Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No Announcements for almost a year ??

RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

+-+-+-+-+-+
"MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
http://purepwnage.com
-+-+-+-+-+-+
"Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

Comments

• PoporiPopori Member UncommonPosts: 334

Probably because most of the 'announcement' type material has been posted in the General section of the forums as common threads. None of them seem to be stickied, but you could take five minutes and find 90% of the information that would be considered an announcement tucked away in there. Maybe not the most organized way of doing things, but it is there.

• jtrekjtrek Member Posts: 2

As a side note for our international friends, a razorback is another name for an aggressive pig :/  For some odd reason one of the members here has chosen this name to represent theirself,     

I'm not trying to discredit respectable pigs; however, this particular pig seems tp be making a bold attempt to stand out. 

In order to correct this:

The annoucements that have been posted have been posted  at http://www.realmsoftorment.net/forums/forumdisplay.php3?s=8e8565f66f5009002c613184c40eb83d&forumid=3

This should make it easier on your already tortured brain Razorback. From now on stick to the animal "love" stuff. The  things you guys from Arkansas really know something about ;)

Makes you wonderimage

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

LMAO

1 post.... 1 POST ??? you mean you created a membership just display how little you know about why I have my handle

The lengths Mourning Fanboys will go to to defend this game never ceases to amaze me. In fact the fanboys are more impressive than the game as far as I can tell. Its even more amazing since I am not even attacking the game I am making a point about how poorly the community is managed, a fact acknowledged by Spoonbender in a recent sticky post that I bet you didnt read. (btw Spoon is a mod on the mourning forums, which you probably didnt know)

If you have somthing positive to add about Mourning then by all means post it. If the best you can do is resort to pathetic attempts at insults then I wouldnt bother, the other attribute of a Razorback is extremely thick skin. If I want insults that sting, I will talk to my wife.

btw.. Arkansas is in the USA. Im in Australia.  In addition to only being able to work out one meaning for a word and showing that english history is a weak point for you, I guess you have also shown that Geography isnt your strong point either .

If Im losing you, just stop reading anytime.

Razorback is the name of the highest geographical peake in South Australia. It happens to be the Mount that overlooks my house and I feel very privelged to live near such a beautiful peice of Australian Landscape. I took my handle from the hill not only because of its inspiration to me but also for the "actual" reason you lamely tried to specify except you could not resist twisting the definition you found to suit your purposes.

A "Razorback" is indeed a pig, but no ordinary pig. It is the name given to the Aplha Male Wild Boar of Australian wild pigs. Since we dont have any large predators like lions, wolves etc in Australia, apart from Crocodiles the Razorback is widely agreed to be the most dangerous mammal (thats not chicken or fish) in the country. There are numerous reports of hunters being killed by these beasts and in Australia it is a title given to only the most feirce and aggressive.

Wanker however is a term that means the same thing in most western languages... and I would imagine its a term you hear a lot.

Dont waste that big second post now. Switch on your intelect and come back with somthing at least moderatley challenging since I need to sleep soon and your last gibber damn near sent me off. image

If youve had enough then you may go now, lest I taunt you a second time.

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

When you two get done slap-fighting, he did answer your question, be it with an unneeded and uncalled for twist. I can agree that the community is poorly handled by the -Volunteer Mods- that have -no hand in game development-.

And personally, I find myself to be as much of a fanboy as people that make these forms of threads are raving trolls with vandetta/animosity for any game that doesn't meet their every demand or isn't mainstream. ( Note I'm not calling anyone names if they aren't calling me a fanboy ::::03:: )

In my opinion, there is a fine line between fanboy and asshole. The only real difference is which team you're playing for.

Its a simple observation based on the fact that I read a lot of MMO forums and every other one I have been to recently puts the announcements in the announcements section. So if anything call me a pedant.

I was going to link to all the other forums where the announcements section has posts from like 24 hours ago... but whats the point. This game is clearly off limits when it comes to anything other than falling at its feet in praise.

How very boring. image

+-+-+-+-+-+
    -+-+-+-+-+-+

I'm not sure I get what you're saying Razor.  I don't think anyone here was praising Mourning.  All we did is point out that the announcements were there, just hidden.  Your original post made it sound as if you were trying to suggest the game lacked announcements as if the developments were at a standstill/inactive, and we tried to show that wasn't the case.  But, since you were going to link to all the announcements to help people find them, I personally was mistaken and should apologize. Very sorry!
  • SlytheSlythe Member UncommonPosts: 952

Originally posted by Razorback
    LMAO
    1 post.... 1 POST ??? you mean you created a membership just display how little you know about why I have my handle
    The lengths Mourning Fanboys will go to to defend this game never ceases to amaze me. In fact the fanboys are more impressive than the game as far as I can tell. Its even more amazing since I am not even attacking the game I am making a point about how poorly the community is managed, a fact acknowledged by Spoonbender in a recent sticky post that I bet you didnt read. (btw Spoon is a mod on the mourning forums, which you probably didnt know)
    If you have somthing positive to add about Mourning then by all means post it. If the best you can do is resort to pathetic attempts at insults then I wouldnt bother, the other attribute of a Razorback is extremely thick skin. If I want insults that sting, I will talk to my wife.
    btw.. Arkansas is in the USA. Im in Australia. In addition to only being able to work out one meaning for a word and showing that english history is a weak point for you, I guess you have also shown that Geography isnt your strong point either .
    If Im losing you, just stop reading anytime.
    Razorback is the name of the highest geographical peake in South Australia. It happens to be the Mount that overlooks my house and I feel very privelged to live near such a beautiful peice of Australian Landscape. I took my handle from the hill not only because of its inspiration to me but also for the "actual" reason you lamely tried to specify except you could not resist twisting the definition you found to suit your purposes.
    A "Razorback" is indeed a pig, but no ordinary pig. It is the name given to the Aplha Male Wild Boar of Australian wild pigs. Since we dont have any large predators like lions, wolves etc in Australia, apart from Crocodiles the Razorback is widely agreed to be the most dangerous mammal (thats not chicken or fish) in the country. There are numerous reports of hunters being killed by these beasts and in Australia it is a title given to only the most feirce and aggressive.
    Wanker however is a term that means the same thing in most western languages... and I would imagine its a term you hear a lot.
    Dont waste that big second post now. Switch on your intelect and come back with somthing at least moderatley challenging since I need to sleep soon and your last gibber damn near sent me off. image
    If youve had enough then you may go now, lest I taunt you a second time.

Mwuahaha, BURN!
    /owned

• ArcariusArcarius Member Posts: 72

I noticed that their announcements threads is obsolete a few days ago too...

And jtrek just got owned. Owned like a child molester sent to Federal Pound-me-in-the-ass Penetentiary.

Eternal Vigilance - NOW RECRUITING

-Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Well in my own tiny way I may have assisted in improving the management of the Mourning community.

No posts in the "annoucements" area for almost a year. Then I put this thread up. Suddenly we have this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next Betaphase: Delayed Untill Thursday, 3rd of March

Seeing as announcements get scattered all over the forums I'll just post this up here.

It seems the Next Betaphase got delayed until tomorrow. I hope that everyone gets their invites by then.

Your happy neighbourhood moderator,
    Jesse

Quote from Egomancer:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dont expect thanks

+-+-+-+-+-+
    -+-+-+-+-+-+

Hehe, maybe they've installed spies to quell you, Razor.

Lets put it this way....

The language used by Jtrek warranted a little investigation on my part.

After a fair bit of reading Id just like to offer Tiamat (my informed guess) or whoever it is the opportunity to come and make an account under his own name rather than a pseudonim (spelling?). That way we can debate thhese issues without either of us having to be worried about being banned for saying something the other one deoesnt like.

As I have said the reason I have not joined the Mourning forums is I know as soon as I post something remotely honest, ill be flicked for being "rude"

The way he refers to the rest of the members of MMO as "our international friends" is absolutly typical of Tiamats language. The condescending use of the word "rude" to describe any assertion that he doesnt agree with is typical of the moderators of the Mourning forums. Their logic (very Euro/Asian) is that you do not enter someones home (their forum) and begin to criticise the owner. Now thats fine and dandy if you all you want from people is timid agreement and brown nosing. But if your after honesty then you are unlikely to get it in a climate of fear.

At least on these boards the Mods exercise common sense about what they allow, they dont get all emotional about hearing something they dont agree with. I have had a few posts deleted over the time I have been on MMORPG and I have not argued about any of them. Im still here and posting. On Mourning I would be have been banned months ago for even asking the questions I ask, let alone voicing my genuine opinions about the forums.

I know it must burn the Mourning Mods up to come here and read the posts of me Arcarius, RPG Porkster, Darqenblade etc. But at the same time maybe its a lesson for them that this stuff can be talked about and at the end of the day it doesnt affect either their lives, their game or their precious revenue. Its just opinions. No one needs to be so afraid of opinions as they seem to be. 

+-+-+-+-+-+
    -+-+-+-+-+-+

I made a lengthy response to this that was eaten by the forum, so I'll summarize.

I don't know anything about what you're talking about with Tiamat. I don't read much past the announcements, features, and lore posts. So I can't comment on that.

However, I noticed that you, Arcaius, and Pork, all have a common trait of being 'aggressive' or 'brutally honest' when it comes to speaking your mind. Not to mention you're not too savve about taking a blow. (Solely based on your response to that poor fellow in one of these threads) The Mourning team, as a whole, seems much more receptive of the calm, cool types of posts, critical or not. While aggressive, loose-tongued people generally make GREAT debaters, they generally aren't the best at offering advice or tips. (Not that their advice isn't sound or valuable, I mean it generally doesn't come across too well..if you get what I mean.)

• brando13184brando13184 Member UncommonPosts: 67

There's a place for everyone in the world and I guess the more aggressive types are there to test the waters.  We now know that tiamat and co. tend to get irritated under stressful situations.  I can't say that I would act any differently, because to be honest, I probably would have blown up too.

The only problem is that rather than everyone stepping back and realizing that either its just to get a rise out of you, or the fact that some people just like to cause trouble, people get offended.

I used to be the exact same way, I took things waaaaaaaaay too personally.  Then, I went off to Military Basic, and definately learned that not everything is a personal attack, and sometimes people misinterperet an off comment or joke as being totally serious.

Those that stir up trouble definately help to keep the dev team honest and we need those that can keep the dev team honest.  It tends to get out of hand once people making "causing grief" their crusade.

• jtrekjtrek Member Posts: 2

I'm not tiamat and here is how you'll know why...

I apologize to razor... those personal comments were completely uncalled for. There should be a law against drinking and posting. Had a moment of fanboism that went too far.... :/

• happydan20happydan20 Member UncommonPosts: 260

nice burn by razor... was better then seeing someone ask a fat woman how far along she is... only to learn she's not pregnant.

imageimage

Also, jtrek has a point they cant be tiamat... they appologizedimage

We all know that guy didn't come with that ability.