Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a new solo possible fantasy mmo

hollenthonhollenthon Member UncommonPosts: 1

As it says im trying to find a new mmo to busy myself with which is not 100% party/grouping dependant, both leveling and dungeon.Althou teaming is the main purpose of the genre, most of the time i find it frustrating to wait for groups and to relly on others will or skill to progress.Timezone is another thing hindering further.So i would appreciate any suggestions for a solo friendly game.

Comments

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649

Are your expectations to be able to do all the content and get all the loot by playing alone as you would in grouping?  Or would you be satisfied being able to reach the level cap easily by yourself as your time allows?  Would you want to be able to grind kills if the mood suited you, run quests, and do things outside of combat?  Might need a little more information.

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

Age of Conan comes to mind for fantasy.

There is some content that really requires a team, but as far as I can think of, none of it is mandatory. You can certainly level easily solo; there is no shortage of quests and you easily out level the quests you pick up.

Also, AoC has classes that are very soloable. To name two examples, Dark Templar and Bear Shaman, both are sort of hybrid classes. DT is basically an off tank, but has its own evil healing abilities. BS is more principally a healer but can swing a two handed blunt and has related melee DPS skills. Just two examples I have personal xp with.

Just one idea, there are many other games I'm sure...

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

Originally posted by hollenthon

As it says im trying to find a new mmo to busy myself with which is not 100% party/grouping dependant, both leveling and dungeon.Althou teaming is the main purpose of the genre, most of the time i find it frustrating to wait for groups and to relly on others will or skill to progress.Timezone is another thing hindering further.So i would appreciate any suggestions for a solo friendly game.

your not searching for a mmo then !your searching for a mo

what part of massive didnt you get!

massive says it all !it means massive battle!

nobody say massive server since nobody care about that lol

imagine this

massive server of chess player1

yep game is massive billion of player play chess

but it doesnt make it anything else then a mo

multiplayer online

there are ton of those!wow,eq2, bunch of other!

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

World of Warcraft, 'nuff said...

RIP Orc Choppa

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 37,004

Originally posted by hollenthon

Has there ever been an MMO that was 100% dependent on partying-up/grouping?

Older titles like EQ and DAOC relied heavily on grouping, but you could still solo to cap.  FFXI, and DDO were very heavy grouping games at launch, but these days there's lots more content  catering to solo play.

Most days you could swing a stick and be hard pressed to hit anything but solo friendly MMO's, so again, what exactly are you looking for?

Ability to run all content completely solo? Then single player games are more your style.

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• zeowyrmzeowyrm Member Posts: 746

Originally posted by arctarus

World of Warcraft, 'nuff said...

This.  Or maybe the new Blade and Soul: Warband.