Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Naruto mmo??

xcerebrusxcerebrus Member UncommonPosts: 41

Anyone heard anything? There was a rumor rolling around about one possibly coming out but nothing concrete.

Comments

• ShaneAviariaShaneAviaria Member Posts: 17

No, but there is a TON of content they could use for sure. Spells/weapontry/clans/towns... lots of factions and quest bases. 

• donjoedonjoe Member Posts: 27

Well if you think about it, Naruto does have all the necesary components for a good mmo. It has story, it has different villages and clans, some are allies and some are not. You hace different clans in each village, each one with different abilities. Ninjas do have ranks and they need to do missions in order to progress in their profession, and they use those missions to train themselfs so they can learn new skills.

There is also class quests or missions, with tournaments for the best.

I am huge fan of Naruto and i would really like to see an mmo of this series, and i really think it could be a nice one, not like the failed DBZ in Korea!

• xcerebrusxcerebrus Member UncommonPosts: 41

I agree,  I just hope if it ever does come true that a decent company picks up the game and runs with it. I'd hate to see a fail with a story like narutos.... so much depth to work with and so many pvp possibilites .... "sigh"  back to my shaman... lol

• TazuwukeiTazuwukei Member Posts: 45

While I agree a Naruto themed MMORPG would have great potential; what's so special about Naruto?

Naruto = characters that use different types of skills/abilities to subdue their opponents, CC, or heal/buff their allies.

Missions = quests

Go play WoW or some crap, it offers everything you want in a MMORPG that a Naruto MMO  would offer.

If they did make a Naruto mmorpg, it would be the same old mainstream WoW clone piece of crap like DBZ was.

• KlyernKlyern Member UncommonPosts: 29

^  UBER noob troll

Has Xfire with no hours on WoW and he is telling other ppl to go play it like he's some fanboy when he never even played it before (most likely)

If he where a fanboy he'd have at least 100 hours registered, he doesnt even have 5

Go **** hate naruto/anime somewhere else and get a life.

PS: Yes the naruto IP is surprisingly extremely adaptable to the morpg genre when you think about it. maybe the entire game could be raid oriented while offering some instanced missions on all ranks, that way you capture the spirit of the ninja wars perfectly while giving a good way to train on the side if you cant cope with raids.

• NueshaNuesha Member Posts: 41

http://www.naruto-abunai.com/

this one is fan made, not released yet it's been in the works for over a year (probably more).

• laokokolaokoko Member UncommonPosts: 2,004

I'm not going to try any fan made MMO using other IP's. 

They dont' have the copy right for Naruto, they'll get shutdown anytime.  Kind of like what happened with fan made pokemon online.

• NodkexNodkex Member Posts: 3

I Am Not A Fan Of Naruto and Neither watch the anime or have watched it in a long time but reading this it would be a worthwhile MMO and Would Be Something i would play so if it dose come out PM me i would gladly play it

• LoboMauLoboMau Member UncommonPosts: 395

That would be a dream come true!

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649

Naruto no.

Naruto Shippuden yes.

Actually, no - neither.

I neither want to play a kid nor a teenager.

Adult characters in a similar setting, yes.

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• frxsuperiorfrxsuperior Member Posts: 6

Actually I like the Idea. But on the likes of you can't play an existing character. There just there for support or as NPCs. At the start instead of choosing classes, You get to pick a clan and you will get that clan' abilities. e.g. choosing Akimichi clan will give you the bubun baika abilities. I like this idea. image

• rconderconde Member Posts: 1

Yeah and make it like a real map where in you can dodge attacks and such. I kinda like the idea. also your character progressing 3 years ahead like the shippuden part.

The truth lies behind that door

==>

• paterahpaterah Member UncommonPosts: 578

First thing that comes to my mind is actually wait for Blade & Soul since it's the only mmo that has the ninja type thing and is highly anticipated. I know it's not exactly the same, but if you would enjoy a naruto mmo then you might also enjoy this one.

I just hope that NC Soft doesn't screw up this time. Aion was not a failure, but definitely didn't apply well to the western market.

• SweetZoidSweetZoid Member Posts: 437

Yeah ive said i want to make an naruto mmorpg,have very nice ideas. Posted them here on the forum once i think.

• qwertysandsqwertysands Member Posts: 4

this would be cool..if they make naruto an mmo.

• jmanibogjmanibog Member Posts: 5

Yeah this is going to be one hell of a good game if this becomes an mmo. Starting from no rank nins earning up to jounins or even hunter nins. Going to be nation vs nation.

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Not for me thanks. There are other Manga IPs I would prefer to be made into a MMO such as: Black lagoon, Slayers, Record of lodoss war, Rosario + Vampire, Enchanter and Loui the rune soldier. The Manhwa faeries landing would also be interesting.

Narutos world isn't really good enough for a full blown MMO.

A Black lagoon MMO would be really cool, that I would play. But maybe it would work better in a FPS styled game. I do however fear that we would get the same crap as many so called manga games from Korea, some competent jap, EU or yank company would have to make any of these games to make it good.

I so far never played a fun game from Korea or china, everything seems to be grindy crap (I havn't played everything so I could have missed something good of course).

• romsotromsot Member Posts: 3

Never read Black lagoon before, Is this just a manga or does this have an anime version? Im currently looking for a good manga to read. Gonna check this out and ty for the info.

As for the OP, I think that this would be a good MMO, not that great to rival the WoW status, but good enough to consume ones time over the net. Being a naruto fan, Im ok if there will be an mmo or not. Feeling neutral about this idea.

• FeverfewFeverfew Member Posts: 120

If they do make one I just hope they won't be stupid and try to use "the trinity" like DBO did -.-

They'd try to turn one clan into a tank, one a DPS, one an AOE guy, one a healer, etc. 

It wouldn't be necessary for a few reasons, one reason being that the missions would surely(hopefully) require 2 more people(for a total of 3) anyway. 

• viietboiviietboi Member Posts: 3

*drools* how i'd love to play this game if it ever came out

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by Feverfew

If they do make one I just hope they won't be stupid and try to use "the trinity" like DBO did -.-

They'd try to turn one clan into a tank, one a DPS, one an AOE guy, one a healer, etc. 

It wouldn't be necessary for a few reasons, one reason being that the missions would surely(hopefully) require 2 more people(for a total of 3) anyway. 

Agreed. I rather have them stay away from classes as well (as long as everyone play a ninja). The clans could work a bit like races in other games, giving every clan certain features and skills, and let the player pick the rest themselves.

A Naruto MMO would have to have a rather different and more complex combat system than most MMOs to really work. 

• WreckoniingWreckoniing Member UncommonPosts: 279

clanvsclanvsclanvsclanvsclan wars ;)

• MysticBeastMysticBeast Member UncommonPosts: 46

Originally posted by dbstylin34

clanvsclanvsclanvsclanvsclan wars ;)

LMAO so true!! :) 

Im a huge Naruto fan and would love to see it made into MMO, but it would have to be carefully made to stay true to the original series that people love. And i think NCsoft should be the one making this game into MMO seeing what they are doing with B&S they would know what  to do with naruto

• IamAWESOMExIamAWESOMEx Member Posts: 11

It will be cool to have a Naruto MMORPG like dragonball online

the characters are divided by  human, majin and Nemics

and in Naruto it may divided by nation..

This discussion has been closed.