Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tera Gameplay Demonstration (Video)

MalekTausMalekTaus Member Posts: 5

Tera Gameplay Demonstration

"Brian Knox unveiled Tera to the masses through a live demonstration today at GDC 2010. This video covers Console-Control Gaming, Politics, Castania, Crescent Town (FGT PvP Tournament Area), and Basic Storyline"

It looks awesome

I use a 52" 1080 LCD as a PC monitor it's really nice to be able to sit back on my couch and relax by using a xbox 360 controller

Comments

• KryptyKrypty Member UncommonPosts: 454

Thats some awesome text.

• MalekTausMalekTaus Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by gameguy369

Thats some awesome text.

Ok now it's fixed, i'm new to this forum :D

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Some interesting stuff in the video,some good some just PR hype.

I like the seamless world as most probably do.I don't like how they hype up dodging and aiming then try to tell me group play will be diversified or skilled.Obviously using a Tank,you are not going to be dodging witch would allow the boss or enemy to get at your other players.

Also with a tank locked into the enemy,the others will never need dodging and aiming will be pretty easy,since there will be no need for all others to move around.

Imo the system is sort of a two style game,one setup for soloing one for grouping,but at the same time ,the mechanics really offer noting to group play at all.It really looks like a typical solo fest ,only reason to group is to hit instance boss/s,really no different than what we have seen a ton of lately,so no the combat structure will not be innovative.It will ONLY be different in solo mode,witch by what i have seen so far will be 99% of the game.Also the dodging animation takes so long,it really only looks useful as long as the enemy be it a mob or a player can only attack slowly ,otherwise you are just dodging and never attacking because you have no time for both.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• DenusDenus Member Posts: 40
    Originally posted by Wizardry

I like the seamless world as most probably do.I don't like how they hype up dodging and aiming then try to tell me group play will be diversified or skilled.Obviously using a Tank,you are not going to be dodging witch would allow the boss or enemy to get at your other players.
    Also with a tank locked into the enemy,the others will never need dodging and aiming will be pretty easy,since there will be no need for all others to move around.
    Imo the system is sort of a two style game,one setup for soloing one for grouping,but at the same time ,the mechanics really offer noting to group play at all.It really looks like a typical solo fest ,only reason to group is to hit instance boss/s,really no different than what we have seen a ton of lately,so no the combat structure will not be innovative.It will ONLY be different in solo mode,witch by what i have seen so far will be 99% of the game.Also the dodging animation takes so long,it really only looks useful as long as the enemy be it a mob or a player can only attack slowly ,otherwise you are just dodging and never attacking because you have no time for both.

I don't get how it necessarily follows that tanks won't dodge. If it has a typical hate system (which it seems to), then the mob would just stick on the tank anyway.

As for group play, this is a video I found. Seems like bosses are at least somewhat dynamic: www.youtube.com/watch

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

He is playing the game with a console controller. Consoles starting to become the future sooner than later it seems.

• gillen033gillen033 Member Posts: 9

I think this is the same video. The original video on the OP's link was removed it seems.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EaYFuJGTwQ

• AlienovrlordAlienovrlord Member Posts: 1,525
    Originally posted by gillen033

I think this is the same video. The original video on the OP's link was removed it seems.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EaYFuJGTwQ

That ZAM video might get pulled too since Youtube says the OP's was pulled by the ZAM network.   Here the link to the source at ZAM in case it does.

www.zam.com/story.html

I imagine this was probably the same video as the OP posted.

• pb1285npb1285n Member Posts: 505

I wasn't overly hyped about this game until this.

• hidden1hidden1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

I've been hyped about this since January 2009.  Especially after seeing their alpha playable boss fight.  I'm surprised that people are just now getting hyped by this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2r9GX-tHT8

• AlienovrlordAlienovrlord Member Posts: 1,525
    Originally posted by hidden1

I've been hyped about this since January 2009.  Especially after seeing their alpha playable boss fight.  I'm surprised that people are just now getting hyped by this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2r9GX-tHT8

Well, Korean imports haven't had a very good history in Western markets.  It sounds like these guys are really working closely with Western developers to help the transition of the game.    That shows they're putting a bit more thought into it.    

• RemainsRemains Member UncommonPosts: 375

The combat seems interesting, with the targeting system and so. From watching videos it looks like most mobs are kinda stupid though, maybe its mostly early-game mobs so far..?

Apart from that I havent found out much about this game, but I'll keep an eye on it.

• dwarflordkingdwarflordking Member Posts: 265

Originally posted by Wizardry

wow are u slow or something?

the only reason mmos have gay static fighting is cuz of bandwidth.

let me ask you this, u want static boring gameplay in god of war or zelda ? consoles dont do retarded fighitng cuz its not limited. by the way people who actually like boring combat needs to wake up. people actually want to fight not hold a button

• Ralphie2449Ralphie2449 Member UncommonPosts: 572

hmm those new dodge and targeting mechanics seem to be pretty interesting. Now i want to test the game immidiately.

What are the specualation on beta date?