Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sounds like a wise decision

Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

This isnt intended to be a news-dump thread, but an honest question about the delay decision.

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/39574-release-update-mortal-online.html

Sounds like a wise decision, doesn't it?  To forgo a premature launch.  With so many strong supporters of this game claiming that more time is needed to address issues like desync etc., it seemed like a sensible decision.  Obviously, there will be the usual detractors, but there were so many more other games I had wished were delayed but weren't. 

So personally, I don't see this as a bad thing as the community still gets to contribute, progress continues and the game doesnt launch as commercially available without much of the polish it needs.

Comments

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

The only reason I could see anyone having a problem with this. Would be the possibility they don't get to gloat with their "I told you so" post, they had planned for the future. Complaining that a company actually is attempting to fix an issue before releasing their game, makes no sense what so ever, unless said poster had an agenda a decision like this conflicts with.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

Nice to see they're doing the right thing and delaying until the desync is solved, in the meantime I can still play the beta :)

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis