Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UO vets rejoyce.

doobsterdoobster Member Posts: 736

3 days ago i was making my rounds at the usual forums and i stumbled upon a treasure.  I surround myself with MMORPGS daily, and i had still yet to hear anything about 'Darkfall' until recently.  Skeptical at first, i started reading the FAQ.  So much of what they said and purposed brought back so many memories of UO.  Darkfall is the first game (that im aware of) that is doing things like UO.  Devs are gamers themselves, not massmarket.  Completely NON-LINEAR, old UO style.  Open PvP. Great community. 

I feel this game is the best hidden treasure of upcoming games, i feel i must let you people who have been searching forever know.

If you used to play UO, or are sick of all the mass-market games being made, the LEAST you could do is take 30 minuts out and read the FAQ.

It also has some pretty visuals, icing on the cake.

Hope to see you around the community

www.darkfallonline.com

(to any moderator:  please dont move this into the Darkfall forum.  Forums like that never get any traffic, and my target audience for this thread is to people who dont know about Darkfall yet, those people probably arent hanging around the darkfall forums, THANKS!)

Comments

• MalkavianMalkavian Member UncommonPosts: 2,995

MMORPG.com publicise affiliated news and material as it is made available. The exposure to this perticliuar title will not be hindered by being placed in the appropriate forums.

- Malkavian image

"When you find yourself sinking into Madness, dive"

• doobsterdoobster Member Posts: 736

Absolutly rediculous.

Ruins teh entire point of my post.

I wasted 5 goddamn minuts logging into MMORPG.com

• PimpslayerPimpslayer Member Posts: 205
    image I agree, it will never get any traffic here. But rules are rules.

----------------Signature------------------
    Can someone please make me a sig. I would like it to have something to do with an eagle(the bird) Somewhere near the eagle can you put the words "Global Defense Initiative". Could you also have the line "If you can't buff up, don't step up!". Thanks!

Private Message me about it!

• doobsterdoobster Member Posts: 736

My thread didnt break a rule.  It was in the General Discussion.  It wasnt off-topic.

• MasterChaosMasterChaos Member Posts: 75
    Doobster does have a point.  The EQ, WOW, DnL, Vanguard, on and on posts in General Discussion dont get moved to seperate forums.  Why was this post moved?
  • ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955

The reason the Darkfall forums don't get any traffic is that this game hasn't made any progress in the last two years. So people have given up on it .

That isn't the sites fault, that is the game's fault

If the game makes progress in the future, and looks like it may actually be released, it will get plenty of hype and attention.

• dspeed12dspeed12 Member Posts: 42
    I think this game has huge potential and excellent ideas to implement.  It's whether they get around to finishing the game and putting it in the right way... I thought Guild Wars had a lot more going for it than it turned out to be....

• RiddlerRiddler Member Posts: 5

i agree

• DanahanDanahan Member Posts: 4
    I know just what your talking about doobster. Ever since that tragic day when trammel was introduced then power hour into UO it ruined it for all us vets and we all quit. and all UO had going for it was how open ended it was. New MMORPG´s should keep that in mind much like Darkfall seems to be doing
  • ermordenermorden Member Posts: 133
    Originally posted by ghoul31

The reason the Darkfall forums don't get any traffic is that this game hasn't made any progress in the last two years. So people have given up on it .
    If the game makes progress in the future, and looks like it may actually be released, it will get plenty of hype and attention.

OOhhhh look at ghoul31!  Pessimist since '05! 

I am guessing Open Beta will start sometime around halloween or mid november. 

• ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955
    Originally posted by ermorden

yea back then all the fanbois were saying that the game would definately be released in 2005. I knew from the info available that it would be years before it would be released. Guess who was proven right?

• downtoearthdowntoearth Member Posts: 3,558

Originally posted by ermorden

yea back then all the fanbois were saying that the game would definately be released in 2005. I knew from the info available that it would be years before it would be released. Guess who was proven right?

why do you think i didnt follow it