Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Games Into Movies

ThriftThrift Member Posts: 1,783

I was just wondering what games would you like to see get made into a movie,
I would want to see:
Zelda
Starcraft
Prince of Persia
Maby a Diablo moive if done right

I heard that the Doom movie they are making is already a fail because its not even based on Mars, also I heard that Doom is going to be a first person moive to...image

Comments

• FinweFinwe Member CommonPosts: 3,106
    Kings Quest & Police Quest. Baldurs Gate series.

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didn't exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"If a mother can kill her own child, what is left before I kill you and you kill me?" -Mother Teresa when talking about abortion after accepting the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979

• PimpslayerPimpslayer Member Posts: 205
    image I would want to see a Warcraft movie, that would OWN.

----------------Signature------------------
    Can someone please make me a sig. I would like it to have something to do with an eagle(the bird) Somewhere near the eagle can you put the words "Global Defense Initiative". Could you also have the line "If you can't buff up, don't step up!". Thanks!

Private Message me about it!

• ThriftThrift Member Posts: 1,783

Originally posted by Pimpslayer
    image I would want to see a Warcraft movie, that would OWN.

Meh, you can say its been done... Lord of the Rings has everything warcraft had
  • 92165449216544 Member Posts: 1,904

I always wanted Silent Hill, and now they are doing it.

• stone-seraphstone-seraph Member Posts: 376

a good final fantasy movie would be nice, metroid would no doubt be awesome also.

Make of it what you will.

• SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

I actually liked the FF movie, it wasn't great sure, but it was entertaining. And I've heard that a Metroid movie is being done by John Woo, who I've disliked ever since he started doing American movies, which for the most part suck.

Movies I'd like to see? Although it's already close to a movie, I'd love to see a Devil May Cry movie. That could be so badass.

I'd also like to see the Chrono Trigger anime series come to america, the anime sequences is the FF Chronicles version of CT are pretty damn cool.

I'll take this opportunity to express my extreme hatred for Uwe Boll...

--------------------------------------

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

Ack! SD you stole my picks. I was gonna say exactly Chrono Cross and Devil May Cry.

Also, a Final Fantasy movie that is actually FANTASY. (Advent Children is doing it, they better not screw it up.)

But the ultimate best movie of all time would be Curse of Monkey Island if it was made, hands down.

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

I'm looking foward to the Halo movie....or a movie with the same story as HL1

• Ken`ShieroKen`Shiero Member Posts: 289

PlanetSide would make a preety good movie from game also would COH or Final Fantasy XI. PlanetSide would kind of resemble Starship Troopers at least a little. City of Heroes would go well with all the super hero movies coming out (Fantastic 4 looks fantastic).

And FFXI well..... all the cool professions and with the Final Fantasy (Spirits Within) being a big hit in my book anyway would be great to come out with another one.

Just some thoughtsimage

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

Xenosaga movie with another story, yet with the same toons.

Kos-Mos & Shion always make a great duo, you can add whoever you want with them, althought I would prefer Ziggy, anyone would work with those 2.

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043

Devil May Cry could make an AWSOME movie, as long as the directors that have made all the current video game movies stay 1000 miles away.

• jayheld90jayheld90 Member UncommonPosts: 1,726

i think starcraft would make a great movie.
    the elder scrolls series could make a awesome movie, and i think if they did a final fantasy movie that was oriented towards thier games (which would make more sense) it would be awesome. not knocking the spirits within which i loved, it just wasnt what i expected. also, prince of persia has an awesome storyline they could work with for a movie.

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

metal gear solid was the only game that sucked me into the storyline..

it was basically a movie with a bit of gameplay, that would be an awesome movie.

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Wing Commander!

Oh wait, they already tried that one ::::06::

hmmmm, after the D&D movie I honestly have shivers at night thinking of how they could destroy a movie that is based on a computer game. But if any, I would probably say Morrowind.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• ThriftThrift Member Posts: 1,783
    I would like to see a Devil may Cry moive image
  • PerekPerek Member Posts: 49

Dig Dug. 'Nuff said.

• RavenStJRavenStJ Member Posts: 309

blood rayne... ummm playboy mansion,

• punchlinepunchline Member Posts: 544

what about prince of persia? i think that would be a great action movie with a decent story line
    but the question is who would play the main character?

• VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

No one else will sugest this but Armored Core series for PS2 i think is a 10 times better mech combat game then mechwarrior or anything else.

Also devil may cry, maybe kingdom hearts(would make funny anime movie)

GTA???????? maybe it would be funny but it would be like lots of 80's movies

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

• DuckyDucky Member Posts: 413

Bard's Tale's (all of them!!!)

Giants: Citizen of Kabuto

Fallout!

Fallout2!

Fallout3 (not out yet, but it'll make a good movie i am sure!)

Originally posted by Xclipz

I was just wondering what games would you like to see get made into a movie,
    I would want to see:
    Zelda
    Starcraft
    Prince of Persia
    Maby a Diablo moive if done right
    I heard that the Doom movie they are making is already a fail because its not even based on Mars, also I heard that Doom is going to be a first person moive to...image

the original doom doesnt take place on mars. the original doom has very little story but here is a 30 second summation of it.

Hell invades earth through ships and portals, marine defends earth buys time for people to flee, goes through portal and wrecks hell.

doom 2 takes place on mars i think but it had thin story too.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

• EPDJEPDJ Member Posts: 130

hmm...

the FF movie didnt have to do with anything related to the game to be honest... unless i just cant remember it well..

for games.. it would be Chrono Trigger... and Macross ( yes it was a game made off of the anime.. but still a game... would be wierd to see it as a movie =p... )

Secret of Mana would be interesting... ( though it would be extremely wierd how they would do it... )

• XzaroXzaro Member UncommonPosts: 1,719

Originally posted by EPDJ
    hmm...the FF movie didnt have to do with anything related to the game to be honest... unless i just cant remember it well..

Let's be honest here, do you even know anything about the FF series?

NONE of the games are related to each other.

• RasukeRasuke Member Posts: 362

Not a single one. Every movie I have ever seen that was based on a video game has blown. Mario Brothers? Scuked. Tomb Raider? Sucked waaaaaay more. Resident Evil. They both were really stupid, the first more than the second. History teaches us that games make crappy movies, yet companies pursue to make them because of that extra buck from the fanbase of the game/game series.

If there was one game that might make a good movie... I guess I'd have to say someone's NWN module, because it can be tweaked to make a decent movie...

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot FF:The Spirit's Within. I wish I could truely forget that movie forever but it's burned into my brain... It has to be pretty much the worst movie I have ever seen (including The Village.)

-------------------------------------------
    image image image

well tomb raider i just have to say didnt suck, it wasnt great but it didnt suck. but the only reason video game based movies suck a lot is because they diversify so much from the games, but whoever said NWN modules would be good is right. but which ones?????