Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ergonomic Mouse

LctwoLctwo Member Posts: 55

Guys and gals:

I have been doing a fair amount of research on ergonomic mice.  Since my work requires me to use a computer 10-12 hours a day, it is sometimes hard to muster up the enthusiasm to game...especially when discomfort is involved due to a long day at work.  Consequently, I am trying to create a very comfortable and ergonomic gaming environment at home.

I have narrowed down my choices to the following:

(1) Evoluent Vertical Mouse 3

(2) 3M Ergonomic Mouse

(3) E-Quill Air02bic mouse

(4) Zalman FPSGUN mouse

If you have any experience with the above-listed mice, I would love to hear your review.  Also, if you would like to recommend another mouse, I would love to hear about that as well.   Thanks in advance for any insight you might have...I really, really appreciate it.

Best,

Lctwo

Comments

• RectifyerRectifyer Member Posts: 103

I'm surprised you did not mention the Razer Death Adder

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

I haven't used any of those but I really like Razer's products, if you're going to use it at home for gaming (RPGs in specific) I would suggest http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.169418900/categoryId.35208800

If you want something more plain take a look at one of these

This was my prior mouse, awesome!

http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.169418100/categoryId.35208800

And then there's these 2

http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.171793100/categoryId.35208800

http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.169416100/categoryId.35208800

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• LctwoLctwo Member Posts: 55

I have seen a lot of positive feedback regarding those mice, but to me they just look like regular mice that are better designed for gaming.  I am more interested in a better ergonomically designed mouse...and if it so happens to have excellent gaming features...then that is even better.

But my primary objective is to find a quality, ergonomically designed mouse for the office and for gaming at home.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Mice are NOT erchonomic at all. Mice force you to move your lower arm and wrist constantly, causing friction and RSI or any other muscle/joint injurin in the end.

Back in 1997 I've had the symptoms of RSI starting in my right wriste due to gaming and my work. Like OP I spend 10+ hours a day behind the keyboard. I looked around, and the only solution I could find to rid myself of the RSI was using a trackball. Not the one where you roll the ball with your thumb (yet an other unnatural movement), but one where you control the ball with the index finger & middle finger.

Right now I have the Logitech Cordless Optical Trackman. To me it's a great gaming trackball, and using the Logitech software, the 300dpi is has is compensated pretty well, so that I can play my games without difficulty in HD.

• jahwarrior28jahwarrior28 Member UncommonPosts: 32

I recently got a g9x and it fits my hand great.  I picked up my old mouse to get it off my desk and couldn't believe the difference.  If you haven't, i would go to a B&M and get your hands on all the mice you can... that's how i decided on mine.

Anyways, good luck in finding a good deal on whatever you decide! 

• RectifyerRectifyer Member Posts: 103

The Death Adder has won awards for the ergonomic design btw

• striker09dxstriker09dx Member UncommonPosts: 197

the mouse ergonomy greatly depends on your hand. If you have small hands, you might find it difficult to use the ms sidewinder, which I do use and like.

You should also check and try buy a good chair with armrest. The lower  your chair is to your table, the more strain you are putting your wrist to.

I had a black mark on the wrist from too much gaming a few years ago. A bit like "street fighter thumb" but in the wrist. I no longer have it since I changed my chair.

• dea7hdea7h Member Posts: 5
    combine a logitech mini optical, razer salmosa asian edition or something
    like these(or laptopmouse) with a comfortable middle or low-friction mousepad.
    adjust your game/system sensitivity if required -> high enough for less hand/fingermovement(arm movement optional, not needed) but still accurate.

bigger hands(compare size specs to the small ones above) can try these:
    microsoft wmo 1.1, ms imo 1.1, logitech g3, razer salmosa standard.
    still small and leightweight, but not very small.

imo these settings can reduce the amount of work for the arm and hand
    and therefor provide some rest and regeneration.
    ===================

another solution could be the use of a mouse with many buttons. so that one hand
    has nothing to do at all because no keyboard is needed.
    razer naga or steelseries mmo wow mouse.
    ===================

or a gamepad like xbox360 pad for pc. using xpadder, joytokey... for
    mouse and keymapping.
  • TheutusTheutus Member UncommonPosts: 636

• TechleoTechleo Member Posts: 1,984

AH! The mighty mouse mouse from instructables taxidermy section! I LOVE IT! Hrmm wouldnt mind a cats head though. As for gaming mice, I love the death adder!