Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

City of Heroes: Demon Summoning Powers List, Media

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

NCsoft and Paragon Studios released the official version of the Demon Summoning trailer shown off at PAX East yesterday. Today, we've got some additional details to share with you, including the full powers list for Demon Summoning, background info, and a smattering of screenshots and concept art.

Read below for a brief overview of Demon Summoning:

The Demon Summoning power set imbues Masterminds the ability to tap into the abyss and conjure seven different types of elemental demons, each with its own unique themed attacks. Demon Summoning lets a Mastermind wade into the thick of the fight with elemental demon henchmen instead of hanging back and attacking at range. Demon Summoning is a primary power choice for Masterminds and is the power set of choice for Desdemona, one of the City of Heroes Going Rogue™ signature characters.

The hellfire whip and the seven elemental demons--Fiery Demonling, Cold Demonling, Hellfire Demonling, Ember Demon, Hellfire Gargoyle, Demon Prince, and Living Hellfire--are what sets Demon Summoning apart from other Mastermind primary power sets. The hellfire whip, dealing fire and toxic

damage, reduces its target's resistance with searing, torturous hellfire. Unlike typical Mastermind attacks, hellfire whip attacks (except Corruption) have a much shorter range. Crack Whip and Lash with a hellfire whip have a longer range than melee attacks, but much shorter range than ranged attacks. The fire-, cold-, and hellfire-based attacks of the demons provide a variety of secondary effects.

The full powers list for Demon Summoning includes:

• Corruption

• Summon Demonlings

• Lash

• Enchant Demon

• Crack Whip

• Summon Demons

• Hell on Earth

• Summon Demon Prince

• Abyssal Empowerment

It's been awhile since I've analyzed powers based on their icons, but it appears that Hell on Earth may be a Gang War-esque ability (they share the same icon). Summon Demonlings are of course your minions, Demons are your lieutenants, and the Prince is your boss. Corruption (single target) will be a long ranged attack, though Lash (single target)  and Crack Whip (cone) will be much shorter range. Enchant Demon and Abyssal Empowerment are your pet upgrades.

You can view the new Demon Summoning screenshots in our City of Heroes gallery.

Comments

• Nightbringe1Nightbringe1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,335

Well, not only am I going to turn my current mastermind into a vigillante, l'll be rolling a new one with demon summoning.

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
    Benjamin Franklin

• NeoDodgeNeoDodge Member UncommonPosts: 42

This mastermind will be my first Praetorian. Possibly my first "Resistant" too. Now what secondary with that ? Fire, maybe ?

• AxeionAxeion Member UncommonPosts: 418

Originally posted by NeoDodge

This mastermind will be my first Praetorian. Possibly my first "Resistant" too. Now what secondary with that ? Fire, maybe ?

Fire or dark meshia would be good.Which i like the aoe heals of the dark power set my self for my thug /dark mm.Realy helps wonder if their a squishy as thugs?An if they will have a buffer like the bots.

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." — Robert E. Howard, The Tower of the Elephant (1933)

• DrowNobleDrowNoble Member UncommonPosts: 1,297

Going to wait for xpac to go live so I can make my Demon Summoner be praetorian.  Not sure if I'll be a good or bad guy yet, but I'm sure I'll have a few levels to decide.  As for a secondary, probably leaning towards dark myself.   Maybe storm summoning as it looks like some of the demons are using ice attacks.