Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LFG With Politics

RozallaRozalla Member Posts: 51

Hi,

Are there any games other than EVE, which are politcally motivated, ie, gaining & loosing territory to other guilds or factions & guilds making alliances with each other, that sort of thing ?.

Thanks.

Comments

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Face of Mankind. As political as it gets, and you fight over territory through FPS-style gameplay. Free too, and worth a test run to see if it's your thing.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

Could also check out luminary.

• gauge2k3gauge2k3 Member Posts: 442

Lineage two, and Aion kind of.  Not exactly like eve but you still have turf battles.

• sekrogsekrog Member Posts: 261

It doesn't get much more politically heated than on the planet of Atys.  In fact, I think that might be one the big reasons Ryzom never really caught on.  

In WoW there's the Horde v. Alliance...but very few really give crap, and it rarely plays into any of the game.

Here's a thread from 2005 that'll give you a small taste of the political tensions and depth...including PvP territorial fights...that continue to this day.

http://forums.ryzom.de/showthread.php?t=10952

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

eve is the ultimate political game

• sekrogsekrog Member Posts: 261

Originally posted by miagisan

Well, you see Miagisan...the OP was asking about games "other than EvE".  It's not a long thread...

• JacobinJacobin Member RarePosts: 1,009

Darkfall would probably be yourbest bet.

• RozallaRozalla Member Posts: 51

Thanks for the replies.

I really hope I find a game with great politics, like you said in your post Sekrog, the horde & alliance rivalry in Wow is a joke, meaningless, they even share the same cities for christ sake.

I've checked out the games you all mentioned in this thread on youtube for a rough idea, Ryzom is a game i've always been meaning to try, but the low subscription base is turning me off a bit.

Today i've been playing Darkfall, I've heard there is a bit of a grind to be viable for sieges but im ok with that.  If I find that Darkfall is not the game for me, then I guess I will have to wait for Earthrise, which I think sounds promising.

Basically, I just want pvp to mean something, otherwise I may as well just play a fps.

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

Originally posted by sekrog

Originally posted by miagisan

Well, you see Miagisan...the OP was asking about games "other than EvE".  It's not a long thread...

my apologies, i missed that part

• BuniontToesBuniontToes Member Posts: 529

Originally posted by Nihilist

Darkfall would probably be yourbest bet.

This

• drago_pldrago_pl Member Posts: 384

If not EVE then Darkfall. No other choices sadly.