Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xsyon..... Scam or not ?

PrayrPrayr Member UncommonPosts: 267

What could be the best feature list I have ever seen in a sandbox MMO, just might turn out to be too good to be true. For several weeks I have been following a new title that has come out of no where. Xsyon. When reading the feature list it simply amazed me that a team had put together a game that a lot of gamers have been looking for. As the time for the preorders to get in game came closer and closer it was finally announced there might be a delay with the preorders getting in game. Now that time has come and gone. For almost a week now the forums have been crying with pleas of new information and the silence from the dev's has continued. Now the talk of a scam is running crazy across the gaming sites. Here is a quote and link from the latest input from the community.

"Just want to point out, I am not mad about this. The problem is, we know absolutely nothing about the game. Everytime we ask for a new screen shot, the devs answer with "we do not want to hype the game." We started discussing that in IRC, and everyone was coming to the same conclusion that its closer to a scam than it is actually real."

http://www.xsyon.com/forums/6-general-discussion/8658-qstop-the-scam-talkq-in-irc-or-you-get-devoiced

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

There is no such thing as a scam unless you spend money on it.Anyone that forks out money before there is a released product,deserves to get scammed.It is just foolish handling of money,wait until the game is released then go out and buy it.

Personally i think the game is definitely legit,but that doesn't mean i would fork out any money until i get enough information to decide IF i want to play it.IMO i don't really like the combat structure,i see it as attracting a very limited player base.However it is their game,so if this is the design the want,so be it,enjoy.I did see some positives and negatives,it just doesn't look like a game for me.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• kwaikwai Member UncommonPosts: 825

I don't get why people would pre-order anything that they have yet to see anything from, i have been following Xsyon on and off , but i wouldnt throw money at them without getting anything in return in form of a beta,  video trailers and what not.

• SigrandSigrand Member UncommonPosts: 367

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it were a scam.  I know very, VERY little about it.  I read the feature list and it sounds great on paper.  The reason I wouldn't be surprised if it were a scam is because the first time I ever heard about it was a few weeks ago, maybe a month.  The same day I found out about it, I went to its then newly created website which had almost no information or media and saw that they were accepting preorders.  The game suddenly appears out of nowhere, has no media or any real proof to show that it even exists and yet they're trying to sell preorders.  I can fire up photoshop right now and make a website for a game that doesn't exist and give the same appearance they did.

I get it, they're an indie company, they can use the money, they're shameless(not a bad thing, necessarily) but c'mon.  Who sells preorders to a game basically the day they announce it, without giving any kind of representation of what state the game is in?  It has scam written all over it I think.  I hope it turns out to be legitimate, though.  The industry could always use more sandbox games.

• IkisisIkisis Member UncommonPosts: 443

Originally posted by kwai

I don't get why people would pre-order anything that they have yet to see anything from, i have been following Xsyon on and off , but i wouldnt throw money at them without getting anything in return in form of a beta,  video trailers and what not.

Because whats 40 bucks really?

• paterahpaterah Member UncommonPosts: 578

Originally posted by Ikisis

Not much, but still not something you would just throw away.

• IkisisIkisis Member UncommonPosts: 443

Originally posted by paterah

Originally posted by Ikisis

Not much, but still not something you would just throw away.

Its easy to get it back one call to my CC and 40 bucks back in my piggy bank..

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

And the features list has been updated. 

Heh. When thinking about the pre-order money for Xsyon, I spent more money on AoC, only to be disappointed, WAR, PotBS, STO, name em all....just to be disappointed.  Now playing Fallen Earth, and a very craftastic game, but it's all about getting entertainment out of em.

The updated feature list http://www.xsyon.com/features looks good enough for me to get some entertainment value out of, thats for sure.  But the long-term sustainment is something I wont know until I try.  But getting some free-time along with the pre-order doesn't make it any more a poor decision as an investment in a single-player game, as far as I'm concerned.

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

Just reading an article on massively. Aparantly they are letting the last round of testers in this upcoming wednesday, testing for two weeks then going into preorder week. Had no idear it was this close to release and still haven't seen any gameplay trailers or anything..........I smell something fishy......and its not me.

*Edit....Phew! There was some bad diction in that post. Im Sorry....ITS LATE HERE! image