Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SW: ToR for 360 confirmed today?

2»

Comments

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Online auction for 15 year Bioware anniversary?

SO WEAK

• duari91duari91 Member UncommonPosts: 34

I highly doubt that they will be releasing the game for consoles. I have worked for blizzard, rockstar, and double helix. Each developing company told us that a PC/console release MMO was a no no. Not because it couldnt work, in fact im sure it would work. The money involved would be monumental in the least sense. That said...that doesnt mean they arent, or they wont develop it for console. Bioware has a lot of money to spend, but judging on the fact that they have already spent a lot of money thus far, they most likely wont. If they want to do a console MMO, they would have to wait until after the PC version has released. If this game makes enough money, they will do a console. If it doesnt, then they wont. 

• duari91duari91 Member UncommonPosts: 34

Originally posted by greed0104

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6254333.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;1

Nice find! Like I said above TOR most likely wont reach console right away, but maybe after its released on PC.

• IIRLIIRL Member Posts: 876

Despite what any review say... Dragon Age kicked as on xbox, it felt dumbed down and easier on the PC for me since everything was instantly accesible. But on the Xbox360 it felt way more immersive.

Also playing the game in a more comfortable way on a big screen is also one reason.

I would love to play ToR on xbox over the PC.

I CREATED MYSELF!
    <3 "<Claus|Dev> i r pk"

SW:TOR|War40K:DMO|GW2

• Vagrant_ZeroVagrant_Zero Member Posts: 1,190

Let's put this one to rest folks: 

I know many of you have heard this before but I'll go ahead and reiterate it for those of you who may be new:

Star Wars: The Old Republic is currently being developed for the personal computer (PC) using the Microsoft® Windows® operating system. While we recognize that there are other operating systems and platforms available for games today, our development is specific to the personal computer using the Windows operating system at this time.

As to why The Old Republic is on that list, we have no idea but to allay any confusion, we should not be on there.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=2692412#edit2692412

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

As long as my PC version is neither delayed not dumbed down I dont care.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

It wouldn't surprise me..  TOR looks like nothing more then a sci-fi version of Dragon Age with online co-op'ing..

(note to self)  Do not buy SWToR when it first goes live.. wait and read..  I did that with STO and I'm now $50 richer.. LOL