Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF game with Imersive quests

willo248willo248 Member Posts: 346

If anyone ever tried Runescape they will know what I mean, I know runescape has alot of haters and terrible graphics but thats beside the point.

Runescape has something no other mmo has in runescape the quests dont just consist of: "hay I have this bug problem can you go and kill 10 ants?" or "Hay I need herbs to make a potion please get me 10 herbs"  In runescape the quests consisted of riddles and other puzzles and maybe killing one boss at the end is there any other game with quests like these?

This is a example of what I would call a imersive quest http://www.runehq.com/guide.php?type=quest&id=0146

Thx In advance

Comments

• zeowyrmzeowyrm Member Posts: 746

LOTRO maybe?  I mean, yeah, they have your generic kill x of y and fedex q's, but they also have some very different ones as well, like the overarching storyline quests.

• DreathorDreathor Member Posts: 537

You already mentioned Runescape in your post, so the only other game that comes to mind is Lord of the Rings Online (The book quests).

"If all you can say is... "It's awful, it's not innovative, it's ugly, it's blah.." Then you're an unimaginative and unpolished excuse for human life" -eburn

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

I have most enjoyed the quests in Fallen Earth and Age of Conan. The writing in both is well done. Sometimes funny, sometimes tragic. There are typical kill 10 rats, but a lot of other mystery solving quests.

I am remembering one in Age of Conan that just gave me obscure 'follow the stars' directions and took me scratching my head and walking around the block (in game) for 10 minutes before I finally thought, maybe it is not someone I should talk too and noticed a symbol on a wall I could break down.

In Fallen Earth, I remember that some quests choices made it impossible to get other quests since you lost favor with an individual or faction. Also, there are long strings of quests that take you through multiple 'zones' (game is zoneless actually).

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

• willo248willo248 Member Posts: 346

ATM i'm playing FE I am enjoying but most of the quests are "track and kill" or kill x but i'm enjoying the crafting system and yes the quest storys are convincing in some cases. However LOTRO isn't really what i'm loking for ty anyways

• SozzalsSozzals Member Posts: 25

Age of Conan, for me, has had the most immersive quests in any MMO I've played to date.  The destiny quests in particular...