvp turned out to be using this crap. it sucked even knowing about the program because everytime i died i would think to myself...i wonder if he is using it......

Sorry but this is one big bullshit.

People whine about 3rd party apps mainly because they just need to l2p.

When it comes to 3rd party cheats people have no clue how things works thats why so many get scamed by keyloggers etc..

There is a standard cheat (memory hack ) for most of MMO's incuding AoC that will allow you to move faster etc...

However you WONT do any more damage, you cant have more HP etc.. as all that is calculated server side.

Futilez[Do You Have What It Takes ?]

• MuntzMuntz Member UncommonPosts: 332

l2p is the standard response when anyone calls out cheats. It is hard to tell if a majority of the calls for hacks are l2p or real cheats. What is fact is there has been 3rd party tools for this game that work almost from the begining. Further FC doesn't police there game they rely on the players. They make it even more difficult because you have to petition, which seems to take typically +1 hour for a GM to show up. By that time there is nothing to investigate. Proving someone is hacking in game is extremely difficult and the system for doing so is hugely flawed.

As for soloing raid mobs well it could be possible. Using something I've seen in game, I have seen players walk through walls. A nice coding bug that a 3rd party tool could exploit. Doesn't seem like FC was able to fix this or if they did they were mighty slow about it. So say if I'm a necro and I hang out in the wall safe from the boss. I let my pets do the work, casting more as needed,  I might be able to solo the raid mobs. It would take time for sure. Seems like someone who enjoys hacks could come up with a more cleaver way then poor old l2p me :)

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701

Originally posted by IKShadow

oh man the 3rd party apps go way past that to,  there was a program that spread threw this game like wild fire on the pvp servers.  it let you basicly solo anything in the game, you could gear out all of your characters in a week or so of raiding by yourself.  it let you see people who are invis, this program did alot of things. was funny because most people who i thought were legit players and just good at pvp turned out to be using this crap. it sucked even knowing about the program because everytime i died i would think to myself...i wonder if he is using it......

When it comes to 3rd party cheats people have no clue how things works thats why so many get scamed by keyloggers etc..

There is a standard cheat (memory hack ) for most of MMO's incuding AoC that will allow you to move faster etc...

However you WONT do any more damage, you cant have more HP etc.. as all that is calculated server side.

it seems to me like YOU have no idea how these 3rd party apts work.

i knew many people who used them in AoC, i think the program was called AoCbuddy or somthing like that. showed all invis players on mini map, let you complete raids by yourself.

and did they ever fix the buff stacking ?  or does everybody do it now so it seems ok ?

when you say L2P that is so funny to me, i played that game since beta and new all the ins and outs to all the glitchs and hacks in that game, you probably just have no clue how bad it really is.

• MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712

i knew many people who used them in AoC, i think the program was called AoCbuddy or somthing like that. showed all invis players on mini map, let you complete raids by yourself.

and did they ever fix the buff stacking ?  or does everybody do it now so it seems ok ?

when you say L2P that is so funny to me, i played that game since beta and new all the ins and outs to all the glitchs and hacks in that game, you probably just have no clue how bad it really is.

What you say is true, but its how bad it really WAS, while I cant say theres no exploits around anymore, its not like this anymore.

• tharkthark Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

Originally posted by Iceice
    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/272582/FURY-EU-in-meltdown.html
    There is a link to another thread, looks like they still cant fix some major problems after almost two years

Yes yes it is me your favorite anti AoC/Funcom poster here, but hey he asked for it.

Aside from the few fanatical posters who defend this game to their dying breath because they probably subbed for a full year and are begging people to play it with them or they are hired posters by funcom to do damage/quality control, here's the real deal.

The game is very very very very linear. Yes the zones are beautifully rendered, but to me it felt like I was walking down a one way corridor compared to most other games. Everything seemed so instanced, and lacked a complete sense of freedom and exploration. 

People still complaining about red latency spikes? Guess what they have been complaining about that since beta, and its been hundreds of thousands of people, its not your PC, its the game. It runs like crap. No my PC doesnt suck thanks. 

Very little end game content, all of which was very easily exploited by many people before it was even 'opened to the public' as certain wings where closed off , but the walls could be walked through and all bosses soloed. Even had it worked properly the end game mechanics do not hold a candle to real pve games.

Funcom will consistantly tease you with 'upcoming features' that sounds great, but they either never come, or are implemented in a half ass fashion and are usually so buggy they break more than they fix. 

Numerous billing errors used to occur, an extra month here or there after you canceled, mabey it got fixed, but they burned alot of people.

Sooo many original content features still have never made it into game, and so many of what they promise I doubt will ever come either. Good luck on seeing your pvp towers anytime this year, mabey christmas if your lucky, even then they will be broken , buggy, or exploited for at leaste a month, you cannot deny this due to the companies track record.

When the game was first released you used to be able to mouse over certain abilities and it would say something like 'Nano blah blah ' or some other stat place holder that was from Anarchy Online. Really poor programming job as they didnt erase all of the text from Anarchy online and some of it carried over, so some of my stats used to read as some space age sci-fi crap. 

Tortage is the bait, the rest of the game fails, is boring, dead and uninspired. Yes the graphics are great, and if thats all that matters to you, then knock yourself out. So many games offer so much more depth and creativity, unless you want to level alts in the same way/manner/fashion , you will find end game in Age of Conan is trolling the forums. 

There is a reason 700,000 people quit the game and did not come back.

Wait until you see how empty the game really is after Tortage. New people? you mean new alts running around , or a bunch of unsubbed people. 

There is a reason their own forums are dead, and full of negativity if the posts dont get deleted. 

There are a few people who do nothing but flame people who speak bad about this game, they are either like I said Funcom employees somehow or paid by the company to give the company a better image, or again like I said a few people who think the graphics really are all that matter, paid for a year sub and are mad they dont really have a bunch of people to play with ( well mabey they do now as havnt you all been funneled into 1 server by now )

This company is full of lies , false promises, and undelivered material. 

I was part of beta. I did play the game for nearly a year. I was in the guild that created the first guild city, took place in the first battlekeep sieges, I was on tyranny, I did go out and try and PVP every day. 

Yes my posting history is mainly that of a negative slant toward this game, but its when people like you ask questions and I feel I should tell you from long personal experience dont buy into the marketing and tortage. If I bought a car and the dealer/manufacturer said it went 120mph and when I went to drive it it only went 80mph, I'd tell every single person that asked about the car how it was a lemon and not what it was promised to be. 

Its not a PVP game, its not really a PVE game, its just a game. This you cannot deny, as there are easily 5-10 games on the market that outclass this game easily in each catagory alone. Every feature they have  added to this game has been exploited both pvp and pve wise, so have fun sitting around a campfire role playing yearing for those golden days that are just on the horizon because the new game developer promised so! 

As you played the game a year, A whole YEAR, you struck me as a really odd fellow , if you dislike a game as much as you described above, there is something wrong...

If anyone customer subscribes for a service a year, a whole year, then that customer is part of the games successful side, so I did not buy one single comment in your article..

You are just burnt out and pissed at FunCom for some unknown reason..Maybe the reason is that you actually played a year and actually enjoyed yourself, and now you got tired of the game, so you had to get back on someone ? Whatever the reason you are an odd fellow, Im sorry :)

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701

Originally posted by Velera

What you say is true, but its how bad it really WAS, while I cant say theres no exploits around anymore, its not like this anymore.

that is good to hear, because when i played it things were really bad. but im glad if they have addressed the cheaters because it was really driveing alot of people to quit. 

• IKShadowIKShadow Member UncommonPosts: 783

Showing invisible players should still work as its just a flag in memory that character is transparent and it should work in ALL MMO's that have stealth chars.

Buff stacking was bug where player would buff him self then reset his feates and take skill again and use buff and here NO 3rd party app was needed and you 3rd party app could not do that anyway as its serverside.

Completing raids was possible until they added check if character is glitching over walls and running to fast, now if you do that and yes 3rd party application will allow you to go thru wall bud in next second server will rubber band you back.

All iam saying is that in 90% of cases when people scream cheater is only because they lack the skill to play their character,

Futilez[Do You Have What It Takes ?]