Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gender Difference? Will girls have low str and guys have low Int? Can anyone confirm this?

mcaveymcavey Member Posts: 13

I was lookign for race differences in hopes to find that it would make little to no difference..which it does. 

However I found this quote on mutiple websites "Differences between races is rather minor but differences between genders will be more important."  What could that mean other than different giving each gender different attributes/abilities.

IMO if I want to play a male mage/healer or female tank/scout-I shouldnt be penalized because it isnt the "norm."  Are they trying to chase away players?   Ive played quote a few MMOs and this is the first I'm seeing a "gender" difference.

I hope that quote is misrepresented or I misunderstood it.

Comments

• MuruganMurugan Member Posts: 1,494

Even though you say you saw that from multiple websites it is likely just from one single bad translation.  Most of the "news" on the internet is just recycled from elsewhere, and it is no different for games.

It is the opposite of course, gender makes little difference but races will be more important just like it was in FFXI, and most other MMO's/RPG's ever made.

• RajenRajen Member Posts: 689

Originally posted by mcavey

I was lookign for race differences in hopes to find that it would make little to no difference..which it does. 

However I found this quote on mutiple websites "Differences between races is rather minor but differences between genders will be more important."  What could that mean other than different giving each gender different attributes/abilities.

IMO if I want to play a male mage/healer or female tank/scout-I shouldnt be penalized because it isnt the "norm."  Are they trying to chase away players?   Ive played quote a few MMOs and this is the first I'm seeing a "gender" difference.

I hope that quote is misrepresented or I misunderstood it.

The quote is probably just based on bad translation. There seems to be a good number of misconceptions based on translated Q&As. But, if it isn't then I can't say that I am shocked, it is a Japanese developer and aimed at a different culture of people. I honestly haven't seen that quote though, could you post up a link? I've only seen the first part of the quote about the races having very slight differences.

• mcaveymcavey Member Posts: 13

http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com/final-fantasy-xiv-f14/new-info-on-ffxiv-races-classes-areas-and-more-t994.htm

http://eorzea.blogspot.com/2009/08/new-info-from-famitsu-magazine-in-japan.html

but I also just found "At this time, I’d also like to dispel a rumor I’ve been seeing floating around the forums. Nothing in the interview or article says that character stats will be affected by the gender of the character. " from http://www.eorzeapedia.com/2009/08/07/this-week-in-weekly-famitsu-interview-info-included/

Guess well have to wait and see.