Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buy the Razer Naga MMORPG mouse

Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

Yeah I know I'm sounding like I'm being paid by Razer but trust me I'm not. I used to own the Razer Deathadder, it was the best mouse I'd ever owned smooth to the touch very comfortable worked perfectly and looked beautiful. Well a while ago on the DFO forums Whargoul mentioned the Razer Naga I looked it up and was a bit skeptical looking at that number pad but it was a Razer product and since they are in my opinion the premier company for gaming mice I took the plunge and ordered it.

Well the numberpad on the side is pretty good, I can comfortably hit the first three rows of keys (1-9) the last row feels a little awkward as it's a bit of a stretch. I had to get used to using it in combat so spent a few hours dueling a clan mate (thanks Sem) and got a good grasp on it. It was a while before it became intuitive but now I use those keys without thinking.

The macro software wasn't too great at product launch but it is working great now since they updated it a few months ago. I use this mouse in both DFO and MO, creating a macro is very easy and you can have as many profiles and macros as you please. I've even created and adjusted macros on the fly whilst gaming.

The size is about the same size as my Deathadder, right handed only I believe and it's extremely comfortable and looks and feels as great as the Deathadder.

The price isn't cheap and I can understand people not quickly purchasing such a product, I just wanted to say that I consider this as an essential piece of kit for playing MMORPGs now. One word of warning is that I've seen alot of complaints using this with the Razer mouse mat (the white one), allegedly the mouse has trouble with the laser on the Razer sign in the middle of the mat. I use a Belkin mat myself so wouldn't know ... so what are you waiting for buy it you fool!!!!!!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

Comments

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

HAHA! Glad your loving it as much as I am, man!

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

Originally posted by Wharg0ul

HAHA! Glad your loving it as much as I am, man!

Thanks for letting me know about it, my problem is that generaly if I go to press a key other than WASD I have to look. I use a Merc Stealth board so I don't have to do that 99% of the time but I can still be clumsy and a bit slow. Also when I'm up against some 12 year old that's on a massive suger rush from eatin 10 mars bars and drinking 3 litres of coke I just can't keep up with having to hit lots of different keys. Also doing things like buffing before a fight is just monotonous, this thing has given me an edge.

Even keys usually bound to the keyboard I'll bind to my mouse now like pressing X to sheathe/unsheathe my weapon I just bind to one of those keys and my hand is free to use WASD. With DFO I use it for switching the hotbar and pulling out the corresponding weapon automatically and auto buffing, it maybe just a few seconds extra but in DFO that's the difference between losing your gear and looting the enemies gear!

For WoW and WAR players there's an inbuilt interface you can use ingame, I don't play those games so can't comment on them but you don't have to use them.

Thanks again for mentioning this mouse :)

EDIT: An informative promo vid click

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897

how does it feel vs. other razer mice?  I like the low profile of the razers, unlike the claw profile of logitechs (your hand lays more flat with razers)

been debating on a new mouse, then again with my setup I think the NAGA may be overkill as I also own an N52.

• noquarternoquarter Member Posts: 1,170

Originally posted by Agricola1 Thanks for letting me know about it, my problem is that generaly if I go to press a key other than WASD I have to look.

As an aside, a friend introduced my to using ESDF instead of WASD. I thought it was a retarded notion but eventually I switched over to it and it's much better than WASD because your fingers remain on the home row for typing and it opens up more keys for keybinds.

Great for MMO's where you have to stop and type often, so you don't have to change your hand position around and get lost :)

• pyrofreakpyrofreak Member UncommonPosts: 1,481

Well, this is fairly related.

Anyone have a Razer Lycosa? What do you think of it?

I'm in the market for a keyboard and it looks good + it's small, so more room for my mouse on a fairly limited area.

Now with 57.3% more flames!

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

Originally posted by VooDoo_Papa

how does it feel vs. other razer mice?  I like the low profile of the razers, unlike the claw profile of logitechs (your hand lays more flat with razers)

been debating on a new mouse, then again with my setup I think the NAGA may be overkill as I also own an N52.

I find it amazingly comfortable. My hand is far more relaxed on this mouse, and doesn't get as tired after long play sessions.

The mouse LOOKS big in pictures, but in actuality it's a sleek little machine that barely feels like it's there, in my experience.

I find it amazingly comfortable. My hand is far more relaxed on this mouse, and doesn't get as tired after long play sessions.

The mouse LOOKS big in pictures, but in actuality it's a sleek little machine that barely feels like it's there, in my experience.

Agreed it's about the same as my Deathadder (was designed by the same people that made the Deathadder and Mamba) in size and feel and it does look bigger on the screen than when you get it. I wouldn't say the Naga is overkill for someone that plays alot of MMORPGs or even FPS. The price is high but it's worth it in my opinion.

CS Lewis

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

The mouse looks really nice. Is it possible to remap some of the buttons to act as function keys (shift, ctrl, alt) and as combinations of those keys (shift + ctrl, shift + alt, etc.) I need to have the function keys located on my mouse, so that I can use a combination of mouse button + keyboard button to activate abilities, do you know if I could use Razer Naga for that?

I was able to find 16 buttons from the pictures (12 number buttons, left and right button, and 2 additional buttons on left). Is the 17th button on mouse wheel, or did I miss one?

Originally posted by Agricola1

Agreed it's about the same as my Deathadder (was designed by the same people that made the Deathadder and Mamba) in size and feel and it does look bigger on the screen than when you get it. I wouldn't say the Naga is overkill for someone that plays alot of MMORPGs or even FPS. The price is high but it's worth it in my opinion.

thanks for the replies

ya its extremely tempting.  Ive pretty much excluded the keyboard from all of my games unless its for chatting or setting up the options.  Something like this would give me more flexibility and that razer feel.

can the buttons be assigned to macros or multi-keys using the razer control panel for the mouse?

I just picked one up, and I gotta say it doesnt have that low profile fit that I liked so much with the copperhead.  It seems theyre going away from that style and doing more "ergonomic" styles.

the two buttons next to the left click, what use to be for the thumb on other models, is really awkward to reach and almost seem like overkill. (though I understand why they kept it)

I do like that you can program the buttons to do practically anything.  I already found some really good uses for it

anyway, its a good mouse and if all you currently use is a mouse/keyboard this thing would be a nice upgrade for you.

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022

It´s in my to do list as long with megalodon but im waiting for both to lower prices, as i´m not subbed to any mmo at the moment they are not "needed".

Also as mmo are going control pad like tera, im thinking if they gonna be really that usefull in the future.

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

Originally posted by Vrika

The mouse looks really nice. Is it possible to remap some of the buttons to act as function keys (shift, ctrl, alt) and as combinations of those keys (shift + ctrl, shift + alt, etc.) I need to have the function keys located on my mouse, so that I can use a combination of mouse button + keyboard button to activate abilities, do you know if I could use Razer Naga for that?

I was able to find 16 buttons from the pictures (12 number buttons, left and right button, and 2 additional buttons on left). Is the 17th button on mouse wheel, or did I miss one?

Yes and yes, you can map any buttons or combination of buttons/mouse clicks to these keys and the last button is the mouse wheel.

The two buttons next to the LMB are a bit awkward but you have the 12 button pad to make up for that.

CS Lewis