Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Going playing this game today..any guides suggestions etc..?

ZacruneZacrune Member Posts: 126

Any guides,suggestions , or anything before playing this game?

Is it a good game or bad?

Comments

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

Originally posted by Zacrune

1) take a look here http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=229815

2) is good game when you are the winner and bad game when you are the loser and on start you are a loser ofc

so learn to aim jump strafe and use game binds buy a gaming pad  a good mouse if u can a razor naga make sure you have a nvidia card and if possible  a i5 or i7 CPU low ping connection also a thick skin will help 

good luck

BestSigEver :P

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

Its a great game.

but be prepared, its dog eat dog.  I would recommend joining a good guild fairly early to help get you grounded and get you some protection.  You can always dump em later.

I self identify as a monkey.

• BuniontToesBuniontToes Member Posts: 529

Start with the accerlated development guide above.  Once you are done with that look at this thread and understnad which stats are important:

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=236710

Guilds....

There are a lot of really bad guilds out there.  If they are not helping you skill-up and they do not help you practice PvP look for another guild.  You will be getting rolled non-stop and it will never end if your guild is not intent on improving itself.  There are MANY bad guilds out there.

Practice....

I can not stress this enough.  Practice with people who are much better than you.  This is the only way you will learn why you lose fights so badly (and you WILL lose in the beginning).  Prefereably practice with people who  point out areas where you can improve. 

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

My opinion will be different from many. . I would suggest "just playing the game" for fun and doing things on your own at first.  This was the most enjoyable time.  After you realize you want to move on to the next level. . see where you are as far as the guides go and start grinding then. . don't grind right away.

Mind you, watching the guides first to help you in the right direction is likely a good idea. . I just can't stand playing a game as a job.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• EvasiaEvasia Member Posts: 2,827

Asking on mmorpg.com if this game is good or bad lol.

Secondly asking on Darkfall forum also lol.

As a fan try be objective i say its a good game if you like full loot free for all pvp.

And for advice Bank a lot:p

Games played:AC1-Darktide'99-2000-AC2-Darktide/dawnsong2003-2005,Lineage2-2005-2006 and now Darkfall-2009.....
    In between WoW few months AoC few months and some f2p also all very short few weeks.

• BlackWizardsBlackWizards Member Posts: 173

Originally posted by cosy

2) is good game when you are the winner and bad game when you are the loser and on start you are a loser ofc

so learn to aim jump strafe and use game binds buy a gaming pad  a good mouse if u can a razor naga make sure you have a nvidia card and if possible  a i5 or i7 CPU low ping connection also a thick skin will help 

good luck

Why recommend an i7 or i5 for game that doesn't support multithreading? This game cannot use more than 1 core, so no reason to tell everyone to go buy expensive processors for game that won't use more than one core out of four. Nvidia card is only necessary for the shadows, which apparently every one turns off any way.

• xzyaxxzyax Member Posts: 2,459

Originally posted by Evasia

Asking on mmorpg.com if this game is good or bad lol.

Secondly asking on Darkfall forum also lol.

As a fan try be objective i say its a good game if you like full loot free for all pvp.

And for advice Bank a lot:p

Just curious... where should the OP have asked the question?

I'd say the OP has gotten some very sound advice from a few different perspectives.  

From the looks of the responses... it would appear he asked the question in exactly the right place.  image

• DinidainDinidain Member UncommonPosts: 48

Originally posted by Evasia

...And for advice Bank a lot:p

Words to live by if you ever intend to have any amount of fun in this game.

Only ever take out of the bank what you are willing to lose at ANY given moment...Because at any given moment you WILL lose everything on you.

It's not a matter of "IF" it will ever happen, but "WHEN" it will happen, and early on it's likely to happen ALOT.

Eventually you won't feel like you're risking as much by taking that sword or chestpiece that was looted from a Treasure chest out of the bank and into the wilds with you.  And most likely it will be because you already have better in the bank, or access to better through crafting or clanmates or contacts you've made with other crafters & traders. So you'll take that sword or chestpiece along with you when you go hunting...and you'll lose it.

In Darkfall you will save yourself from a life of headache-rage-heartache-sadness by simply remembering:

"If it's NOT in YOUR Bank, then it's NOT truly YOURS."

Anyone and everyone can feel free to disagree with any or all of my opinions and observations whenever I rarely post them; it doesn't bother me one bit. Just know that I'll likely never respond to YOUR disagreement or personal attack, because I know better than to argue with idiots, especially upon internet Forums. See what I did there? -- Dinidain

• OBK1OBK1 Member Posts: 637

I started playing about a week ago and I'm having great fun. My advice would be, do what you feel is fun in the beginning to learn what you want from the game. Then you can start grinding what you need for that particular playstyle.

Also join the guild NEW, exists on both servers, they are there to help new players and you can only be a member for 30 days.

Originally posted by BlackWizards

good luck

Why recommend an i7 or i5 for game that doesn't support multithreading? This game cannot use more than 1 core, so no reason to tell everyone to go buy expensive processors for game that won't use more than one core out of four. Nvidia card is only necessary for the shadows, which apparently every one turns off any way.

u dint know i5 and i7 have turbo if you dont know what that means plz use google

• grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102

good luck

u dint know i5 and i7 have turbo if you dont know what that means plz use google

"Oh look I can boost my quad-core CPU to the speeds of a normal single core processor, sometimes". I would be VERY surprised if you noticed any performance improvement from upgrading your CPU unless you're forking out for a large cache model (i.e. 12MB). Crap loads of ram and a mid-range nvidia will do the trick.

If you bought top of the range CPU and the latest DDR and a top of the range motherboard you would probably see a 10% performance improvement for a $1000 compared to a single core AMD 3500.

--
    Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL

• BlackWizardsBlackWizards Member Posts: 173

good luck

You're not getting the picture, turbo mode isn't going to do anything more for Darkfall than a fast clocked dual core. Do you work for intel? Not exactly like this game is hard to run, so why you recommend expensive processor when older cheaper ones will still get 100+ fps in most situations is beyond me. I say if you only play darkfall get an amd phenom II and OC that bitch, half the price yet ~ performance in this very easy to run game.

good luck

You're not getting the picture, turbo mode isn't going to do anything more for Darkfall than a fast clocked dual core. Do you work for intel? Not exactly like this game is hard to run, so why you recommend expensive processor when older cheaper ones will still get 100+ fps in most situations is beyond me. I say if you only play darkfall get an amd phenom II and OC that bitch, half the price yet ~ performance in this very easy to run game.

you can spin this at any level but the ppl that have a i5 or i7 dont lag on big sieges

dont stop spin more