Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

if you are looking for a key to the remaining BWE's click here

talesintalesin Member Posts: 113

Ok the last BWE's are for preordered beta players only, so please dont watse your time asking for friend pases, they wont work.(i think)

If you want a key then go buy a preorder pack, i mean you can get them from ebay for $1, is that too much to pay?

Before you ask i know there are problems getting keys outsides of the states and to that I say: Tough.

i live in the UK and I had to shell out £30 to preorder and purchase the game though an importer, so if I can so can you.

If you like the game, then pay up and play it, if you are interested, then please read the posts in the forum about the game instead of starting a new one asking about it, and if you like what you read then cough up the cash and I'll see you all online. in fact i'll go you 1 better i'll ive you a guided tour, can't say fairer than that eh?

i dont want this to sound like a moan I'm a nice person really, i would just like to avoid havng tne forum flooded with pointless requests for keys and "is this game good" polls again.

ok moan over. ::::20::

Comments

• XardasteoXardasteo Member Posts: 159

I dont like saying this........ but u got a point there ::::36:: ...........

......... ::::15::::::15::::::15::

*::::21::Slowly crowling back into his moisty hole......::::21::*

Grtz,

Xardasteo

Leader of the MindRebels Alliance

Our Guild & Forum
    -----------------------------------------

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Originally posted by talesin
    (...) i mean you can get them from ebay for $1, is that too much to pay?(...).

Its too much since its most likely already used up codes. For any game that uses accounts (Half-Life2 ALL MMORPG:S) dont bother with e-bay, since its a ripoff.
    (You can shrinkwrap stuff yourself quite easy so dont go by that).

• HieromancerHieromancer Member Posts: 282
    umm, i got two off ebay both unused, very fast transaction.
  • Invincible37Invincible37 Member Posts: 172
    friends passes will work.they just wont be holding any more fansite contests or giving them away in magazines.and if they do the number of keys being put out will be alot more limited then previous betas
  • cooldevocooldevo Member Posts: 371

There will be NO friend passes or giveaways. The last two betas are exclusively for those that preorder. Check out the Guild Wars website and you will see that they say exactly that. Also, if you preorder, they will be opening the game up to preordered people a few days before release, and the chars made will not be wiped. So you can get a head start over everyone else in the game.

If there are questions, the best place is to go straight to the proverbial horse's mouth, at Guild Wars If they say something, might as well believe it, as they are the makers of the game.

• talesintalesin Member Posts: 113

Originally posted by Xardasteo
    I dont like saying this........ but u got a point there ::::36:: ........... ......... ::::15::::::15::::::15::*::::21::Slowly crowling back into his moisty hole......::::21::*

to be honest i didnt like saying it either, but i felt that it needed to be said if you know what i mean

• Devil21Devil21 Member Posts: 74
    teehee ive got a friends pass
  • Gats2k6Gats2k6 Member Posts: 190

he next Beta Weekend Event will begin at approximately 12:01 a.m. PST (08:01 GMT) on Friday, March 18th. As you probably know, February's BWE featured a new area of the Guild Wars world: The Kingdom of Ascalon, before The Searing. As we prepare for the March Beta Weekend Event, we will add to and polish all the regions of Tyria, expanding quests, working in new art assets, the user interface, and much more. In March we will also be presenting new content related to player-versus-player gaming. As always, we will look forward to feedback on our fansite forums, and we welcome your comments, suggestions, and bug reports.

March Access Key Information

The release date for Guild Wars has been announced. Guild Wars will have a simultaneous shipping date of April 28, 2005. We will offer just two more Beta Weekend Events, which will start on March 18 and April 15, 2005. For these two events, we will no longer be offering free access keys through websites or magazines. The only way to be assured of participating in upcoming Beta Weekend Events is to pick up a copy of the Guild Wars Preorder Package. If we do offer keys through a few select fansites contests, they will be extremely limited in number. We will post any information about fansite contests on this page.

We look forward to seeing you in Guild Wars on March 18th!

that is what was said on guildwars.com i assume friends passes will work they have not confirmed if it will or not. also previous beta keys still work i have the preorder but friends pass used up but my bro doesn't have it preordered and as soon the beta weekend ended i gave him an extra cd key i won offa another contest (won 3 contests :P 3 have been given away already) it worked and if this works a friends pass should work

• zigiezigie Member Posts: 7

Is the Friends Pass in the preorder package good for just one friend and one weekend?  UPDATED!

Yes, you may invite a friend to join you during one Beta Weekend Event. Those friends who subsequently preorder the game and obtain the preorder package will also receive an invitation for a friend to join one Beta Weekend Event.

The March and April Beta Weekend Events will be held exclusively for players who preorder Guild Wars or for those who have an unactivated Friend's Key.

the above is a quote taken right from a Q&A sheet on www.guildwars.com

• cyrdaancyrdaan Member Posts: 60

Originally posted by cooldevo

7 Also, if you preorder, they will be opening the game up to preordered people a few days before release, and the chars made will not be wiped. So you can get a head start over everyone else in the game.

That was not the best way to put that now it makes it sound like there won't be a character wipe from your beta charactes. There will be. And htey will allow preorders a day in before the release so April 27th.
  • devilman9889devilman9889 Member Posts: 24

Originally posted by zigie
    Is the Friends Pass in the preorder package good for just one friend and one weekend? UPDATED! Yes, you may invite a friend to join you during one Beta Weekend Event. Those friends who subsequently preorder the game and obtain the preorder package will also receive an invitation for a friend to join one Beta Weekend Event.
    The March and April Beta Weekend Events will be held exclusively for players who preorder Guild Wars or for those who have an unactivated Friend's Key.

Nice, My friend can play next BWE woot... haha, i honestly thought that only the pre-order codes would work, not the friends pass's.