Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wurm Online - A game you should all try!

Joker661Joker661 Member Posts: 36

Before I begin allow me to introduce myself, I am Kane and i am a self confessed MMO addict. I have played all the major titles over the years both Monthly Subscription based MMO's and Free to play MMO's but i have grown bored of my first love LOTRO and have been looking for other MMORPG's to fill the gap till FFXIV and SW:TOR so i decided to join the MMORPG community in hope of finding some new MMO's to sink my teeth into and through the this website i found a real gem of a game that is truly unique and stands out from all the rest, ladies and gentlemen i give you Wurm! I have been playing Wurm for a little over a week now and find myself hooked, You all should really give it a go. Its free to play with the option of transferring your character to the premium servers if you wish. Wurm in my opion is one of the last true sandboxes giving the players total freedom and even the power to reshape the landscape of wurm itself, Wurm is a kingdom simulation game which means instead of grinding Xp to reach that next level, you will find yourself building you own estate or joining a Village.everything in wurm is made by the players and while the player base is small it is by far the best community i have been in a MMO to date. The game itself really is fun and you should all give it a try, it may not be for everybody but it is a truly wonderful experience once you find feet. 

Link to the Website: http://www.wurmonline.com/

Comments

• Joker661Joker661 Member Posts: 36

Bumping for the glory of Wurm! 

• PlasmicredxPlasmicredx Member Posts: 629

block of text

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547

Too much simulation, not enough game.

• melmoth1melmoth1 Member Posts: 762

I have to post a pet-hate reply.

Name the game in your post title or don't post at all.

It is sneaky and dishonest to create vague post titles about some "amazing game"  that people may choose to bypass if they new what game it was referring to. We should know exactly what are getting ourselves into when we click a post.

Regards

melmoth

• arcdevilarcdevil Member Posts: 864

can you plesase edit your post in an understandable manner? hint: carriage return is your friend

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035
    Originally posted by TheHatter

Too much simulation, not enough game.

That's what they say about Sim City / The Sims and they still manage to be fun to some people. Also take in mind that anything else these days is "too much game, not enough simulation". Once you tire of what the game has to offer, what then? Plus there is a whole PvP server that has enough "game" going on to rival other big names.

I keep coming back to Wurm, and never run out of things to do when I do.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• Joker661Joker661 Member Posts: 36

Sorry if i mislead you  ;)

• scuubeedooscuubeedoo Member Posts: 458

I tried it. But it felt more like a multideveloper game editor to me than a game.

"Traditionally, massively multiplier online games have been about three basic gameplay pillars – combat, exploration and character progression. In Alganon, in addition to these we've added the fourth pillar to the equation: Copy & Paste."