Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LOTRO sale end's sunday| The Lord of the Rings Online™: Siege of Mirkwood™ Complete DIGITAL DOWNLOAD

Comments

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

Originally posted by pupurun

Not always.Address on this occasion is useless since there is no shipping involved.I have subscribed to other games with fake address with no problem.I guess the only thing companies care about is valid Credit card. On this PAX EAST offer i fear there is a location restriction and that is filtered through IP address from Turbine's website. I even tried EU address with US zip.

Problem is, they're probably investigating the guy who lives at the address you gave them for CC fraud.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• rlmccoy1987rlmccoy1987 Member Posts: 1,722

Just picked it up, thanks OP.

• MargalusMargalus Member Posts: 11

Originally posted by XAleX360

That can't be. I know for certain that European-based PCs have been able to successfully use the offer.

He was talking about me.

I'm posting here because i have another problem. Yesterday i bought my copy of the game with this offer, and everything worked fine. Strange thing is i used my ITALIAN address that matches my credit card's one(a Visa). Anyway, it worked so..

Fact is i was about to order a second copy for my brother to play along with him. He is 16 years old and has no credit card ofc, so i tried to buy it again with mine. The problem is this message always popping:

"We are unable to process your order. Please verify your information and try again."

I browsed the net and found this error pops for many reasons, even the account renewal ones, but it doesn't actually tell you what's wrong with it. XAleX360 suggested me that some games doesn't allow to have the same credit card on two account, but i can't tell it for sure as long as the error doesn't explain anything.

Have any tips? I have less then a day to purchase it and without the second account to play with my bro it will be a worse experience..thanks in advance guys!

EDIT!!

XAleX360 confirmed that other EU players, as you can see in this thread, succesfully purchased the game so it's not the address but it could probabilly is the other problem he mentioned; can't use the same credit card on two accounts. If this is true isn't there a way to fix the thing? I don't have a credit card for every member of my family(as many do) so i wonder how they think you can buy the game twice in this conditions .-.

• NemorsaNemorsa Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 131

Just bought it, thanks op. I'm on the trial now but will be using it as soon as it's up. I rolled an Elf Hunter and got slapped by some dwarves earlier and got told to go home :< People take their RP seriously here huh? I'm Mareathalion on Brandywine if anyone wants to play, very noob so I may need to be shown the ropes.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Damn good deal, but bummer for us EU people.

And they dont even accept pay pal ... and my rechargable debt card is empty ...

If i only knew about this day before

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

Originally posted by Margalus

Originally posted by XAleX360

That can't be. I know for certain that European-based PCs have been able to successfully use the offer.

He was talking about me.

I'm posting here because i have another problem. Yesterday i bought my copy of the game with this offer, and everything worked fine. Strange thing is i used my ITALIAN address that matches my credit card's one(a Visa). Anyway, it worked so..

Fact is i was about to order a second copy for my brother to play along with him. He is 16 years old and has no credit card ofc, so i tried to buy it again with mine. The problem is this message always popping:

"We are unable to process your order. Please verify your information and try again."

I browsed the net and found this error pops for many reasons, even the account renewal ones, but it doesn't actually tell you what's wrong with it. XAleX360 suggested me that some games doesn't allow to have the same credit card on two account, but i can't tell it for sure as long as the error doesn't explain anything.

Have any tips? I have less then a day to purchase it and without the second account to play with my bro it will be a worse experience..thanks in advance guys!

EDIT!!

XAleX360 confirmed that other EU players, as you can see in this thread, succesfully purchased the game so it's not the address but it could probabilly is the other problem he mentioned; can't use the same credit card on two accounts. If this is true isn't there a way to fix the thing? I don't have a credit card for every member of my family(as many do) so i wonder how they think you can buy the game twice in this conditions .-.

Back when I was buying the game i could not buy the game at all with my UK address, strange :(

Maybe it is because we have letters in our ZIP/Postal Codes.

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

Originally posted by Lobotomist

Damn good deal, but bummer for us EU people.

And they dont even accept pay pal ... and my rechargable debt card is empty ...

If i only knew about this day before

you can go recharge your card now ^^

Originally posted by SgtFrog

Back when I was buying the game i could not buy the game at all with my UK address, strange :(

Yeah we only have numbers in our ZIP/Postal Codes so that's probabilly the deal for you.

But for me..any suggestions? Can someone who already has an account ask on the official forums if you can use the same card on two accounts?

I don't know what to do and i have to buy this second account today, otherwise i'll be very disappointed because they doesn't even tell you what's wrong with the procedure.

• astrob0yastrob0y Member Posts: 702

Can I buy this digital download and merge it with my lotro+mom account? 

I7@4ghz, 5970@ 1 ghz/5ghz, water cooled||Former setups Byggblogg||Byggblogg 2|| Msi Wind u100

Yeah we only have numbers in our ZIP/Postal Codes so that's probabilly the deal for you.

But for me..any suggestions? Can someone who already has an account ask on the official forums if you can use the same card on two accounts?

I don't know what to do and i have to buy this second account today, otherwise i'll be very disappointed because they doesn't even tell you what's wrong with the procedure.

Do you have another CC?

Originally posted by astrob0y

Can I buy this digital download and merge it with my lotro+mom account? 

Pretty sure you can

Do you have another CC?

Nope, i don't know what to do in order to purchase it now.

I'm trying to contact some friends with prepaid CCs but if they haven't charghed theirs i won't be able to buy the account =/

Oh and i still don't understand why they don't let you use the same CC on two accounts.

• gnetogneto Member Posts: 11

I tried to buy it, I am in the us with a us cc and stuff.... unable to process the order. Tried again with my other 2 CCs and got the same message. I am going to be really fucking pissed off if I see 3 turbine charges on my credit card.

Originally posted by gneto

I tried to buy it, I am in the us with a us cc and stuff.... unable to process the order. Tried again with my other 2 CCs and got the same message. I am going to be really fucking pissed off if I see 3 turbine charges on my credit card.

You mean you recieved the same error i got?

• pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561

"The following products are restricted by the billing country you specified."

I live in Europe, i used two valid VISA cards .I even used a valid debit card .All with the appropriate true info .

When i input false country(USA,AFRICAN COUNTRIES,SOUTH AMERICAN COUNTRIES)  i get this:

This is outrageous.Turbine can accept subscribed customers from Europe anytime.But with this offer no?

They should at least explain it at the registration page and warn all EU people.

Oh and i cant believe those that say that they live in EU and bought the offer. Its impossible. When you input ANY eu country you get this :  "The following products are restricted by the billing country you specified."

I live in Europe, i used two valid VISA cards .I even used a valid debit card .All with the appropriate true info .

When i input false country(USA,AFRICAN COUNTRIES,SOUTH AMERICAN COUNTRIES)  i get this:

This is outrageous.Turbine can accept subscribed customers from Europe anytime.But with this offer no?

They should at least explain it at the registration page and warn all EU people.

Oh and i cant believe those that say that they live in EU and bought the offer. Its impossible. When you input ANY eu country you get this :  "The following products are restricted by the billing country you specified."

Several people from EU have got it in the offer; it is because they do not officially support EU countries that everyone will be getting different results and stuff.

Ehi StgFrog, this way it seems it could be really random to get the payment done or not..but i wonder, is it normal that i can't buy it twice with the same card for two different accounts as i said?

Someone here who succesfully subscribed/paid more then once with the same credit card?

Several people from EU have got it in the offer; it is because they do not officially support EU countries that everyone will be getting different results and stuff.

So its random? I can't believe that! I think all orders are filtered. We just don't know which filter!! 

And btw.It is weird that they don't ask for our Credit Card's  CV number (the 3digit number on the back). 

So is it the IP? Is it the EXACT info needed with the CC number? (maybe i input the address differently)

• circaencircaen Member UncommonPosts: 34

Just picked this up, downloading now.. This is a really good deal.. hope this brings people to play with in the starter areas.

Originally posted by circaen

Just picked this up, downloading now.. This is a really good deal.. hope this brings people to play with in the starter areas.

If it only worked as intended..not only me is having problems(i'm trying to buy another account as i said) but there's also no solution yet!

FOR THOSE HAVING THE ERROR MESSAGE WHILE TRYING TO BUY THE GAME TAKE A LOOK AT THIS(http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=324707) POST!!

No answer yet but it's on the official forums so i guess they'll answer soon(before i go to sleep at least :D ) .

• rlmccoy1987rlmccoy1987 Member Posts: 1,722

Originally posted by circaen

If it only worked as intended..not only me is having problems(i'm trying to buy another account as i said) but there's also no solution yet!

FOR THOSE HAVING THE ERROR MESSAGE WHILE TRYING TO BUY THE GAME TAKE A LOOK AT THIS(http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=324707) POST!!

No answer yet but it's on the official forums so i guess they'll answer soon(before i go to sleep at least :D ) .

I added the key to my account, it did not even recognize it nor did it give me 30 days of game time...  It said it activated but did not give me the time! image

Don't know what's the problem, i'm still trying to solve mine which prevents me of buying the game for the other account..anyway i din't have a trial account or such so i'm gonna create a new one for this offer, i think it'll work for the 30 days.

• abstraktabstrakt Member Posts: 8

US player new to LotRO giving this a shot. I had no problems with the DL, install & account setup/payment. Hoping this game will offer up some good times.

Damn i can't believe this.

It's been 24 hours since i started to work on this problem searching how to solve it and there's NO SOLUTION. Plus on the official forum no-one in charge at Turbine answered so the offer is expiring and we can't buy the game. I really hope them to recieve a lot of complains to extend the offer or let people who spent hours on this problem get the game at that price in the next days.

turbine support said in their Forum at Monday morning that they will look at their backlog of petitions and start replying and giving solutions to the many people that for various reasons failed to get the 9,99$ offer through the turbine shop. ANYONE has even received an answer from turbine? I have send 2 petitions for the matter 2 days before the offer ended and i still haven't got a reply....

:(