Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW or EQ2?

124»

Comments

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

Originally posted by girlgeek

Originally posted by Rockgod99

HAHA!!! I just realized this was in the EQ2 forums.

No wonder its so one sided.

I wouldn't have bothered posting if i noticed that earlier.

Hmm....kind of like every damn thing you see in your WoW forums huh? 

Yep, the only way to get a real debate going is to put these vs thread up in general (pub) forums.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Originally posted by page

Originally posted by Kilmar

Both games are good but the difference is that if you play EQ2 your gonna have to play by your self.

Your not welcome it the clicks that eq2 has. They will let you into their guilds, they will answer all of your questions. But they will not help the new players  !!

I can prove it, SOE sold millions of copies yet there are only a few thousand players, were talking about three thousand. Do a /who for every level on each of the popular servers and count for your selfs...

This is why EQ2 sucks, the game itself is good.  Crafting, housing, dungeons, raids it's all their, but what good is it when your all alone lfg at level 23 and no one to play with ?

Honey if you think EQ2 only has 3000 players....I'm sorry, but you're delusional or grossly misled. You do realize that /who has a limit to the number of people it will even list, right? Just the same as if you /who in WoW.

Furthermore....my characters are level 63, 53, 31, and then down from there, and I RARELY "have" to play alone. I'm in a level 36 guild, too...not a level 80 guild.

So while I am sorry for YOUR experience there, I will tell you that that experience varies, not only from person to person, but from server to server.

With the mentor system of EQ2, you never have to level alone. Everyone can set their level down to yours. The mentors get xp and (even more important) AA xp. There are even NPCs for mentoring down and quests specially for mentors.

After Aion, some of our guildies came back after years of abstinence and started a new character in EQ2. I saw them grouping all the time (not just among themselves) all the way up to lvl 90.

My last experiance with EQ2 :

I went in their with the best of attitudes, telling myself that I will be om my best behaver and be very social.  After all how can this not work.  I'm sure many have tried this idea of breaking in, making friends and fit in.  What I got was a lot of verbal help with many guilds, sticking with them and really giving them a chance.  But the straw that broke the camels back was the last one.  I found a guild with many low and mid level players that were active a few evenings.  I fund many of them online and asked if I could join them.  What I got was that they told me they were working on their AA's.  I asked them if I could just come along and just help them do some fighting and I'll stay out of their way.  What I got in return is a list of players that I could play with they should be on soon, this list were players that have not logged on in weeks.

People mentoring down are only doing it to help their alt's, that's it !

At my job I met someone that had been playing EQ2 for years.  He told me that the game blow es every other MMO away, and is the GM for his guild.  He had me sooo convinced to give EQ2 another shot.  I asked what server and his players name and all of a sudden he changed his tune, by telling me that he has an elite guild and it may be a problem finding others to help me.  He seemed to turn cold and with some hesitation he gave me his players name and I could tell I was not welcome.

This is how EQ2 is.......This is why EVERYONE LEAVES SOON AFTER JOINING.  As I say the game is great, it's the players and their clicks, everyone with mmo experience thinks they can break the ice and thinks they can be unique, and it most never works.  The real numbers prove it. Yes you can use the LFG tool to count the players, sure they are limited to only show 100 players but If you do it for a few days in a row, you really get a feel of how low the player base is.

Once again....I'm genuinely sorry your experience was the way you SAY it was.  However....mine has been nothing even remotely like that at ANY point.  So it makes me wonder if it was just your server (I'm on Everfrost which is lowish pop during the day, medium at night ~U.S. time~ and every now and again high on weekends).  Most of the people on Everfrost seem to be adults with jobs during U.S. day hours, but...there are a lot of people from other countries on at other hours of the day.

Antonia Bayle is a ridiculously busy server. So is Lucan D'Lere. Most of the servers are medium pop, those two....always high.

Everfrost is a very friendly server. I've never had one single person FROM EQ be rude or unkind, and everyone has always been helpful. I've never had problems finding groups for things. The very few times anyone was snarky or nasty, they were commenting in channel 1-9 chat and more often than not it's been the "WoW this, WoW that" WoW immigrants whining about something. And yes....I think sometimes EQ2 players get ANNOYED with that obnoxious crap. So if anyone wants to call that "being snobby," then I guess we are.  You could say the same for Fallen Earth and other games that are presently PLAGUED with people who have left WoW. I will NEVER understand why people leave one game and then go to another and expect it to be like the game they left.  If you loved your previous game so much and it was SO AWESOME....why leave it?  I don't get it. (That comment isn't to you, page, but rather a general comment to WoWWhiners.)

So....page, I'm sorry you didn't have a good experience in the game, but....a lot of people do. That can be said for every game. Not every game is meant to satisfy EVERY player. That is why there are many different games. You just have to find the one that "fits" you best.

And to the OP....if you ever roll on Everfrost...look up Nox Incendia guild and give me a holler!  I'll quest with you wherever you want and I'm on daily. I love mentoring....more AAs for me and helps other people out too!  You'll find a LOT of people think that way, regardless of what SOME other people claim to experience.  So....good luck to you on whatever server you roll on and may you find a fun crowd to hang with!  Adults that don't act like teenagers...tend to do just fine in EQ2 (yeah....snobby comment...for our snobby game). LOL ;)

Oh....and on EQ2 server population....here's a list, by server. Use the drop down menu to see international, PvP, RP, and other servers, as they've been conveniently divided so you can see what most EQ2 players prefer, and decide where you want to roll if population is important to you. If you notice the servers are down (while I'm editing my comment here) it's because we're in a one hour update at the moment.

EQ2 Server Population

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

HAHA!!! I just realized this was in the EQ2 forums.

No wonder its so one sided.

I wouldn't have bothered posting if i noticed that earlier.

Hmm....kind of like every damn thing you see in your WoW forums huh? 

Yep, the only way to get a real debate going is to put these vs thread up in general (pub) forums.

This is TRUE. 

• DarbiiRueDarbiiRue Member UncommonPosts: 832

I have played both WoW and EQ2 since launch, both on and off of course, but I've played them both.

Personally, I used to love WoW but ever since they put in the dungeon finder, I find it a bore. You log into the game, park yourself in Dalaran and queue. Then its this never-ending process. Queue, Fight, Done, Queue, Fight, Done, Queue, Fight, Done and Log. The problem here, is that these people you're queuing to party with, 90% of the time they don't even talk and even if you liked partying with them, you can't be friends because they're on another server and currently there is no cross-realm friend list and even if there was, you still can't technically go questing with them or anything, probably only dungeons.

No one even asks for groups anymore in general/LFG. Guilds, hell, its as if they don't even exist for anything other then a social aspect or an occasional raid. I hear they're putting in a raid finder too, so I doubt that will matter much soon enough.

When it comes down to it, I find that while EQ2 and WoW have a lot of similiarities (and lets not kid ourselves folks, MMO companies steal ideas from each other all the time and SOE is just as guilty as Bliz) but EQ2 far surpasses WoW in both content & enjoyability, FOR ME.

The thing about WoW is that from day one, you know you need to race to 80 and once you get to 80, its grinding dungeons non-stop to get gear to raid, and then its raiding non-stop to get gear to do other raids, to get gear to do future raids and then once you have that gear you log in once in a while when another raid date comes up or you do a bit of PvP here or there and then log anyway.

In EQ2, I don't have this horrible feeling of having to race to the top. I feel like I can enjoy the journey and level at my own pace. Sure, theres a level cap and the game is slightly top heavy, but because of the mentor system, this doesn't matter at all. Anyone can help anyone and anyone can go off and do whatever they want, and I appreciate that.

The crafting is incredibly in-depth compared to WoW where you have some items and you press a button and it magically creates that item and then you're done. EQ2's is more of a mini-game. Personally, I prefer Vanguards overall, but considering the game is caput at best, EQ2's is second best. Their harvesting, for me is fun. The ability to gain collections sends me on shiny hunts and overall, well I just seem to enjoy that better.

There is one large beef I have with EQ2 over WoW however, but even WoW has its flaws in this particular area. With the Guild Halls having so many amenities, I feel like the cities are kind of bleak and wanting for life. We can do whatever we need to via our guild cities and as such, its left the world a little barren, but... such is life.

WoW too, unfortunately suffers from this problem as well. Firstly, in my opinion, they should never have added cross-faction cities. It was much better with the original setup. Now I feel like we're supposed to be buddies who can't speak to each other. Secondly, because of places like Dalaran and such, having the ability to port to any of the other cities at the click of a button, the only reason anyone ever goes to Stormwind or Ironforge, or what have you, is because they need to use the AH. They use it and they go back to their spot in Dalaran. So in a sense, all the old cities are uninhabited for the most part (even though, in my opinion, their far superior in looks).

Anyhow, as an overall, I much prefer EQ2 to WoW, but everyone has their own opinion and well, this just happens to be mine.

• valkerusvalkerus Member UncommonPosts: 62

I have made the switch from Wow to EQ2 with the launch of the last expansion. My experience so far has been extremely positive. I enjoyed the time i spent in WoW also and i'm not so sure that the devs took the game in a direction i didn't care for but that i just ran my course.  As others have mentioned the games are not meant to last forever. I had five years in WoW and to me that's an accomplishment of itself because with entertainment my attention span is pretty short.

I enjoy things less and more about both of these games. I've found that heinsight being 20/20 i probably would have enjoyed EQ2 much more had i called it after vanilla wow. I think many of the sentiments are true that people have wrote but one of the biggest reasons EQ2 won my 15/month for a time is the community. Sure you occasionally have your ass's you always will but thats what the ignore list is for.  I am level locked at 25 with 40AA's and just enjoying the adventure. I found a small casual guild of people that fit my playstyles and we have fun.  Must say a feature WoW should steal is in game guild recruitment boards. 

My 2 cents is that WoW is king for a reason, it is a very accessible and polished game, i don't think anyone can argue that. But i also find it true that for once SOE devs deserve a "good job" for what they've done with EQ2 after a horrid launch. I will agree EQ2 is a bit of a hidden gem in the mmo market, that doesn't make it the best on the market, but a very nice suprise.

• rsrestonrsreston Member UncommonPosts: 346

EQ2 FTW!

You haven't played EQ2 long enough. EQ2 has so much more depth than WoW. WoW IS the 'carrot-on-the-stick' - EQ2 brings you a world filled with lore, a virtual world that is much more authentic than WoW's.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

This site is not even close to the population of EQ2 :

http://everquest2.station.sony.com/_views/servers/index.vm?type=Regular

Their IS NOT 223,635 members playing on Crushbone server,. not even close.

I'm not sure when this information was established, Nov 6 2004 ?

Is this site old crap ?

Is it how many people ever played EQ2 total ?

Where is Antonia Bayle on this list, was this server even established during this time line ?

If this list was a count back in 2004 why is it still an active web page, is SOE trying to fudge numbers ?

All I know is about two months ago I created a player on three of the most popular servers and the population REAL TIME DURING FRIDAY PRIME TIME  was dam low ! I've spent a few days using Crushbone, Antonia Bayle and one other popular server and during the day time they were less than 400 players, and less than 700 during prime time. I would guess their are less than 3000 people, and very safe in saying less than 5000 people playing EQ2 actively.

Yes I can't argue because the LFG tool cuts off at around 100 players ( cant remember specifics ) but if you play around with this for a few days you will find that the population is very very low. Add to the fact that there are only about 4 populated servers anyway.

Where are the millions that had cycled through this game.  Paying for the game and all its expantions... I know their gone !

You can prove this yourself using the LFG tool. Break it down by levels 1-10,11-20, 21-30 all the way up to max level.... All I ask is spend a few days doing calculations and you will see !

• raystantzraystantz Final Fantasy XI CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,237

last time I checked EQ2 was hovering at the 200k mark all said.

www.facebook.com/themarksmovierules

Currently playing:

FFXIV on Behemoth, FFXI on Eden, and Gloria Victis on NA. 

Is this site old crap ?

I have no idea.

ROFLMAO...uhm...NO. You obviously weren't around when EQ2 was released. I have tried to be nice in my replies to you, but you obviously have a hard on for dogging the game continually (that's considered trolling...particularly when you have no verifiable facts and have no time accumulated playing the game), when we're all well aware now that you "hate" it. You're not offering opinions based on fact, you're simply trolling to get responses.

Where is Antonia Bayle on this list, was this server even established during this time line ?

There is a drop down list of the other servers. Wow...I can't believe you missed that. Amazing. And AB and LD are both 2 of the original servers, among many others in all of the lists, including the server I play on.

If this list was a count back in 2004 why is it still an active web page, is SOE trying to fudge numbers ?

By all means let's start another WoW-esque conspiracy theory. /rolls eyes

All I know (YES...this is ALL you know...your own very SHORT experience...this part of your sentence, is the most genuine thing you've said) is about two months ago I created a player on three of the most popular servers and the population REAL TIME DURING FRIDAY PRIME TIME  was dam low ! I've spent a few days using Crushbone, Antonia Bayle and one other popular server and during the day time they were less than 400 players, and less than 700 during prime time. I would guess their are less than 3000 people, and very safe in saying less than 5000 people playing EQ2 actively.

You are so OBVIOUSLY trolling here, it's not even funny. I can't wait for someone to come along that has current VERIFIABLE statistics so that everyone will see you for the obvious troll you ARE. You have no facts, only your bias, and you haven't even played the game long enough to make any solid judgments on it whatsoever...which you admitted previously (as far as how little you played).

Yes I can't argue because the LFG tool cuts off at around 100 players ( cant remember specifics ) actually, I believe it cuts off at 60  but if you play around with this for a few days you will find that the population is very very low. Add to the fact that there are only about 4 populated servers anyway.

And "playing around" with it is your "evidence?"  LOL...Oooookay.

Where are the millions that had cycled through this game.  Paying for the game and all its expantions... I know their gone !

Boop....wrong answer. Not only are a lot of them still there, but people are coming over from WoW EVERY DAY....sadly...although some of them seem to at least have more than two functioning brain cells, so maybe that group of people won't be so bad. You can prove this yourself using the LFG tool. Break it down by levels 1-10,11-20, 21-30 all the way up to max level.... All I ask is spend a few days doing calculations and you will see !

You cannot "prove" anything using the LFG tool except how many people have checked the LFG option and are presently on LOOKING actively for a group at that time...those are the only people it lists. But I bet you didn't know THAT either, did you? Most people are NOT continually looking for a group. And that is the ONLY part of the population you're seeing there....the ones who have the LFG option checked and are looking for people to fill a party or someone to do specific quests with.

The LFG tool is not meant for, nor CAPABLE, of measuring the population of the entire server. MOST people use tools for what they're intended for....but I suppose you use a butter knife as a screwdriver and a 2x4 as a hammer, right?

Good gawd I have never seen such trolling in all my years on this site. RIDICULOUS. Talk about having almost NO FACTS straight AT ALL.

BY THE WAY.....is a population that is less than 11 million your nit-picking point with EQ2 now, since everyone has pretty much shot you down for everything ELSE you've said?  No, EQ2 does not have 11 million subs, probably 1 million or less across all servers and server types. Nonetheless, a lot of people (that's people, not sheeple) are enjoying it, it's obviously making enough money to keep SoE developing for it, and maintaining it, and the players that ARE subbed and enjoying it feel no need to follow 11 million other people like LEMMINGS simply because of a number.

• TheICETheICE Member UncommonPosts: 120

Eq2 is all about grind, You get to 80 then you have to grind AA's and gear, or you can't even do instances. Like someone else said they are clicks and if  you are not part of them you  are left out cold. Atleast in wow you just have to grind for gear. So play eq2 and get to 80 and you will see what i am talking about.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by TheICE

Eq2 is all about grind, You get to 80 then you have to grind AA's and gear, or you can't even do instances. Like someone else said they are clicks and if  you are not part of them you  are left out cold. Atleast in wow you just have to grind for gear. So play eq2 and get to 80 and you will see what i am talking about.

It is not that much work to get to 80 in EQ2. You do have to grind AA a bit to be popular in raids, and you also have to get at least expert skills, preferably masters as well as gear but I dunno if I would call it particularly grindy. Compared to Aion or many other it is easy.

But you don't need to grind to do instances except for the hardest. We have did a few with levels under the mobs, skills from the old tier and old shard armor from lvl 70 just after the expansion came out. It wasn't easy, particularly since our tank is playing the healer on a second computer but it was far from impossible. Of course had the tank T3 and T4 lvl 70 armour, that helped a lot.

If you want no grind your only alternative is Guildwars.

I prefer EQ2 myself but I think the OP should do a free trial of both games and decide which fits him best himself. Both have their good things and both have massive content.

EQ2 is far from a perfect game but it is still the one I have most fun in. But we are all different persons and the only way to find the one you like best is to try both.

A weekend each should be enough to get a favorite even if it takes a long time to see everything. Just listening to us saying our point proves nothing.

Oh, and I prefer the community in EQ2, people are generally older and more mature in EQ2 even if both games have all kinds of players. Also a personal preferance of course.

Is this site old crap ?

All I know is about two months ago I created a player on three of the most popular servers and the population REAL TIME DURING FRIDAY PRIME TIME  was dam low ! I've spent a few days using Crushbone, Antonia Bayle and one other popular server and during the day time they were less than 400 players, and less than 700 during prime time. I would guess their are less than 3000 people, and very safe in saying less than 5000 people playing EQ2 actively.

Yes I can't argue because the LFG tool cuts off at around 100 players ( cant remember specifics ) but if you play around with this for a few days you will find that the population is very very low. Add to the fact that there are only about 4 populated servers anyway.

You can prove this yourself using the LFG tool. Break it down by levels 1-10,11-20, 21-30 all the way up to max level.... All I ask is spend a few days doing calculations and you will see !

You actually can get an accurate count of players if you break down the lfg tool by LEVEL and CLASS.  I wish I did that when I played. It would take more time, but hay I would have done it.

Also don't forget the population could be a bit higher because of the release of the new expansion. This is SOE's way of tricking new players to  temporally get sucked into EQ2.....But it's always temporary.  The population always goes back down to the same old player base, after millions of copies sold.

I've been on mmorpg.com for years, and manage to stop by here to see new players come and go quickly.  It's always the same  " Hay everyone I just got EQ2 and it's great, crafting, housing, tons of classes "  only for them to fade away in the darkness after 30 days,,,,,,,,, time and time again. All because no one to play with in an mmo !

EQ2 is a good game yet SOE never takes any measures to fix it to keep players. Many things could be done, like HIGHLY recommending a new server for them, as in really push them in that direction. Thats only one example that I could come up with ,with out even trying. I'm sure SOE could come up with better if the cared, but I don't think they do, because it's more about the box sales than the player base. They don't feel like paying for the server time and band-with. Why should they, with millions of copies sold.

Vanguard is yet a better, more full game than EQ2.  The coding had come a long way since release, with a little more work it would run even better on less than great computers. If you feel like having fun read the forums on mmorpg.com for Vanguard, Its the same old same old.  People loving the game but no population cause SOE likes it that way. no advertisement, zero !

I have to go back to bed :)

...clipped....

You actually can get an accurate count of players if you break down the lfg tool by LEVEL and CLASS.  I wish I did that when I played. It would take more time, but hay I would have done it.

Again...NO, you can't. You can get an accurate number of people that have checked the LFG OPTION and are actively seeking a group at the time you check, and that...is ALL it measures. Yes, you can sort those people by class and level, but they are still ONLY the people that are "looking for group." You cannot "look for a group" with people who are not looking for a group. I can be on the server, and unless I HAPPEN to be looking for a group at the time, or HAPPEN to fit within the first group of people that /who pulls up....unless you're on my friends list...you'll never even see that I'm on the server at ALL.

Also don't forget the population could be a bit higher because of the release of the new expansion. This is SOE's way of tricking new players to  temporally get sucked into EQ2.....But it's always temporary.  The population always goes back down to the same old player base, after millions of copies sold.

I've been on mmorpg.com for years, and manage to stop by here to see new players come and go quickly.  It's always (anytime I see someone use the word "always"...I know they are exagerrating for impact) the same  " Hay everyone I just got EQ2 and it's great, crafting, housing, tons of classes "  only for them to fade away in the darkness after 30 days,,,,,,,,, time and time again. All because no one to play with in an mmo !

Zzzzzzzz.....

You see that with every game. You also see a lot of people that STAY. I started EQ2 in Apr 2004 and I'm still playing with a lot of the same people I was plalying with back then. There are some new "faces" as well, but a lot of the same people are there still too....just like with any OTHER five year old game.

EQ2 is a good game (Why do you keep saying this and yet having nothing at all positive to say about the game? Is this your attempt to manipulate people into thinking you're not trolling?) yet SOE never takes any measures to fix it to keep players. Many things could be done, like HIGHLY recommending a new server for them, as in really push them in that direction. Thats only one example that I could come up with ,with out even trying. I'm sure SOE could come up with better if the cared, but I don't think they do, because it's more about the box sales than the player base. They don't feel like paying for the server time and band-with. Why should they, with millions of copies sold.

Vanguard is yet a better, more full game than EQ2.  The coding had come a long way since release, with a little more work it would run even better on less than great computers. If you feel like having fun read the forums on mmorpg.com for Vanguard, Its the same old same old.  People loving the game but no population cause SOE likes it that way. no advertisement, zero !

YAY! I can understand why trying so hard to convince people that EQ2 sucks in every way, shape, and form...might be tiring. Sleep well.

This is the absolute last time I'm even going to bother responding to your comments. The majority of them have no basis in fact whatsoever, and I think responding to you is just encouraging your attempts to discredit anything good about the game regardless of any FACTS that oppose what you're saying. I'm not talking about opinion here...you're entitled to any OPINION you want to have, but to state things as FACT that are indeed NOT fact....is just an attempt to manipulate or troll.

The ignore option, in this case,  is probably going to keep me from getting into a lot of trouble. Because I definitely cannot SAY what I REALLY think.

• KilmarKilmar Member UncommonPosts: 844

Originally posted by TheICE

I wouldnt say that. Before SF, I was lvl 80 with 200 AAs. Now, after doing most quests and dungeons in SF, im already lvl 90 with 242 AAs. Now I have the time to next expansion for farming the last 8 AAs, not a big problem. Since you can get alot AA xp by doing dailies or going to BGs. In wow you have to grind for gear, in EQ2 not (I can soloheal every instance but Erudin palace yet, without having the best gear ever).

Some time ago, I started a trial wow account. Im playing healers since years and I wanted to try a priest in wow. But I remembered the stupid and neverstoping geargrind of wow and I quit already during the trial. THIS is, what grinding is. Not EQ2.

Is this site old crap ?

I've been on mmorpg.com for years, and manage to stop by here to see new players come and go quickly.  It's always the same  " Hay everyone I just got EQ2 and it's great, crafting, housing, tons of classes "  only for them to fade away in the darkness after 30 days,,,,,,,,, time and time again. All because no one to play with in an mmo !

EQ2 is a good game yet SOE never takes any measures to fix it to keep players. Many things could be done, like HIGHLY recommending a new server for them, as in really push them in that direction. Thats only one example that I could come up with ,with out even trying. I'm sure SOE could come up with better if the cared, but I don't think they do, because it's more about the box sales than the player base. They don't feel like paying for the server time and band-with. Why should they, with millions of copies sold.

If you care about the real population do a search yourself of real time players, it must be done over a several day period. YES it absolutely can be done ! .............You will find that the populations are real low, with most everyone at max level, you may find 2 or 3 at level 12,,,,, 4 or 5 at level 15 and so on,,,,, but most are max, so here is where you will have to split it up by class.

I would guess that over half the population are alt. of max level players, I could only guess at that, as the only gage of this is that IN MY OPINION half are either snobs or they simply ignore you. Hay you can even ask some of them if their alts. people are good at answering your questions, but playing with you is a different story.

I have to go to work :)

• raystantzraystantz Final Fantasy XI CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,237

I bought EQ2.. no need to keep this thread going, I've made my choice and happy with it.

www.facebook.com/themarksmovierules

Currently playing:

FFXIV on Behemoth, FFXI on Eden, and Gloria Victis on NA. 

• GrandVizierGrandVizier Member UncommonPosts: 72

Originally posted by raystantz

I bought EQ2.. no need to keep this thread going, I've made my choice and happy with it.

Thread locked.  Some of the posts are getting far more personal than it needs to be.  Glad to see you made your choice and are happy with it.  If you prefer one game over another, just keep in mind that not everyone will agree.

MMO sub numbers are very difficult to ascertain because they are never officially declared to be just active subs, or include trial accounts, or even inactive accounts.  Most companies try and give high numbers so it looks good, but purely optional parts of a game (such as a LFG option flag) will not give accurate numbers.  If only half the active subs select to activate it, then one will only see half of all active players.  On either side, swapping speculative numbers with fact will quickly results in flame wars or personal attacks that will have to be shut down with possible action being taken against account as appropriate.

"Asking permission is easier than asking forgiveness."

"Without power, one dies."

-State Pestage, Grand Vizier

This discussion has been closed.