Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which current MMORPG has the best graphics?

Comments

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by xS0u1zx

Apparently you can't read.   Why don't you re-read the post I quoted....Thanks

Sceenshots indeed do lie...

1) You can use ingame screenshots with textures unavailable to regular player.
    2) You can use screenshots form places that are well made while the rest of the game is nothing like that.
    3) You can use screenshots from pre-rendered cinematics, not being actualy from the 'ingame'.
    4) You can use the perception to make the game look better same way as any movie director use camera to create an atmosphere.

etc.

There are dozen ways how to make the game look better than it actualy is.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

best!warhammer online!

• scars87scars87 Member Posts: 234

I'd say Eve-Online, they keep upgrading it and will continue to.

Unlike some games *cough* *cough* ....World of Warcraft *cough*

• DataDayDataDay Member UncommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by dRedawg

I'd say Eve-Online, they keep upgrading it and will continue to.
    Unlike some games *cough* *cough* ....World of Warcraft *cough*

You are joking right? World of Warcraft has fairly consistent updates and upgrades, there is however only some much you can change to a game, its engine and much of it depends on the size and system. EVE is impressive, but if you consider how the game is made... its very cheap. Cheap means they can push specular maps maybe even normal maps into the meshes and use higher rez textures... because there is actually very little high poly worlds to render. In fact, because the game is point and click, it cuts down even more on the processing requirements. If EVE had real time flight controls and much more content in any given space, you would see WoW like graphics. Games have their technical reasons why the graphics have to be the way they are.

Trust me, if most MMORPGs could get away with specular and normal maps as well as higher poly meshes they would, but its just not possible with current technology, rather the people who use it. Not everyone gets the newest tech, which is part of the problem. It will be a good day indeed when MMO's can handle without lag or framerate drops, full specular and normal mapping, detailed meshes, AND hardware tesselation (which is also being put in the next Direct X update), which will create much more depth, material detail..ect

• HydhraHydhra Member Posts: 32

Well the best GFX ive seen in a game have to be LOTRO.

DAoC/GW/Lotro/WoW/WAR/Rift/SWTor

• MystixalMystixal Member UncommonPosts: 21

Originally posted by jdedeaux

Runescape , hands down.

you gotta be kidding me lol, no way does that have the best graphics off ALL time.

OzGames

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

Age of Conan looks the best currently. No contest.

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

Age of Conan.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

• OriousOrious Member UncommonPosts: 548

Yeah... AoC has no contest.

• holzingerholzinger Member UncommonPosts: 5

Age of Conan.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181

Originally posted by drbaltazar

best!warhammer online!

MMLOLIRL. Really? They just now managed to put in a patch to keep armor colors from being blurry and overlapping.

Last I played it limited animation rate of distant characters no matter what.

The game has so much potential, but they won't let you turn up the settings.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• DEATHRAMENTDEATHRAMENT Member UncommonPosts: 701

AOC no question.

• Moya.baMoya.ba Member Posts: 48

Aion

Age of Conan may have the better graphics in theory... but it just feels like it is made without any love. I just don't get "that" feeling Aion,WoW or Guild Wars gave me by just looking around and feeling that every tree is there because they wanted exactly this tree to be at exactly that point.

Age of Conan just feels like the thought " we have the best graphics in the business, we don't need to look at the details"...well they probably didn't but it just feels like that to me.

Sorry for my english ;)

• JpizzleJpizzle Member Posts: 371

Originally posted by DEATHRAMENT
    AOC no question.

^This

• abyss610abyss610 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,131

for enviornments i think Vanguard is the best, but like EQ2 the character models look like utter crap. not the armors but the faces/hair what not as others have said looks like plastic dolls.

for character models i'd say AoC or Aion depending on what style you like better.

me personally i like character models better than scenery, i mean i have stopped and just looked around in Vanguard because it looked so good, but the character models are just too off putting for me.

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

Eve online

I don't care how the game is made, its freaking stunning.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677

Age of Conan (AoC) has the highest detail level graphics. This really is not really in question. However, "best graphics" brings personal taste into play. I actually like Aion's graphics a touch more because of the colorful anime style.  

• abyss610abyss610 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,131

Originally posted by Blank300

Originally posted by Mellow44

I would have to say Everquest 2 Graphics over all, the weapons, armor sets look amazing, dungeons to monsters are really well rendered.

You must be kidding me...

The faces looks like plastic and the hair looks like toothpaste.

The animations are jerky and the armor sets looks bad overall.

The best graphics right now?

Aion without a doubt but it's a grinder.

Then your computer must be a pile of crap, because the games graphics are amazing, and I don't recall hair looking like toothpaste LOL, unless your running older graphics. Upgrade your system try it out, and then come back and say if it's crap or not, each to their own. Yes I do agree Aions graphics are nice, from a anime point of view and if your into cartoons.

no its deffinitly not the computer i see what he's talking about and i play eq2. the only hair style i've seen for males that looked decent is the braid one it does look fairly realistic. wich is why sadly every character i ever made has the braid hair style. go make a 1/2 elf male and give him a hair style other than the braid you'll see the "hair made of toothpaste" he's talking about, specially the spikey styles. and teh faces and skin look like plastic no detail or definition, i always turned the age up on my characters to try and give them a little detail to the skin but it just looks like they had really bad achne as a kid.

i run the game on second to highhest, i could run on the top one but it chugs a little but turned it up to see how it looked, the character models don't look any bettter. and i'm talking just the characters not the armors, the armors do look very good they just really need to update the characters themselves.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181

Originally posted by abyss610

Originally posted by Mellow44

I would have to say Everquest 2 Graphics over all, the weapons, armor sets look amazing, dungeons to monsters are really well rendered.

You must be kidding me...

The faces looks like plastic and the hair looks like toothpaste.

The animations are jerky and the armor sets looks bad overall.

The best graphics right now?

Aion without a doubt but it's a grinder.

Then your computer must be a pile of crap, because the games graphics are amazing, and I don't recall hair looking like toothpaste LOL, unless your running older graphics. Upgrade your system try it out, and then come back and say if it's crap or not, each to their own. Yes I do agree Aions graphics are nice, from a anime point of view and if your into cartoons.

no its deffinitly not the computer i see what he's talking about and i play eq2. the only hair style i've seen for males that looked decent is the braid one it does look fairly realistic. wich is why sadly every character i ever made has the braid hair style. go make a 1/2 elf male and give him a hair style other than the braid you'll see the "hair made of toothpaste" he's talking about, specially the spikey styles. and teh faces and skin look like plastic no detail or definition, i always turned the age up on my characters to try and give them a little detail to the skin but it just looks like they had really bad achne as a kid.

i run the game on second to highhest, i could run on the top one but it chugs a little but turned it up to see how it looked, the character models don't look any bettter. and i'm talking just the characters not the armors, the armors do look very good they just really need to update the characters themselves.

This. EQ2 characters are ugly...

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• MystixalMystixal Member UncommonPosts: 21

Games to look out for graphics wise,

Project E;st - Cryengine 2

Arche - Cryengine 2

both games look amazing.

OzGames

• Azntranc3Azntranc3 Member Posts: 169

In terms of character graphics.. Aion! In terms of.. backgroudn graphics.... AoC!

• DespizedDespized Member Posts: 43

Character models: AoC by leaps and bounds.

Beautiful and immersive environments: Toss up (for me) LoTR and Vanguard.

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372

AoC wins easily

• KanjibacKKanjibacK Member Posts: 21

I'd say for me would be Aion.

• HYPERI0NHYPERI0N Member Posts: 3,515

For graphics i expect more from them than pollygon count effects etc. For me its more about art style and if it delivers a great and [semi] realistic world to have fun in.

EvE definatly fits this definition of mine. To begine with the art style is great with each race and factions ships and stations looking different and still good to look at architecture wise [exept the moa...yuck]. And the game world with a spinkling of asteroids planets stars as terrain surrounded by lots of empty space is both just right and realistic.

Also to those who keep on complaining about empty space in EvE - what do you expect in a SPACE game? Trees rivers and everything REALLY close together?

Another great example of Moore's Law. Give people access to that much space (developers and users alike) and they'll find uses for it that you can never imagine. "640K ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates 1981