Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Heroes of Might and Magic Online(MMO)

flaZhflaZh Member UncommonPosts: 144

Let's send the suggestion out there, and try have them make it. Will be like normal Heroes of M&M, just with levels, experience, a big big world. Factions in there already, or make it FFA. Defend your castle, have friends help.

I know it's a turn-based game, but all RPG is really turnbased. But you don't really notice it in other games, besides the gamecreators need a challange.. No really!

Do you think this could be a cool game, or have more suggestions, please post :)

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Originally posted by Scorchien

Do you mean this

http://mightandmagicheroeskingdoms.ubi.com/en/

Never knew this existed, finally a reason to give a browser based game a try.  Thanks for sharing the link.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

There is another product launch coming very soon that is an MMO based on Heroes of Might & Magic.  I cannot say much else at the moment, but you only have to wait about a week or so from what I understand image

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I have never been intersted in the Heroes versions,i am actually playing Mandate of Heaven right now #6.Amazing that such an older game could have a MUCH better feeling of open ended game play,than modern MMORPG's .I personally like turn based games,they are relaxing,and much more thinking than a simple button masher,heck even Wow is just a 1-2-1-2 button masher.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Originally posted by Wizardry

I have never been intersted in the Heroes versions,i am actually playing Mandate of Heaven right now #6.Amazing that such an older game could have a MUCH better feeling of open ended game play,than modern MMORPG's .I personally like turn based games,they are relaxing,and much more thinking than a simple button masher,heck even Wow is just a 1-2-1-2 button masher.

Same here.  I played the original RPG Might & Magic games and loved them.  Ultima, Wizardry and Might & Magic more or less defined my childhood! 

One of my best memories was playing the Clouds of Xeen / Darkside of Xeen (M&M IV and V) and linking them together.

Ah, the good old days...

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Originally posted by Admin

Same here.  I played the original RPG Might & Magic games and loved them.  Ultima, Wizardry and Might & Magic more or less defined my childhood! 

One of my best memories was playing the Clouds of Xeen / Darkside of Xeen (M&M IV and V) and linking them together.

Ah, the good old days...

Out of all the early RPG's, Might and Magic and the Heroes series were always my favorite and I played every single one of them.  (more than once) The linked together features of the Xeen series was great and I loved the lore.  (Remember using graph paper to map your locatation in the game world, that was old school)

So glad to hear there is perhaps another online title pending, I'll keep my eyes open, and I'll check out this current game to keep me occupied in the meantime.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by Kyleran

Ah, the good old days...

Out of all the early RPG's, Might and Magic and the Heroes series were always my favorite and I played every single one of them.  (more than once) The linkin features of the Xeen series was great and I loved the lore.  (Remember using graph paper to map your locatation in the game world, that was old school)

So glad to hear there is perhaps another online title pending, I'll keep my eyes open, and I'll check out this current game to keep me occupied in the meantime.

When I played Wizardry 7, my friend and I created a single grid paper map for the entire world that must have been 30-50 pieces all taped together.  It was like twice the size of my room...totally insane but impressive at the same time.  I spent like 1.5 years exploring that game world.  I'm suprised my parents did not have me commited - lol.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• mklinicmklinic Member RarePosts: 1,976

Out of all the early RPG's, Might and Magic and the Heroes series were always my favorite and I played every single one of them.  (more than once) The linked together features of the Xeen series was great and I loved the lore.  (Remember using graph paper to map your locatation in the game world, that was old school)

hah, bringing back memories. I think the MM series was one of the first PC games I really got in to. I think I was running it on a 386 or something equally as impressive :P.

I enjoyed the series up to 6 and the Heroes series was entertaining, but I sorta lost track of what's been going on. The last thing I really saw was the Dark Messiah game on the consoles (maybe pc too?). Ahh, nostalgia and a chance for a game maker to put a crack in my rose-colored glasses...

-mklinic

"Do something right, no one remembers.
    Do something wrong, no one forgets"
    -from No One Remembers by In Strict Confidence

• SimsuSimsu Member UncommonPosts: 386

There is another product launch coming very soon that is an MMO based on Heroes of Might & Magic.  I cannot say much else at the moment, but you only have to wait about a week or so from what I understand image

Good stuff. Looking forward to the announcement.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963

Ah, the good old days...

Out of all the early RPG's, Might and Magic and the Heroes series were always my favorite and I played every single one of them.  (more than once) The linkin features of the Xeen series was great and I loved the lore.  (Remember using graph paper to map your locatation in the game world, that was old school)

When I played Wizardry 7, my friend and I created a single grid paper map for the entire world that must have been 30-50 pieces all taped together.  It was like twice the size of my room...totally insane but impressive at the same time.  I spent like 1.5 years exploring that game world.  I'm suprised my parents did not have me commited - lol.

Now thats real gamer stuff ;)

• AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504

Do you mean this

Never knew this existed, finally a reason to give a browser based game a try.  Thanks for sharing the link.

On first glance it appears to be another Travian clone.  Not terrible, maybe -- after all I'm playing another recent "let's use our IP to sell Travian clones" game called Lord of Ultima -- but time will tell if the gameplay is markedly different from Travian's rather degerenative gameplay, which is summed up as:

• Big Fish win.

• Be an early adopter to be a Big Fish.

• Alternatively, pay money to accelerate your pace to be a Big Fish.

• Also, join a big alliance to be a Big Fish.

The HOMM game seems to have some fancy UI improvements similar to Freesky Online (which LOU lacks sadly), but appears on first glance to have the same core gmaeplay.

To be clear, the reason I label this type of gameplay "degenerative" is that doing well has very little to do with player skill and is primarily about pursuing the 3 factors that make you a big fish (early-adoption, paying, and alliances.)

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• flaZhflaZh Member UncommonPosts: 144

Absolutely not. No browser-based. Where's the soul in that?

Looking forward to the announcement tho! xD

Do you mean this