Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Healer Class for Groups?

What class is these days best healer class for groups (=most wanted)?

PoM? Shaman? Something else?

Why?

Going to try this game soon again month or two and don't want to play my nerfed barb anymore.

EDIT: I have absolute no interest to PvP in Conan - so please don't event start writing answer if you are PvPer.

"I know I said this was my last post, but you my friend are a idiotic moron." -Shadow4482

Comments

• IKShadowIKShadow Member UncommonPosts: 783

Depends what group you have.

If you have a lot of rogues especially rangers go with BS because of his stamina regen.

If you have demo's, necro's take ToS in group etc...

Futilez[Do You Have What It Takes ?]

• MightyQuackyMightyQuacky Member Posts: 14
    well DT is not a healer :) i cant help u in more than that cuz im still lvling :)
  • MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712

As IKShadow says it really depends on the group, for melee BS is probably the best, for ranged POM or TOS will do, they can all get the job done tho, but if your melee the stamina regen is just lovely.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

DT is a tank/dps

if you like mele combat then go with BS. imo it's the funnest healer because of the combo system which is really what makes AoC different. on top of that BS requires quite a bit of micro maneging which keeps you constantly pushing buttons and watching cooldowns. A BS must dps in order to heal and therfore has to be in the middle of the fight in order to do anything, you can't sit back and heal efficently from a safe distance.

if you like casters better and dont wnat to have to worry about combos or range then PoM is the purest of healers in AoC. it's role is 80% healer 20% dps. the main purpose of ToS is healing, and it's style is much more of a defencive healer. if you like to sit at the back of the group and pretty much only heal then this is your class. not to be taken lightly a good PoM is very hard to kill.

if you want to be a healer but also want to dps then ToS is your choice. ToS is more of a  60% heals 40% dps kind of class. of course it all depends on what  spec you have but in general ToS are a much more offencive healer then PoM. ToS has a lot of ranged damage as well as AoE so you can either sitt back and heal or also run in and dish out some very good damage.

All 3 classes can heal a 5 man group by themselves with the right healing build, and all 3 classess are just as wanted for raids. having sed that PoM is probably less played because of it's lack of offencive abilities. imo BS is still the funnest but that's just because i like having to micro manage wile executing combos.

• Skatty2007Skatty2007 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 231

I voted BS because of it can regen stamina and health from procs whereas the tos and pom cant.  In my opinion it has the best debuffs too.  Personally I find the BS more fun to play than the other healing classes in PvE because of the combos that the bs has.  The pom and tos are mainly 'cast spell, wait for cooldown, cast spell again' when attacking.  Not that I'm saying they are boring, they just play more like a caster and don't take advantage of the good melee system AoC has.

As for the pom not having any offensive abilities?  I've seen some poms get near the top of the dps parse.  For a healing class, they actually can be very very deadly if you spec them right.  Usually it means giving up some healingdebuffing prowess, but that's the beauty of AoC in my opinion - the same class can have multiple builds that can serve different needswants based on the likesdesires of the person controlling it.

I do think the bs can be a bit tough to play in the beginning, but like a good wine, it gets better with age.

My 2 cents.

I'm not creative enough to have a signature

• TSWBETAROGSTSWBETAROGS Member Posts: 196

I second that PoS will be the one there will be fewest off as they take a bit longer to lvl upp, due to less damage than the others.  In a raid group there will be need for all of the different healers.  Most players have alot of chars sow in a guild to move around some charracters there should not be a problem getting room for a PoS.