Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Resolution problems/ computer questions regarding the game

borockborock Member Posts: 42

Hello Everyone. I just downloaded the trial for Global Agenda and am really loving it. However the resolution is off, its at its highest setting but it is still far to blurry. I have to really squint in order to read the text in chat and tool tips. Is there anything i can do?

Here is the problem. my laptops resolution is 1366x768. it advertises on the stickers on it that it has a 16:9 HD LED display, but also has the option to go to 16x10 in most games (not sure which is better or what the difference is really, normally go with 16:10 since higher normally means better. correct me if im wrong there tho please). In global agenda, I set my aspect ratio to 16:9 because when I select the 16:10 option it automatically places it back at 16:9. also i there is no option for anything beyond 1280x720 no matter what ratio i select. I selected 4:3 ratio, just to see if it would allow me to go to my regular max resoultion but it also caps me at the 1280 setting. can anyone help?? its extremely frustrating, also any explanation on aspect ratios would be greatly appreciated.

I have a Geforce GT 130M 1gb. Windows 7. 4 gb ram DDR3. Processor    Intel Core 2 Duo CPU     T6500  @ 2.10GHz

any help would be appreciated

Comments

• borockborock Member Posts: 42

bumped

bump

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

Have you tried out all the aspect ratios? I get 1400X1050 in 4X3 ratio and in 16X10 1440X900, I guess you'll have to play around and see what's best? Looks fine on my monitor.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

ya ive tried out all the options. highest they all go to is 1280 setting. I dont get it.

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

some games have config.ini files, where when they dont allow proper resolution default settings you find where the res is set (that 1280xwhatever number) and change it to what you want, like say your preferred inherint desktop resolution.

i run my laptop at its default 1680x1050, so i run all games at this as well, when the game is stupid and doesnt default this for me i track down the config storage files and edit them (had to when i tried out ffxi ect)

it all depends on screen and what res it likes to make things readable at and the ability to mod the games settings to match!  good luck.

ps this isnt really programming or anything, its just changing an english config file to your desktop res (you click in the desktop area and click personalize or nvidia control panel or ati whatever and go into the details and youll see what your background is set to and you can mimmick that into most programs config files where the resolution is stored (you can find this by searching for the number 1280 if thats what the game is set to and input the desktop numbers in their place and save, i use wordpad to do this, just dont rename the file or change the .ini part))

alright. ill look for this file, its associated with steam so i hope i can find it alright. Thanks for the tip! ill get back to u if i cant find it or something else happens.

to find steam game files go to c:program files (x86)steamsteamappscommonglobalagenda

im assuming windows 7 puts x86 stuff in its own area like vista does, if not find your steam folder wherever they hide it, and globalagenda will or should have a config file in its surface folders, it should be in the same neiborhood as the .exe file.

if not, try googling global agenda config file or manual resoltuion setting for it to find out where they hid it!

used google and found out the skinny on custome settings!

so what you want to do is open that file in word or note pad or whatever 7 has for a text editor and find that resx and resy numbers in system settings and change them to your desktops native default numbers from your display properties and then save the file.  this thing i found is talking about playing windowed and borderless for alt tabbing ease, you can do that too if ya want, or you cant stick with full screen w/e its just a good guide to finding the x y settings and getting them too look good on your screen =)

ps if the game crashes alot or doesnt look right change the numbers back in the file your native res might be incompatible with the games engine, it wont damage anything but it might cause crashing or bad lookingness.

Make sure the game client isn't running.

Open up STEAMDIRsteamappscommonglobal agenda live ggameconfig gengine.ini in a text editor.

Find the section [SystemSettings].

In that section, find the line Fullscreen=True and change it to Fullscreen=False.

Also in that section find the line Borderless=False and change it to Borderless=True.

If you haven't already adjusted your resolution in-game before, you can set it here as well - look for theResX=#### and ResY=#### lines and change them to the width and height of your screen in pixels.

found the file and everything. Do i have to modify all of these files in order to change the res or can i just change the actual resolution numbers? resx and resy i mean

the resx resy numbers are the 2 to change to your desktop native.

right. but do i have to turn off borderless and full screen? or can i just adjust the resolution numbers?

nevermind, i changed it. thank you so much for all your help.